nard0030

• Commented on Personality is forever...
    I like your last sentence a lot. I find it to be the case with every class I take. There will be a few sections where I am highly motivated to learn about them and those sections come exponentially easier...
  • Commented on Everyone is different
    I was in the same boat in our discussion section. We were the high extroversion and low conscientious. We ended up running out of time because we were all busy trying to make it the most open ended vacation and...
  • Commented on What I will remember about Psych
    I agree, it is fascinating how much capacity the human brain actually has. I also find it interesting to think about the possibility that one day we will be able to use our brains to 100% capacity and that would...
  • Commented on What i Will remember in 5 years
    I would tend to agree. When I hold the door open for someone it makes me feel like I might have possibly made their day a bit better and vice versa. When someone holds the door open for me I...
  • Commented on What I will remember not to forget
    I agree, especially when it come to those iffy advertisements. I was able to know that they were not being 100% truthful but the chapter on extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence really solidified those notions....
  • Commented on Easy to change your attitude?
    I do believe that it is possible to change attitudes, however it is not an overnight process. The fact that they have been ingrained into your personality and everyday life make it that much harder to change something that has...
  • Commented on Altruism: Inherent or Learned?
    I believe that altruism is very subjective. For one because even though you you may have good intentions at heart you still feel good for helping people so subconsciously your reward system is stimulating making you more likely to do...
  • Commented on The Powers of Persuasion
    I also would consider myself as persuasive and it is a double edged sword. I find that sometimes I end up bending the truth slightly to manipulate someone in to doing what I want. I also find myself telling people...
  • Commented on I Need to Belong
    I agree completely with this blog. Another thing I have noticed is that the negative feedback is potentiated when looking through people's facebook photos from a party someone was not invited too. They feel worse that they see how much...
  • Commented on IQ testing as a measure of job performance
    This is a very controversial topic. My first argument for why it should not be used as the primary determining factor would be the lack of ability to measure experience. You can be the most brilliant person in the world...
  • Commented on Wait...how did it happen again?
    I have a similar experience, however not involving injury. My parents have told a story about how I sneezed while my grandma was feeding me sweet potatoes and it got all over her and the wall. I feel like I...
  • Commented on alzheimer's...it happens to the best of us
    In my opinion geriatric onset diseases and mental deterioration are a very scary concept. Especially since we have yet to pinpoint the cause for certainty. Dementia is also a scary thought because the person is sometimes unable to take care...
  • Commented on Erasing Memories: Is it possible?
    Personally I would not. Life is not an easy process and both the mistakes and difficulties that each of us have gone through, throughout our lives make us who we are today. However, it would be interesting to see what...
  • Commented on Double Trouble
    I think that how you learn is less important than at what age you start learning and how your ability to learn new things all factor in. Obviously, the younger one is when they start learning the more likely and...
  • Commented on When do we actually become aware of our conscious?
    Self-awareness is a very abstract concept in my opinion. What makes it more compelling is the fact that no one can remember the first time when you became self-aware. It would be interesting to see what was actually going through...
  • Commented on Ch 11: Emotions and Motivation
    I believe that happiness is a very subjective concept especially when trying to systematically measure it. I consider myself a very happy person, yet there are sometimes when I am in a foul mood and am miserable. I am in...
  • Commented on Chapter 5
    I find that hallucinations were much more common in my early years and especially at night. I consider myself to have an active imagination so when it would get dark my mind would start racing and figures, shapes and other...
  • Commented on Chapter 10 Human development
    I would tend to agree with you, specifically with the part about your brother and you. Me and my sister are the same way. Myself, being 3 years older and being raised an only child for 3 years I am...
  • Commented on Blog #1 Psychological Disorders- Have We Really Come All That Far?
    You bring up a great point, discrimination in today's society could be considered one of the biggest problems that people face everyday. Although sometimes it is not consciously done by the individual because, in high school especially, there are people...
  • Commented on What I will remember
    I agree, I think anything that doesn't present with visible symptoms sometimes gets labeled as "It's all in your head" and I completely disagree with that notion....
  • Posted 3 Point Make-up Soc, Dev, Con. to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    There is not a great way to incorporate the three chapters for 3 make up points so I will just segue as best as I can. First talking about consciousness, one of the things that I find most fascinating is...
  • Posted What will stick with me to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    What shocked me the most were the conformity section and the shock test (Pun intended). Most people would say they are not influenced by others but through these studies, are clearly lying. What's more, the fact that people of authority...
  • Posted Violence and Video Games to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Ever since discussion on Thursday, the topic we talked about, "Does television have an impact on a child's behavior in a negative way," has been bothering me. This is something that irks me a good deal. Watching violent television shows...
  • Posted Pin The Blame on Vaccinations to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Andrew Nardi Vaccines and Autism I would just like to start out by saying this claim is preposterous. The articles that do show a correlation between early life vaccinations and ASD (autism spectrum disorders) are sparse at best. Proponents of...
  • Posted Chapter 5 to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Chapter 5 deals mostly with conscious states of being. They talked about Sleeping, Dreaming and they also touched upon Drugs and their effect on us. I guess what struck home the most for me, in this chapter, was the section...
  • Posted Blog #1 Chapter 5 to Blog #1 Chapter 5
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from nard0030