godfr101

• Posted The Psychology of Female and Male to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Years from now, I will still remember the psychological aspects of males and females. I found learning of biological and evolutionary psychology to be the articulation of concepts I had already observed in relationships, family life, and society. Innate personality...
  • Commented on Different Perceptions of Time
    It is very interesting that living in a region where time seems to pass slower can result in more emphasis on the present moment, and less of an eye towards the future. It is interesting that the more important the...
  • Commented on IQ testing as a measure of job performance
    I agree with your opinion that IQ tests should not be the only method utilized to predict a person's whole intelligence. IQ tests measure only specific areas of overall intelligence, such as recalling facts, spatial intelligence, and ability to recognize...
  • Commented on Beauty: Is it Really in the Eye of the Beholder?
    I like how you show the relationship between the biological and cultural aspects of beauty. It seems that the biological factors of finding a mate, and mating, will always be prevalent in human culture. Humanity developed around the culture of...
  • Commented on I'm not a Skeptic, I'm a Scientist!
    I agree, thinking in scientific ways can lead to stronger thoughts, opinions, and ideas in every part of life- not simply academic parts. I do not think that critical, psychological thinking is the same thing as skepticism. Being skeptical implies...
  • Commented on facial emotions
    I somewhat agree with the truth of the facial feedback hypothesis. I think it creates and openness to happy feelings, but does not replicate actual happiness. With one's muscles and appearance showing happiness, social interaction will have a greater chance...
  • Commented on The Powers of Persuasion
    It is interesting that the psychological relationship between persuasion and guilt can result in a desired outcome. Guilt can be manipulated to bring about actions to relieve the guilt, when one feels like they are being persuaded into fulfilling responsibilities....
  • Commented on An Ethical Dilemma that We Must Address
    I agree with your phrase "the best decision for humanity". It seems that such a matter as rearranging human genomes is something that ought to be addressed as a large-scale, highly important issue. It is a matter that has the...
  • Posted Who is smarter? Men or women? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Although IQ scores show a fairly even range of scores among the sexes, there are distinct gender differences concerning male and female intelligence strengths. Trends show that women have a greater verbal and emotional intelligence, while men have a greater...
  • Commented on Unconsciously Immoral?
    I agree, this is a very striking concept. The metaphor of right and wrong is an incredibly over-simplified perspective through which to address everyday occurences. Were there only one feasable solution to the conflicts we face everyday, there would be...
  • Commented on Homosexuals; should they be allowed to donate blood?
    I agree, this is an injustice. The notion that all male homosexuals are carriers of AIDS is a greatly outdated one. I also agree with your conclusion that unprotected sex is a far more concerning issue than sexual orientation. One's...
  • Commented on Violence and Video Games
    To say that no correlation exists is overlooking the mass amounts of violent video games that children play. However, I see a distinction between "influence" and "cause". There is something to be said for the ideas which violent video games...
  • Commented on Erasing Memories: Is it possible?
    It seems that even losing memories that seem to us to be trivial, and not vital in our overall personality or day-to-day life, but I think that all experiences result in our cognitive, emotional, and psychological development. Without even a...
  • Posted Moral Dilemmas to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Kohlberg applies psychology to the decision making process, and the stages that lead to a morally challenging decision. The focus of his work was the reasoning process of his subjects, rather than the conclusions they came to when faced with...
  • Commented on Emotion and Advertising
    I agree, the use of music, subject content, and abstract ideas effectively create an emotion in the viewer. The manipulation of emotion and imagination allows the viewer to create a "just like you" character in their mind. Google, being an...
  • Commented on Unconscious thought
    Learning about the man with his corpus callosum severed made clear that the brain is at work even when we are not consciously aware of it. It is surprising and interesting that large parts of our personalities or decision making...
  • Commented on Get Fit, Don't Quit
    To me, the strongest influence on the viewer is this commercial is the alarm of the neighbor. By creating a somewhat extreme character who uses the product, the viewer may not be able to self-identify. By introducing the other character,...
  • Commented on Are You in Control?
    It is very strange to think that our free will is merely a function of our anatomy. This truly does demonstrate the relationship between the unconscious mind, and our conscious, more active thought processes. The brain is 6 seconds ahead...
  • Commented on Chapter 5: Lucid Dreaming
    Lucid dreaming is an example of how powerful the mind is. The brain can simulate sensation, and trick on into believing they are experiencing a reality far different from sleeping in their bed....
    Lucid dreaming is one of the incredible ways that the brain is capable of tricking you. Similar to sensory illusions, lucid dreaming makes one experience sensations in a way that is not truly real. It is amazing that one can...
  • Commented on Philosophers still cannot decide!
    It seems that total freedom would only be possible without social and physical restrictions. Surely, the freedom to choose is prevalent, but the choices available are only specific to a certain time, a certain social class, a certain person. Freedom...
  • Commented on Little Meals, Big Boost?
    Perhaps the most important factor in a person's dieting is their attitude. With a constant conscious effort to eat much differently than normal, by changing the traditional three meals a day regimen, a person might develop healthier habits. If eating...
  • Commented on Blog # 2: Adrenaline
    This is an amazing concept- the body is ready to help you handle extraordinary situations at a moment of need. Adrenaline almost seems like an alter-ego, giving you the necessary attributes to handle a task at hand. It is amazing,...
  • Posted Gender Neutral - Sasha Laxton Defies Stereotypes to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Until recently, a child living in Great Britain lived without the constrictions, stereotypes, or regulations of gender. Raised as "gender-neutral", Sasha Laxton's parents kept Sasha's gender a secret. As he is now five years old, and beginning school, they have...
  • Posted Chapter 9 - The Flynn Effect to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    The Flynn effect is a phenomenon that James Flynn observed in the 1980's. He observed that the average IQ increases by three points every decade. When looking back in time to past generations, this is a strong distinction between the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from godfr101