khan0444

• Posted Fundamental Attribution Error vs Culture to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I believe what I will remember most from Psychology is the Fundamental Attribution Error. It is not because it was any more interesting that anything else, almost everything I learned is memorable, but I have been able to apply the...
  • Posted Blog 3: Beauty in Different Cultures to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that is before I read about physical attraction in the psychology textbook. We "judge books by their covers" and this is shown through research and science. We also are...
  • Commented on The Powers of Persuasion
    I also believe that persuasion is dangerously powerful. I did not know of these techniques until psychology. And I am surprise that many people fall for them. I believe it is because both of these techniques play on people's emotions....
  • Commented on I Need to Belong
    I have gone through the same thing. At first I did not know what was going on. It was the first time in my life that I have had a single room, and at first I was thrilled about it....
  • Commented on What will stick with me
    I found this terrifying. I thought that humans would have more free will. I would have never imagined that people would hurt other people because of pressure from an authority figure. Normally I doubt that people would go that far...
  • Commented on Final blog--empathy and better decision making.
    Empathy is a great thing and I believe that it is wonderful that we can do it. I personally believe that empathy allows us to develop stronger and deeper relationships than any other species. And I also feel the same...
  • Commented on Sparked Interest
    I completely agree with you. This class was enlightening. I also loved that we covered the similarities and differences of different countries. I am from an Asian background and I completely agree that the perspectives from the East and the...
  • Commented on What I will remember
    I agree. That chapter was very helpful. I liked how it emphasized that everyone experiences stress, but many of us can recover from it. It says that we are resilient. That made me hopeful. I too have a lot of...
  • Commented on Operant Conditioning to Make My Future Students Successful
    My math teacher also did something similar to this. We would receive a full roll of starburst if we answered a question. And of course there was more and more participation from the students. I also had a substitute teacher...
  • Commented on What I will remember about Psych
    Memory was very fascinating. I feel like in some sense we knew that there were steps in making memories, although we just did not know how to explain it. It is like the paradox of expertise, our mind knew how...
  • Commented on What i Will remember in 5 years
    I love your mindset of the world. I found it interesting that I did not notice the little acts of kindness (prosocial behavior) until after I learned about it in psychology. Maybe it was inattentional blindness and I just did...
  • Commented on The Importance of Understanding Personality
    The Big 5 was really interesting. Personalities are very simple when using the big 5, but that could be a disadvantage too. I believe that humans are very flexible in their thinking. Like in social psychology, people respond differently based...
  • Commented on Responsibility diffusion on metro transit
    I too often take the city buses and I see this happen all the time. It is disappointing. What I find very interesting is how sometimes you can catch those sitting in the front seats (meant for the elders and...
  • Commented on Entry #3 "Hurry Up and Wait"
    I do see that the "hurry and wait" strategy is used in many types of businesses in the United States. I feel like America is a very profit and production ideal country, supporting the lecture that said that American are...
  • Commented on Game show winners are not as smart as we think
    I agree. Jeopardy is only a trivia game. It does not show overall thinking ability therefore is not an intelligence test. It is however a interesting games so. I can understand why some believe that the people on Jeopardy are...
  • Commented on What happens when we go to sleep?
    This is so interesting. I felt like you're brain is more active and more channels would be open when you are asleep because almost everything can be possible in dream. (I am a very big fan of INCEPTION!!) I would...
  • Commented on Get "noticeably different skin!" Or not...
    Well if we put it that way, it is not necessarily the product that is catching their attention. I believe that it is just good advertising, they have a product that they want to sell and to sell they have...
  • Commented on Got Sleep?
    This remarkable. People would get so much accomplish if they did not have to sleep. I wish I could change my sleep cycle to a polyphasic sleep cycle. I have also heard that some people do not actually have to...
  • Commented on Sidewalk Illusions
    I love pictures like this too. In my high school art class, I also have tried to create 3-D drawing and have learned that it is 3-D in only in one perspective. In other perspectives it is distorted. This reminds...
  • Commented on Is being a supertaster really 'super'?
    I was also thinking that I could be because of adaptation. But I do find it to be a surprise that people have more taste buds. I would have thought that humans lose taste buds over generations because as generations...
  • Posted When are we aware that we are self aware? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    When do we become aware of self? The short answer to this question is that: We become self aware around 18-24 months. This was concluded from the mirror self recognition test with babies from the "Secrets of You" video. Unfortunately...
  • Commented on The Existence of Lobotomy in Society
    I was also intrigued by the idea of lobotomies. It sounds so absurd, especially in this time of day when we have the technology to accurately see the direct effect it has on the brain. The problem was that doctors...
  • Commented on Blog #2: Is red wine really good for your heart??
    Yes, I believe that this was very interesting as well. It shows you that the media can use statistics and generalizations, essentially fallacies to make people believe what the media wants them to. The media manipulates the data to only...
  • Posted Blog #1: Chapter 2 Research Methods to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    This chapter is about the importance of using research methods based on scientific thinking to insure that the experiment designs and research are beneficial, valid and ethical. I find that everything if this chapter is useful because it is the...
  • Posted Blog #1: Chapter 2 Research Methods to Mai See Khang
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from khan0444