clari027

• Commented on That's not a Cheeto, It's Jesus.
    It is amazing when foods or other objects that represent meaningful symbols or people. I remember watching an episode of Arthur where Buster the Bunny becomes obsessed with a potato chip that looks like Abe Lincoln. In reality, some of...
  • Commented on SleepWalking-Valid Arguement in Trial
    It is crazy to think that some people have used sleepwalking as an excuse for committing crimes. Looking at the most recent unit, it can be compared to the insanity plea. We can never know what is going on inside...
  • Commented on Memories of Psych...
    It was also helpful for me studying memory in psychology. Certain facts, like that we remember things at the beginning and tend to forget later things, has helped my change my studying techniques. Also, knowing that cramming for a test...
  • Commented on Not Everyone Wants to be Skinny
    It is so interesting to compare standards of beauty across different cultures or time periods. At one poiunt in US history, it was more attractive to be plumper and pale because it showed wealth that women were able to stay...
  • Commented on Can Stress Really Do That?
    I thought the lesson of stress was also very helpful to study. I also did a long REP study that invovled stress where we had to watch videos with different stress techniniques, apply them to our lives, and keep journals...
  • Commented on OCEAN
    I agree that I will remember the big 5 well beyond psychology. Taking previous business courses, I have taken personality or behavior tests that help with job or group placement. In Carlson they use our strengthsfinder results to place us...
  • Commented on Two-Factory Theory
    I agree with the two-factor theory being successful in strengthening ones attraction to another person, but I also wonder if it works as well on other aspects. For example, I remember certain vacations as more fun after I did certain...
  • Posted Dream On to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    One of the topics we studied in Psych 1001 that I find most interesting is dreams and their interpretations. For example, last night I had a dream that 100 kittens showed up in my house somehow. I woke up...
  • Commented on An Internet disguise
    This ad may be against scams but I think it can also be true about talking to people online. You always hear of dateline episodes where a young girl and older man are chatting online and meet up and the...
  • Commented on REM for LIFE!
    Sometimes I feel like I use what I learned in psychology as an excuse to give up on studying and go to bed when I have a test the next day. However, it really is necessary to sleep to perform...
  • Commented on Conformity Most Interesting
    I also found this to be one of the funnier topics we talked about in our discussion section. Watching the study where participants were asked to choose the longest of three lines, I was so suprised how many people went...
  • Commented on Love the Way You Lie
    Lying is one of those things that can be different for so many people. Some people's eyes, voices, or body movement shows they are lying yet others there is no physical difference. I always questioned lie detector tests, especially on...
  • Commented on Minnesota, eh?
    Growing up and living in Minnesota my whole life, I am glad we have that "Minnesota Nice" reputation. I think especially in the Midewest, a sense of family and friendship in a community is so important. Yes everyone has problems,...
  • Commented on Double Eyelids, Beautiful?
    It is amazing to think how much money some people spend trying to look unnaturally "beautiful." Such examples such as tanning, hair coloring, teeth whitening, clothing and jewelry, plus extremes like plastic surgery or botox are NOT cheap. We all...
  • Posted Unborn Baby Geniuses to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    One topic I read about during Chapter 8 that I began to wonder about was reading to children in the womb. Many mothers will read children's books to their unborn children aloud to make their voice known even before birth....
  • Commented on My Memory of Running Away?
    It is crazy to think that we can believe something to be true and realize that we made it up in our heads. I think that sometimes we think about something so much and and plan so intently on it...
  • Commented on Coping with Alzheimer's
    Having a grandfather who fought and lost the battle of Alheizheimer's, I can relate to this article and know the horrible effects of the disease. Having a father who is similar to my grandpa in traits, I was nervous about...
  • Commented on Sleep and Learn
    I agree with the points above, saying that when you sleep the information you just study is allowed to sink in. When I took psych in high school, I remember hearing that sleep is necessary for learning and memorizing. This...
  • Commented on Sex, Sensuality and Salad
    This type of advertising is very popular in media, but I think that there are certain markets where the sensual, alluring factor works better. For example, perfume commercials always have that type of message, where if you wear the perfume...
  • Commented on Defining Sexuality
    Being a controversial topic, I think this is a very interesting way to look at sexuality. However, I don't agree with the hypothesis that the nature side causes homosexuality. As society has been becoming more and more accepting, there has...
  • Commented on I will become this man
    This commercial is a huge example of extraordinary claims, but I agree with you in saying that a lot of products are falsely advertised in the media. Yes, diamonds won't pour out of your hands when using Old Spice, but...
  • Commented on How much should you work out in a week?
    The articles seem very valid in providing recommendations for people to workout, but I don't think the government can give one set statement that applies to everyone. Working out and eating healthy varies with each person because every body performs...
  • Posted Why is she so attractive? It's called Photoshop...... to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Such a common controversial topic in the media is how advertisement and the entertainment industry is affecting body image. Whether bikini ads in magazines or the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, young women and surrounded by what is seen as a...
  • Posted Too good to be true? Actually, yes it is. to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Pseudoscience is a concept in Chapter 1 that I found interesting and relates to everyday life. Defined as a set of claims that seem scientific but aren't, pseudoscience is present in our everyday life from news stories, commercials, and...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from clari027

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page