dothx005

• Commented on An Internet disguise
    I also thought this was an ad to aware us of the dangers of interacting and meeting strangers on the internet. However, after my initial reaction I see how the advertisers used specific tactics in their favor. The strategic placement...
  • Commented on Love the Way You Lie
    I definitely would not claim to have any telepathic abilities to know what someone was thinking or to read anyone's mind. However, I have always been a person overly in-tune with my surroundings which I think plays in my role...
  • Commented on "Just trying to fit in..."
    I am almost sure that everyone in their lifetime have one way or another had that feeling. The want to just feel accepted by our peers even if that meant changing how we dress or speak. The pressure to fit...
  • Commented on OCEAN
    I also find the concept of the BIG 5 interesting. What I find even more interesting is how it works in families. You would assume that a trait would trail from family member to family member due to the nature...
  • Commented on When I Say Three, You Will Be A...
    It was not until senior year that I saw a hypnotist perform live right in front of my eyes. I have never seen anything like it which led me to be quite skeptical about the whole ordeal. Could someone really...
  • Commented on Mosquito Buzz
    This reminds me of my freshman year of high school. We were sitting in our JROTC class when this obnoxious high-pitched buzz came storming into the open windows. With the exception of our Major who is, well-- lets just say...
  • Commented on Spiders, Snakes, Death, or All of the Above?
    This reminds me of the moment that triggered my slight phobia of dogs. It did not matter large, small, furry or spotted—I feared them all. I do not ever recall ever having a problem with dog but I do not...
  • Commented on Ever have that weird, déjà vu, feeling?
    I found this chapter particularly of interest. Ever since I could remember, my mother would have an interpretation for every weird and trippy dream to every scary and frightful nightmare. Coming from a cultural background that often praises dreams as...
  • Commented on Wine-Common Sense
    A great point you brought up! I agree that we all should be a little more careful before believing what is being said in the media. We should not always trust the sources as we should know by now correlation...
  • Commented on Miracle Diets Require..... Miracles? Blog #2
    Unfortunately, we tend to lean (no pun intended) to any quick fix that promises weight loss without much effort. Being that America is considered one of the fattest countries in the world, it’s no surprise to me that there are...
  • Commented on Emily Stasel Assignment 1 - Am I Recreating the Past?
    You bring up an interesting point-- can we really count on our recollections and memories to be as accurate as we recall them? Why can we or can we not? We saw how memories can be altered and even falsely...
  • Posted 5 years from now... to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    This will be our very last blog entry for PSY 1001 and I must admit, it is a bit heartbreaking to know that the school year is almost to its end (which means I am that much closer to having...
  • Commented on "I Work Out!"
    I find this to be very interesting. Competition and not wanting to look "weak" can definitely correlate with how much effort is put into their performance when in a group setting. However, I believe that who that person may be...
  • Posted "The Big Five" & "Nature-Nuture" to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    The Big Five are five traits that have surfaced repeatedly in factor analysis of personality measures. The five dimensions of the Big Five are openness to experience, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism. Everyone supposedly carries an extent to all these...
  • Commented on Double Eyelids, Beautiful?
    I think it is safe to say that just about everyone has their own idea and thoughts of what beauty is "suppose" to be. What is ideal and what is not, totally depends on the person and what they believe...
  • Commented on Unborn Baby Geniuses
    I have to agree that reading or playing music to children in the womb does not exactly increase their intelligence. Like you said, it may only be recognized as a sound which may raise a feeling in the child. However,...
  • Commented on Give me food and water
    I agree with the previous comment in that attachment may change within one's relationship over a period of time. It may get stronger or weaker due to many influential factors, physically and emotionally. The actual physical absence between two people...
  • Commented on SleepWalking-Valid Arguement in Trial
    I for one think that murder is murder regardless if the person has claimed that it was done under sleepwalking. Why should anyone be considered innocent if they have clearly commited the action of violence and murder of another being?...
  • Commented on Monkey Say, Monkey Do?
    This reminds me of the "Waggle Dance" that honeybee's, as some have suggested, use as a form of communication. By means of the waggle dance a bee communicates to its hive-mates in which direction they must fly to reach a...
  • Commented on take another look
    Unlike many of the comments before me, initially I did not see the illusion. On my first take, I assumed that it was just that, some sort of chalk graffiti on the ground, a woman way back on the ground...
  • Posted Knock, Knock. Is anyone here? - Conscious Awareness to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    When someone is asked a question, one usually responds back either verbally with spoken words or physically with a gesture such as a head nod. In as sense, if someone says "hi" back to a greeting or gives us a...
  • Commented on Sleep...how much is enough?
    I can completely agree with you in that I feel much more worn-out if I sleep more than 6 hours on a given night. One would think the more sleep that one gets the more active and energetic they feel...
  • Commented on Your Choice? Or Mine?
    I definitely agree with your statement. Though genetics can play a part in how we act and behave, I too believe that our environment, who we were raised by and how we were raised, has an even stronger impact on...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from dothx005

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page