xuxxx784

• Posted Way to Happiness to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    I am interested to positive psychology, so I want to write about researches on positive psychology. Positive psychology focuses on human strengths and help people live better lives. One of popular Harvard open courses is Positive Psychology and I like...
  • Posted Kitty or Tiger? to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    From our textbook, there are three major parenting styles: permissive, authoritarian and authoritative. Permissive parents give their children almost absolute freedom and praise children very often. Authoritarian parents are extremely strict with their children, punish them frequently and barely praise...
  • Commented on Mood disorders
    I don't think mood disorders are specific enough, and they are not as severe as many disorders. I think I agree with you that mood disorders are sometimes defense mechanisms. I believe there are other explanations....
  • Commented on When do we actually become aware of our conscious?
    I think the process that we become aware of ourselves must be really interesting. I was wondering why my dog can't recognize itself when I forced it to be in front of a mirror. It either wasn't paying attention or...
  • Commented on What is love? Baby don't hurt me...
    I was so surprised that they could categorize. I don't think every relationship can fall into exactly one category. Maybe it can be somewhere in between romantic love and fatuous love, or romantic love and compassionate love. It is so...
  • Commented on The Psychology of Female and Male
    I completely agree with you that the concepts of males and females are interesting. I do think women are looking for men with more money, which means they can provide better life standard. Men are seeking women who are beautiful...
  • Commented on Teaching an Old Dog New Tricks
    I enjoyed learning conditioning, even though I found it hard to understand at the beginning. It gives me the explanations of things happened to my dog. Every time my dad was going to walk the dog, he took the leash...
  • Commented on Everyone is different
    I think the personality discussion is the best of this whole semester. When I was doing the questionnaire, I knew it was about extroversion and consciousness. But I was so surprised by the differences of each group. I was in...
  • Commented on Basic Framework of Scientific Thinking
    I am so excited to read this! I actually wrote the same thing! I know scientific thinking frameworks are boring for almost all of us. But they can be applied to people's daily lives. Learning them is the most critical...
  • Commented on Memory: What happens when we reconstruct our past?
    I still can't believe things like Paul's case actually happened. There was no evidence that pointing to Paul. The suggestive questioning was no different with torturing him to make him confess. My dad once told me my mom cried after...
  • Posted Cultures and Psychiatric Diagnoses to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    According to our textbook, some psychological disorders are specific to certain cultures. For example, amok is usually found out in Malaysia, the Philippines, and some African countries. Also, even confronting with the same disease, people from western and eastern countries...
  • Posted Scientific Thinking Principles and Social Influence to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    It may sound boring that the concepts that I think I will remember from PSY 1001 are scientific thinking principles. They run through the whole book and remind me thinking in a critical way at all times. Even the major...
  • Commented on Chapter 11 - Intelligence
    I like your topic. I was thinking the same thing when I read the textbook. People in my home country and many other east Asian countries, such as Japan and Korea, generally prefer lighter skin. After I came back from...
  • Posted You just can't be as smart as your sisters and brothers to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Birth order seems to be a universally interesting topic. People tend to believe that firstborns are smaller, youngest siblings are much more likely to depend on others, those in between are mediocrities, and the only children are selfish. In my...
  • Commented on Kids ability to percieve
    I like the video. It is always better for me to understand if there is a video showing the whole process. It is so interesting that you did the experiment on your little brother. I am not sure time is...
  • Commented on Moral Dilemmas
    Moral dilemma is an interesting topic and I like your analysis. I have no idea what I would do with your example. There is clearly no right or wrong answers. I think most of the times it is not a...
  • Commented on Killer Math Problems
    I think I always encounter similar problems when I am trying to solve problems of my calc2 class this semester. I have particular difficulty in generating alternatives. Also, I become anxious when problems always need to be solved with another...
  • Commented on thinking and verbal communication
    Personally, I agree with you. I am sure that I think and behave differently switch from my native language to English. I use more honorifics with older people when I speak Chinese and I feel closer to older people by...
  • Commented on Researchers Implant False Memories
    I am interested in this concept too, even though I cannot think of an example from myself. My dad once told me my mom cried at the first sight she saw me. He was pretty sure my mom was very...
  • Commented on Erasing Memories: Is it possible?
    I do have some terrible experience that I wish I could forget. But I don't think anything I went through before was so bad and I had to take the drug. Perhaps I will feel my life is incomplete if...
  • Commented on Is this the first time you've seen this?
    I think Deja Vu happened to me several times. I felt like I had a similar dream about graduation when I was in graduation ceremony. Perhaps that's because I imagined the day of graduation many times. Some researchers did researches...
  • Commented on You Said What?
    I like your article. I agree with you that being a bilingual makes me explore more sources and meet various people. Immersion is indeed the best way to learn a new language and I feel I make much progress in...
  • Posted Sorry, I don't speak English. to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    It is estimated that there are over six thousand languages in the world. Despite the fact that English is the most popular one around the world, English speakers have trouble communicating with local people in many countries. Learning one or...
  • Commented on Is It Really Your Decision?
    The writing gives rise to an interesting topic. Despite the fact that I think decision making is a process contributed by both consciousness and unconsciousness, I don’t think committing a crime is an unconscious activity. The reason people make wrong...
  • Commented on The Boy with Cat Eyes
    Nong’s ability of being able to see in the dark seems to be a cool superpower. Yet at the same time he has to suffer from bright sunlight, which would be miserable. I do not understand the reason he has...
  • Commented on Gender Neutral - Sasha Laxton Defies Stereotypes
    It is so bald for Sasha’s parents to raise him without gender stereotypes. An obvious phenomenon is that females are supposed to do more housework while males usually gain high salaries and have relatively higher social status. Even though women...
  • Posted Chapter 4: Extrasensory Perception to Psy 1001 section 16 & 17 Spring 2012
    Chapter 4 is about sensation and perception. Here is an interesting concept called extrasensory perception (ESP). According to the textbook, extrasensory perception is divided into three types, which are precognition, telepathy and clairvoyance. Precognition is an ability to predict what...
  • Posted Chapter 4: Extrasensory Perception to Chapter 4: Extrasensory Perception
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from xuxxx784