hart1059

• Posted The Importance of Understanding Personality to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    In my humble opinion the most important topic discussed in this class as it relates to everyday life was personality. Personally I can see myself using what I now know about personality in the future as it comes in handy...
  • Posted The Young Guns to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Although many of us would like to believe that birth order has to do with intelligence and personality it isn't that simple. Since researchers have yet to find a strong correlation between the two we are forced to to come...
  • Posted Can Alzheimer's be Prevented? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Alzheimer's: a type of dementia that causes problems with memory, thinking and behavior. Alzheimer's disease accounts for anywhere from 50% to 80% of dementia cases so it is not uncommon to have had an encounter, either with a relative or...
  • Commented on Environment or Genetics? The ADHD conflict continues
    I too have noticed various news articles suggesting that ADHD is over-diagnosed in kids. So this, with the 85% that didn't have a known genetic connection, leads me to believe that ADHD has more to do with environment that it...
  • Commented on Hey nice bracelet. Can you really jump higher?
    I agree that the bracelets are an excellent example of the Placebo Effect in action. However, I do not believe their popularity is due to an decrease in critical thinking or merely because there are more gullible people out there...
  • Posted Blog 1: Ch. 12 to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Ch. 12: Stress, Coping and Health was an interesting chapter for me in the fact that it brought up many interesting points about stress and what stress is, what it can do to us physically as well as emotionally, and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from hart1059