hulte014

• Posted DS makeup- Bio & Con to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I am going to try and combine the two sections as best as possible into one plot post to make up for points. Something that I wanted to look more into when I was reading chapter 5 on consciousness, was...
  • Commented on The shaping of are interests
    I had never really thought about it before this class either. It is very interesting how almost anyone can manipulate (or try to) our thoughts. Social psychology is fascinating to me, and I think this would be counted as, or...
  • Commented on The Ability to Cope With Stress
    I really enjoyed learning about stress as well. It was scary to think that it could get that bad at times, but it makes sense. People have breakdowns and rough patches of life that are usually attributed to stress. As...
  • Commented on alzheimer's...it happens to the best of us
    Alzheimer's disease is such a tragic disease. I can somewhat relate (not as well as you) because my grandpa has Dementia. It is not the same as Alzheimer's, but it is similar. He sometimes calls me by my cousin's name,...
  • Commented on Shmorgishborg of Topics
    I found this post very interesting. Everything you picked out as the most interesting, I also found to be the most interesting! Something that I wanted to share about the sense and perception section that I heard about recently, was...
  • Commented on Dev Mozart Effect
    I have heard of the Mozart effect as well. What I have heard mainly about this is having your unborn child listen to it, during development to become more intelligent. Very similar to this type of Mozart effect, there has...
  • Commented on Alcohol vs. Food
    I found this article to be very interesting. I had never thought of comparing the two in deciding which would be healthier, but now that I have read your argument, I think that more emphasis should be put on fast...
  • Commented on Altruism: Inherent or Learned?
    I agree with all that has been said here, to an extent. Before reading this, I thought that there might be some good people out there that generally only want to help others. There may be a small amount of...
  • Commented on Erasing Memories: Is it possible?
    Personally, I would never want to forget parts of my life, no matter how traumatizing they were or how awful it had been to go through. I think it is important to be able to look back on life and...
  • Commented on When do we actually become aware of our conscious?
    This is very interesting to me as well. I hope that there will be a follow-up study on this type of thing, so we can figure out what actually changes when we gain consciousness of ourselves, like you said. I...
  • Commented on Budweiser Advertisement Analysis
    Wow. I knew that a lot of work must have been put into advertising for beer, but I had no idea that that much money was being put into it! In my opinion, the sexual aspect of advertising is getting...
  • Commented on Operant Conditioning to Make My Future Students Successful
    I have heard that often times, many professions encourage students to enroll in a Psychology class for just this reason; being able to deal with others in a work environment. I think for teachers especially, this would be extremely beneficial....
  • Commented on A World of Grays
    I completely agree! We are always looking for a completely "black and white" answer to why people are a certain way, and also why they act a certain way. I was hoping that in taking this class, we would be...
  • Commented on Can certain pills improve our memories?
    I also found this very interesting to read. Many vitamins can improve health, but I had never heard of a vitamin or any type of medicine that could supposedly increase intelligence, until my parents told me about Gingko. They said...
  • Posted Sparked Interest to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    When we were asked to think about the concept that we will remember the most in 5 years, my mind went racing. I have learned so much over the semester! A few things that come to mind are personality differences,...
  • Commented on otnemeM
    I watched this movie last summer, when I didn't know a whole lot about what would be causing him to forget things so quickly. It is really interesting that this man tattoos his body to "remember" what happened. In the...
  • Commented on Liar Liar
    This is so interesting- who would have thought that people could be hiding so much? It is semi-frightening to think that we could be fooled so easily by others, just by not catching small cues. I have heard that even...
  • Posted Beauty: Is it Really in the Eye of the Beholder? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    In our textbook, there is a whole section dedicated to romance and love. There is also a section preceding it that is discussing what starts it all: attraction and beauty. Biologically, we are all attracted to members of the...
  • Commented on It's all about me
    This entry is very interesting, and I have been thinking about this subject quite a bit also since the lecture. I found it odd at first thinking about how children can be egotistical as you also did, but once I...
  • Posted Get Fit, Don't Quit to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVIg7Vu0NeM I decided to research an advertisement on the new Gatorade G Series. These advertisements usually portray professional athletes in their intense workout situations, which generally would make viewers feel more inferior than anything. But this new commercial showed...
  • Commented on Sleepwalking
    It is frightening to think that you really don't have that much control over your own body while you're asleep. I have always been very interested in this type of thing. One of my good friends would not only sleepwalk,...
  • Commented on Environment or Genetics? The ADHD conflict continues
    I have a lot of different thoughts about this article. I think parenting styles do have a great deal of impact, but I also think that genetics and nutrition have a lot to do with it as well. Our generation...
  • Posted Blog #1 Psychological Disorders- Have We Really Come All That Far? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    When being assigned to read this chapter, I was confused at first. Shouldn't we start at the beginning of the book, and move on from there? But then I realized that psychologists appreciate well-rounded individuals, and I think that learning...
  • Posted Blog #1 Psychological Disorders- Have We Really Come All That Far? to Blog #1 Psychological Disorders
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from hulte014