yanxx144

• Commented on Sex, Sensuality and Salad
    It is so interesting to read this post, especially your list of unconditioned stimulus, conditioned stimulus, unconditioned response, and conditioned response. In the world of advertisement, it well explained why business people never regret to invest atronomical numbers to make...
  • Commented on Emotions and the Force that Drives Us
    Thanks for mentioning the personal space. Thinking in this aspect, I just realized how it can be used to fit me into. It is imporant to know about myself from a different angle. It is really interesting how I subcontiouslly...
  • Commented on Small Brain = Lots of Learning
    It is really one of the most fantastic post and video clip I have been exposed to. Additionally, what make me more interest is the message of group work/ group dynamics underlying the "bridge". I am wondering if smarter people...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's: the greatest heartbreaker
    It is so nice of you to perceive the pain for those who are suffering or who would potentially suffer Alzheimer's in their life. Though things happen beyond the magic of science and medical care, it is up to people...
  • Commented on Speak up, please!
    I really like this post. I'm an international student from China and have been immersed in the crosscutural communication on daily basis for more than three years, I did find how magical the concept of thinking and laugagr are linked...
  • Commented on Personality: Not What I Once Thought
    I could not agee more with your insights regarding to the concept of personality tratis. Though I'm different from my parents in many aspects before college when I was living with them, studying abroad on my own I gradually realized...
  • Commented on 5 years from now...
    Classical conditioning is the legacy from the previous scientists who had committed their lives to make the theory meaningful. They gave us a chance to change the world by sharing our common humanity with each other and to help those...
  • Commented on Common Sense
    It is awesome to see you mentioned " think twice" in this post. To me, thinking twice is one of the most basic factors of critical thinking. It is OK of being sometimes indecisive at this point of age/life. As...
  • Commented on Mind Power
    I think that is also something I need to practice in the next five years, not only for my profession, but also for my own life, and my self-recognition living in a country of being a newcomer. Brain is power...
  • Commented on Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    That is true. Culture, society, and media always play crucial rule shaping the ideas and standards of beauty generally. However, each individual is different in terms personality, living habit, as well as preference for color, shape, and flavor. It is...
  • Commented on Obesity: It's our society's fault
    Exactly. What I do want to add here, in addition to the common things you have extensively pointed out, is college cafeteria. People tend to eat more than they really need (70% full or so) in a buffet style restaurant...
  • Commented on OCEAN
    Big five seems to be very true after we were grouped in the discussion . I was so happy to find out that I belong to the group that is the mostly like to excel in leadership. Looking back to...
  • Commented on Reinforcing for the Future
    I totally agree. What is the most important concepts to me is also the ones that I would apply to my own life and to the community and the people I'm concerned about the most. The concept of positive and...
  • Commented on I will not give in!
    It is great that you mentioned again about conformity in the last entry. Nowadays people in this country as well as other fast growing countries like China have been facing huge pressure and have been re-evaluate their original believes and...
  • Commented on My Memory of Running Away?
    I had the same experience as well. I remember clearly when I was five I jumped on top of my dad's belly as a way to work out. I even could tell my dad was smiling and looked so not...
  • Commented on Dream On
    It is a very interesting topic to me as well. I have been wondering if dreams are links between the world outside and the world within each individual so that psychologists are able to take the advantage of these invisible...
  • Posted what will bring to me in the next five years to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Watching the video clip of the anorexia model shared in the psychology discussion, I suddently realized the reflection of myself. I grow up in an international city with East Asian cultures where significant number of girls tried to keep their...
  • Commented on Drug Addiction Hits Home
    I do believe more studies based on economic from different cultures are needed to make the cause and effect clearer. I grew up in an international city and my apartment is very close to the central business district. It is...
  • Commented on Family Dynamics
    This is an interesting topic followed by critical discussions with persuasive examples. I totally agree. Families are first classes to most people. However, families are not instinct factors to decide everyone's path and are only a part of environmental factors...
  • Posted Global Conversation with a Whole Brain Approach to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    It has been observed that Eastern cultures demonstrate a more holistic cognitive style, whereas Western cultures exhibit a more analytic cognitive style. What stroke me the most was the further examination of brain's development based on analytic-holistic thinking. Results clearly...
  • Commented on Is that Post-Workout Protein Shake really helping?
    Great points! I am not a dieter, but I have been reviewed very many articles regarding to this idea. Research did prove the short term effects by taking this drink for weight loss. However, protein over-intake will result in kidney...
  • Commented on Why is she so attractive? It's called Photoshop......
    Beauty is power and is part of self-esteem in today's society. However, the body images modified by the advanced technology frequently presented by the media have brought the halo effect to the audience, which finally rooted in today's standard of...
  • Posted Is low-carb, high-protein diets a way to slow tumor growth? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    link1: link2: liink3:http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/cardiovascular-disease-lowcarb-highprotein-diet-increases-risk-of-death-from-all-causes.html Recent findings, published by British Columbia Cancer Research Centre, have suggested a low carbohydrate diet can not only restrict weight gain but also cancer development and progression in genetically engineered mouse models. The idea was that cancer...
  • Posted Genetic Pathways and Anxiety to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Chapter 15-p-sychological disorders is my favorite chapter. The chapter carried out in-depth discussion of different kinds of disorders among various age and cultural backgrounds in general. What I found the most interesting is the underlying genetic pathway for many kinds...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from yanxx144

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page