quinn318

• Posted Memory to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Memory is one of the greatest mysteries still to us. The full capacity of the human brain is something that humans do not use. We just a small fraction of its full potential. To think about what we could do...
  • Commented on Sparked Interest
    To me, knowing and understanding people and the reasons and the ways in which they are different, are things that must be explored and learned first hand. I feel it would be much harder to read it from a book....
  • Commented on Learning About What to Ignore
    Before this class, I thought I was good at deciphering what was crap and what was the truth. After taking this class I have only honed in on my "bs" radar and it is going to help me in the...
  • Commented on Final blog--empathy and better decision making.
    Empathy is something that I feel many people lack. While most people have different opinions than the next, I feel it is very important to be able to, as you said, look through their eyes. At a place like the...
  • Commented on Learning about yourself in class!
    Personality was the most interesting to me as well. I am outspoken and extroverted when I want to be, but I really enjoy sitting back and allowing others to act. I love to observe people and how they were and...
  • Commented on What I will remember
    I can completely relate to you. I have a lot of stress caused by multiple things. It can be hard to cope and understand what stress and anxiety is. The knowledge that I learned about stress will also be something...
  • Commented on Final Blog Post: Remembering Psychology
    I would absolutely agree with your post. Memory is something that people don't really know about until they learn about it, and then they never forget. Personally, I would remember personalities a bit better but that is just because I...
  • Posted Personality is forever... to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    The thing that I will remember most from this psychology class, will be the emphasis and time spent on personality. Everyone is different in some way, and that is what I have always found so interesting. Why people do what...
  • Commented on Unconsciously Immoral?
    I think you are misinterpreting what Freud is saying. The ID is simply a part of the brain that is our instinctive and natural urges. If we were more uncivilized, these urges would come out. I think to say that...
  • Commented on Does nothing really taste as good as skinny looks?
    I guess taking into effect the definition of an eating disorder is eating either too much or too little than your body needs to survive, then most people would have an eating disorder of some type. Especially in America where...
  • Posted The Powers of Persuasion to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I have always thought of myself as a rather persuasive person; that is, when I need to be. I don't find it necessary to always get what you want and I see the value in everyone doing there own thing....
  • Commented on What Divorce Does to Kids
    I agree with that you stated. My parents have been divorced since before I can even remember. It has always been my norm to have two separate houses, two holidays, and two separate sides of the family. They never cross,...
  • Commented on Homosexuals; should they be allowed to donate blood?
    This is just one more case of discrimination against homosexuals. There is no proof or evidence that a homosexual's blood is tainted more than any heterosexual male. This is discrimination and should be changed. However, it will not be changed...
  • Commented on Homework v. Social and problem solving
    This is an interesting dilemma. However, I feel that determining the severity of the friends problem is crucial. Sometimes people make a big deal over nothing and in that case, it is important to be selfish and worry about what...
  • Commented on Moral Dilemmas
    Moral Dilemmas are very interesting to think about and situations like these, I don't believe, happen in real life very often. However, working through the scenario in your head is a healthy intellectual exercise. I believe that when faced with...
  • Commented on Can Alzheimer's be Prevented?
    Alzheimer's is a serious and scary disease that does in fact affect many people and their entire family. My grandfather is showing symptoms of early stages of dementia and it is a scary thing to see happen. I hope that...
  • Commented on You can train a fish?
    This was interesting to read. I never thought fish could be trained or "shaped" because of the physical size of their brains. They are not big and I thought, from past tests, that their brains were so small that they...
  • Posted Wait...how did it happen again? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    When I was four years old I was playing in the backyard with my neighborhood friends. It was a normal warm, summer night. We had just had some family and friends over to grill out and when they started to...
  • Commented on Get "noticeably different skin!" Or not...
    This is a very true statement. When you look at ads like these, it is easy to want the product and get sucked in quickly. When you look at the active ingredients in Proactive, it is nothing special. There are...
  • Commented on When I count to ten, you will bark like a dog
    I have never believed in hypnosis, at least the whole "when i snap my fingers, you will waddle around and quack like a duck". I believe that in a relaxed state, there are things that can be done to people's...
  • Commented on TURN THAT OFF!
    I hated when people used to do that in high school. They would sit there with an app on their iPods that would produce this god awful sound. Nobody besides the students were able to hear it and I always...
  • Commented on Sidewalk Illusions
    This drawing is amazing. I love going to chalk festivals in my home town and seeing just what incredible pieces of art people can draw. It show how images and our perception can be tricked into thinking something is one...
  • Commented on Raising a Child Gender-Neutrally: Can it work?
    This is an incredibly interesting post, mainly because I had never heard of this before and think it is very interesting. I have the same reservations as you do. I think that as this child grows up and realizes what...
  • Commented on Pin The Blame on Vaccinations
    This is a topic that has come up many times in my family. It has not necessarily been about the correlation between autism and vaccines, but there are members in my family that basically think vaccines are of the devil...
  • Posted Blog #1: Chapter 8: Language, Thinking, and Reasoning to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Chapter 8 discusses the intricacies and the importance of language and how it develops. It then goes on to discuss how people think and reason. Language is something that is often over rated for many people. We take for granted...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from quinn318