howe0293

• Commented on Personality is forever...
    I totally agree with you that this was one of the most interesting parts of the class because it is the most pervasive thing about psychology that you see everyday. I also agree with you about liking to know why...
  • Commented on Final Blog Post: Remembering Psychology
    I think that this is really interesting because, honestly, I had forgotten about the chapter on memory haha. But I agree that this was a very informative part of this class because I definitely don't think that any of us...
  • Commented on This course is more than I thought
    I think that this is a very interesting point. I agree with you that this class definitely taught most of us that psychology is more than just what you think a therapist deals with, it's about understanding how the brain...
  • Commented on Basic Framework of Scientific Thinking
    While I personally did not think that it was the most influential part of this class I do agree with you about them being very important. Especially, causation versus correlation, as it is very prevalent in our society now. I...
  • Posted Cognition to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I think that about of all of the things that I have learned in this past semester and when I do I think that five years from now I will remember the part about cognition. Specifically, the aspect of free...
  • Commented on The Powers of Persuasion
    I think that it is interesting that you use the word vulnerable because if there is one thing that we have learned in this class it's that everyone is affected by these persuasion techniques, even if we don't want to...
  • Commented on I Need to Belong
    I think that the need to belong is an interesting topic if only because it varies so much from person to person. For example, there are people who cannot stand to be alone at all for any length of time...
  • Commented on What Divorce Does to Kids
    I have to say that I totally disagree. I only say this because I think that everyone has such a different experience with their family and divorce that I really think there is no way that you can say that...
  • Commented on Just a fad?
    I think that "positive" psychology is a really interesting concept. Of course people who have a positive outlook are going to be happier. I don't really disagree with that or the idea that if everyone had a positive outlook that...
  • Commented on Facial Expressions and Emotions
    I think that's really interesting because every person tries to look for signs that someone is lying to you because no one likes to be lied to. It is interesting that only about half of the time are physical cues...
  • Commented on It's all about me
    I agree that I have always found this topic interesting. For me, it is mostly because I find it interesting that, like you said, some adults never grow out of that stage. It is interesting to me that some adults...
  • Posted The best parenting styles to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    When you read the textbook it talked about how there are three main parenting types, authoritative, passive, and authoritarian. In the book, it described the three as just right, too soft, and too hard, but my question is whether or...
  • Commented on Violence and Video Games
    I have a similar view on the topic of violence in video games and violence in real life. Logically it is hard to assume that violent video games and images actually cause children to become more violent. Why? Well, think...
  • Commented on And Let There Be Light! Ho Ho Ho
    I thought that this was in interesting post! I think that younger adults have an easier time overcoming functional fixedness because we don't have the resources to be able to buy or obtain something new for every little need we...
  • Commented on Erasing Memories: Is it possible?
    This is a very interesting idea. I think that the problem with erasing memories is that if we erase our memories we lose part of who we are. However I truly do understand that there are some memories that we...
  • Commented on alzheimer's...it happens to the best of us
    I think that you have some really good information in this post. All of my grandfathers had or have memory loss. However, only two of them were from Alzheimer's and it is definitely something that is hard to see happen...
  • Commented on Hot Debate over Autism Diagnosis
    I think that this an interesting point about psychology and other medical diagnoses. I find it interesting that people put such stock in these manuals about what symptoms make up a certain disorder because in reality we all know that...
  • Commented on Get "noticeably different skin!" Or not...
    You make a good point. We all know that when we watch commercials or see ads in magazines that most of the time it's not as perfect as it looks, but for some reason while we are watching that commercial...
  • Commented on Inattentional Blindness
    I think this is an interesting piece, not just because it brings up an interesting insight to how busy we, as a society, are right now, but also because it brings up a good point of how our brain can...
  • Commented on Sidewalk Illusions
    I think this is a perfect illustration of how our perceptions can be easily tricked. I saw one of these when I was in Italy last summer and it really is freaky because it looks so real. The artists' knowledge...
  • Posted Is being a supertaster really 'super'? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2010/05/11/4380014-being-a-supertaster-is-no-piece-of-cake The article above is about the 25% of the population that have a dramatically increased number of taste buds on their tongues. These people are known as supertasters. Now, I, personally, am not a supertaster, but I'm pretty glad...
  • Commented on Nature vs. nurture; is it logical to choose one over the other?
    You make a really good point in this post. The fact that the medical field uses the term predisposed seems to point to your opinion being true because basically they are saying that physically you have the chance of being...
  • Commented on Blog #2: Is red wine really good for your heart??
    This was really interesting because we have all heard the claims that red wine, chocolate, etc. are actually good for you. Of course, everyone always skips over the part about needing to do everything in moderation, but, even if we...
  • Posted Chapter 14: Personality to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Chapter 14 in our textbook is all about personality. The chapter talks about how we can study personality, where our personalities come from, and how you can identify personality traits from behaviors of a person, as well as how their...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from howe0293