stewa702

• Commented on I will not give in!
    Social psychology is a very unique way of looking at psychology. When I first thought about psychology I never really though about the differences between people and why certain people are friends with who. After this class I find it...
  • Commented on Psychological Aspect of Conformity
    It is weird to think how many people do conform. Even, in my own life I think about how many times I conform. I know for a fact that I would turn if everyone on the elevator if every one...
  • Commented on You Look So Good in Those Genes
    This article reminded me off the Eugenics movement. I know that the University of Minnesota was one of the leading universities in research for the Eugenics movement. Even though it has such a negative look now it was a huge...
  • Commented on Double Eyelids, Beautiful?
    This blog brings up interesting ideas. I never really thought that other countries found different things beautiful. It does make sense however, that they find different things attractive because their ethnic look is different then ours. In your example, I...
  • Commented on The Tapeworm Diet: because why isn't this a good idea?
    I have heard of people using tapeworms before, but I never really have thought people actually would use them. Let alone I never though science articles would be written about how it is effective, until I researched it more. I...
  • Commented on Minnesota Nice: The Altruism State
    I do believe in Minnesota Nice, but I think the stereotype should be given to the whole Midwest. I never really thought of the saying being altruistic before. Even more, I never really thought of people as doing things for...
  • Commented on Love to Work Out
    I believe that working in groups is helpful with trying to achieve a goal. I do disagree that working in groups is always a performance enhancer though. I do agree it can hold people accountable to do a task because...
  • Commented on From Psych to Dating
    I agree, this is an important concept. This will help in every future relationship. It will also make me think why I like the people I like. I never thought that reciprocity was a reason I would like someone. After...
  • Posted The Big 5 to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Five years from now I think the concept I will remember the most is the Big 5 personality characteristics. These 5 traits I think can describe everyone so well that it is important to know what type everyone is. When...
  • Commented on The Body [R]evolution
    This message is one every girl and boy should listen to. I know that magazines enhance certain characteristics, but I did not know it was this drastic. If I think about even my friends will edit pictures before they put...
  • Posted Do well on the SAT or you're out of luck? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    The SAT is the most used college acceptance test in the United States. Colleges use the test to test the student's ability to abstract think. Colleges are relying on Binet and Simon's theory that intelligence results from the ability to...
  • Commented on Give me food and water
    I do not believe there is a thing as to much of an attachment. Kids getting spoiled is a result from a parent thinking they are not good enough and compensating in giving. This can make the child feel like...
  • Commented on Problem Solving: A Somewhat Tricky Task
    I found this task interesting. I naturally only tried staring with a diagonal line. It never produced the right answer, therefore I got frustrated. I never thought that my method was wrong. Once I read the blog I noticed that...
  • Commented on Sweet and Spice and Everything Nice!
    I agree, there is not just one factor in how someone's personality develops. I think if may be harder for children who attached to their parents as a whole instead of two separate people. I think this because if children...
  • Commented on Memory Causing Movies to go 'Overboard'
    I never really thought that our perceptions of not knowing what really causes memory loss make it ideal for movies to target. I always just thought that when producers are thinking about movies they think of memory loss because it...
  • Commented on 3D Sounds
    This is video amazed me. At first I did not believe that my mind would fall for this trick until I watched the video. I actually believed all these sounds were happening in real life and I wanted to look...
  • Commented on When I Say Three, You Will Be A...
    I never really thought that people were chosen to be hypnotized by how they acted. Actually, I never even thought people really acted different in the crowd. It is amazing how much the hypnotist took in from their environment. They...
  • Posted Sleep and Learn to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Many people believe it is possible to learn while you are sleeping. However, research has proven it false. Because correlation does not always mean causation it is hard to prove if people are actually asleep when they are "learning." One...
  • Commented on Hypnotic Psychology?
    When I think of people who are getting hypnotized I always used to think it was "magic" instead of as a science. That is why I figured people who got hypnotized just believed in a placebo. It was surprising for...
  • Commented on Sleep...how much is enough?
    I feel like I have the same problem as you do. The only difference is my "clock" changes within me and not between someone else. During the school year I feel like I need more sleep (around 8 hours) in...
  • Commented on Mind Your Step or Mind Your Eyes?
    I think this illusion is so cool, it gets me every time. It is weird how our eyes can only see 2D but yet our brain allows us to see 3D. Since the chalk is only 2D our brain is...
  • Commented on How much should you work out in a week?
    This blog brought up a good point that minimal exercise will not cut it to lose weight. I do believe that weight loss is hard to narrow down to a specific guideline because so many people have different views about...
    This illusion gets me every time. It is so unique to know that our brain sees a cliff, which is depth perception, but in reality it is 2D. So in a way our brain is doing more work then it...
  • Posted Chapter 3 Blog #1 by Nicole to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Being a genetic and cell development major, it is natural that chapter 3 on Biology Psychology will be the most interesting chapter in the book. As I took a closer look into the chapter the main objectives were the basic...
  • Commented on A Thousand-Mile Walk to the Gulf - John Muir: chapter 1; "Why Walk?" - Colin Fletcher; "Ultralight in the Nation's Icebox" - A. Skurka
    I found the reading on Why Walk the most interesting one because Fletcher made walking relatable to me. He thinks that walking is addicting because we should do it to clear our mind and enjoy the little things in life....
  • Commented on "Choices" - David Nye
    In the article "Choices" by David Nye he argued that we get to choose how energy is used and our dependence on it. I think that as industrialization occurred it was obvious that our need of energy would increase. I...
  • Commented on Introduction" - Michael Pollan; Can We feed the World & Sustain the World? - J. Foley
    Michael Pollan's article on corn I found really fascinating. I never thought how much corn we really consume and use in our daily lives. I used to think that corn was only used whenever I ate corn or got E-85...
  • Commented on "Introduction: At the Limit of Form" - Amanda Boetzkes
    In the reading Amanda Boetzkes tries to explain that human and nature should be intertwined instead of how it is in present times. RIght now humans dominate over nature. Boetzkes shows that artists go to nature in order to find...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from stewa702

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page