bedo0028

• Commented on It's you, not me
    Beauty is not unified across all cultures at all. I think this is actually a very good thing though. It shows that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so to say. This keeps people and countries and culture...
  • Commented on You Look So Good in Those Genes
    This is a very intriguing post. It is really weird to think that just years ago scientists have come so far throughout history. I don't know how far these scientists can go, but it is almost fascinating that they have...
  • Commented on Is IQ Everything?
    IQ is 100% NOT everything. IQ can be sort of a predictor of future performance, either in jobs or in academic life. I believe that is should not be too included within the hiring process. SO many other things have...
  • Commented on Question everything...
    I definitely agree with this blog post! Everything I read seems to surprise me in some way. This book has taught me many things, and one of them is the fact that I realize I can't believe everything, or ANYTHING,...
  • Commented on SElf actualization in todays world.
    Financial success is a huge measurement of achievement within the world. You see a guy get off a private jet and your like, "wow, that guy is a successful dude!" Social media is definitely one of the main factors that...
  • Commented on Is This Real Life?
    First off, great picture! The six principles come back through everything we have learned within this class. Now, many studies and other things that the media presents, i find these six principles completely present within all of these and my...
  • Commented on Twin studies
    The twin studies are super interesting! I have a friend here at the University that was a person involved in the twin studies. It's completely fascinating how these things work out and how common twins can be. It might be...
  • Commented on From Psych to Dating
    This is definitely a important concept. It will help me understand and appreciate who might like or fall for me in future places. It really helps me how to understand how relationships work on a deeper level. All of these...
  • Commented on The Big 5
    This will help out undoubtedly in many facets of the career life. It will help throughout all facets of life. School life, academic careers, in the workplace, everywhere. The big five really help out so people can work well and...
  • Posted Love to Work Out to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Coming to college, I really decided that I wanted to work out. Luckily, the Rec Center is free for us students. My friend, Zach, is a workout enthusiast and helped me to start a new awesome work out regimen. I...
  • Commented on Unborn Baby Geniuses
    I have thought about this topic many times before. I think it's more of a generally bonding experience for their family. Although I do not think that these types of activities make children smarter, I do believe that it might...
  • Commented on Are you smarter than a 5th grader?
    It's definitely an interesting point you bring up. I also do not agree though. I believe many of these shows don't portray true intelligence. I believe these shows are all about fact-recalling. I mean, if you think about it, how...
  • Commented on Monkey See, Monkey Do.
    I feel that nurture plays the biggest role within this type of discussion. There are always shows and great stories about people who have break the so-called "cycle" of their family by making it to college, or not doing drugs,...
  • Commented on Double Eyelids, Beautiful?
    It is extremely interesting to see what cultures think about the body makes them attractive. People here do stuff to their bodies to change something that other cultures try to get. It is funny how we tan because it's generally...
  • Commented on And the final rose goes to...
    I agree with a lot of what has been said. I used to love the show and it just humors me that so many of these relationships fail. I agree that the two-factor theory is the exact reason they fail...
  • Commented on Thoughts of Beauty
    That's really intriguing. I feel like the skinny body is so attractive to people because it means they did something to be like that, such as work out or go on a diet. It all equates out to be different...
  • Commented on Peek-a-boo, I see you!
    Peek-a-boo is a classic favorite of mine and babies. I can literally play for hours and they laugh and laugh on end for hours! I wish I could remember more and more from my childhood and when I recognized certain...
  • Commented on Minnesota, eh?
    I agree 100% about the "Minnesota nice" thing. I have lived here my whole life and me and my friends always joke about it just being passive aggressive. Every time I travel someone it is so interesting looking at the...
  • Commented on Can one choose their sexual orientation?
    I 100% agree with this. There is almost no scientific evidence though for either way! Speaking from a gay guy's viewpoint, I do not believe at all that I chose to be gay or any of my friends. I really...
  • Posted SleepWalking-Valid Arguement in Trial to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Many people, including many of ourselves, have experienced sleepwalking or have known someone who has sleptwalk. Although it is not like shown in the movies where a person in a zombie-like trance is walking around, it can still be very...
  • Commented on Pike's Peak- a conditioned stimulus
    Very true. Commercials continue to be some of the fascinating things on television today. It's probably why so many people watch the Superbowl, because many people really don't enjoy watching football. I think advertising is one of the most interesting...
  • Commented on A 2-dimensional wormhole
    Another great illusion! I believe that visual illusions are very exciting and actually a fun thing to do when passing time. Also, I know much of America feels the same way. Humans can be very skeptical, as we know and...
  • Commented on Give me that phone
    That is actually a really funny story. My brother used to have that ringtone, and eventually everyone in my school! It got to be one of the most annoying sounds ever, I always thought. I would definitely like to know...
  • Posted Blog Entry #1: Chapter 2-Research Methods to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Chapter 2 is all about research methods used in the field of psychology today. Many different types and different methods of research are used. Something in research methods that stick out to me as very interesting is the placebo effect....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from bedo0028

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page