degn0034

• Commented on Memories of Psych...
    I completely agree, memory was one of my favorite memories as well. It's interesting to think about some of the instances that we remember and then second guessing yourself constantly because your unsure if that is actually how it happened....
  • Commented on REM for LIFE!
    Wow that app sounds pretty impressive! We are all college students and if there is one thing that makes most of us alike is the fact that we usually do not get enough sleep. I try to get my body...
  • Commented on Personality: Not What I Once Thought
    I too think the sibling order is odd because my younger brother and I had that on a daily basis when we were younger. About the genetic traits for personality, I would like to think that we get some of...
  • Commented on Clowns are scary
    I feel like a lot of people's phobias they have later in life stemmed from something that happened to them when they were younger. People are afraid of spiders and snakes because we are ocnditioned to stay away from them...
  • Commented on Five years from now...
    That too was interesting to me because we all tell ourselves that couldn't be us but in reality, it probably could be. It's difficult to stand up to what you believe in and especially so if it goes against the...
  • Commented on what will bring to me in the next five years
    I think real beauty is something that should be stressed to everyone at a very young age. Our society is so consumed with fat percentage and how skinny someone can be when I feel like a healthy body and a...
  • Commented on I will not give in!
    I agree, social psychology was very intersting and I think it was because it pertains to our everyday lives. All of psychology is like that but especially social psychology because we ineract with others on a daily basis. For most...
  • Posted Conformity Most Interesting to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    I think my favorite topic of the semester was one of the most recent topics about conformity just because I think it has to do with the real world every day. Conformity was very interesting to me because everybody thinks...
  • Commented on When I Say Three, You Will Be A...
    I completely agree. We had a hypnotist our senior year after homecoming party and it was the same way. I have seen hypnotist's before but it wasn't as fun as when your peers are up there and you know their...
  • Commented on You Look So Good in Those Genes
    That is a very good point. I guess I never thought of genetics research as a bad thing but I could definitely see where that could turn into discrimination in a real hurry. The thing that I like about it...
  • Commented on Family Dynamics
    Yeah I too am skeptical of the birth order discussion just because it sounds too general. Sure there are families that match this theory to a key. But at the same time, there are just as many families who are...
  • Commented on Losing that stubborn belly fat or your health?
    I couldn't agree more, this diet is like so many of them out there that will simply never work. Yeah sure, it may work for a week or two but eventually that person is going to go right back to...
  • Commented on Alcohol VS Marijuana Debate
    I am not a marijuana smoker and never have been any kind of smoker for that reason but what you say does interest me a little. I have always played devil's advocate when it comes to the marijuana vs. alcohol...
  • Posted Stupid Diets to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    As I was searching on the internet yesterday, I found something that even I could not believe. I know the internet is full of stupid crap but this one topped them all. It was a diet that was from all...
  • Commented on Minnesota, eh?
    This topic is very interesting to me especially because I went to Panama City Beach, Florida for spring break this year and noticed that people were very nice there as well. The difference is that they don't care to interact...
  • Commented on Obesity: It's our society's fault
    This is very true, it has become a society norm to over eat. Take a look at what people do for hobbies and in their free time and it is very clear that we have a problem. When we take...
  • Commented on I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something.
    The question about diets and eating healthy is one that has been at the forefront of the headlines for quite some time now. Everybody is looking for that miracle drug to make them skinny or in shape. The truth is,...
  • Commented on Can one choose their sexual orientation?
    I agree completely because I actually have a cousin that is homosexual and we had some idea way back when he was younger that he was homosexual. It's hard to explain but we knew it way back then and it...
  • Commented on I Got A Gut Feeling...
    I really liked the post here. I too usually have very good success going with my gut instinct when making a decision. Obviously there are always those times when my first instinct is not right but I would say for...
  • Posted My Memory of Running Away? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    When I was younger, we lived on a farm out in the country in rural Southeastern Minnesota. Neither my mom or dad worked on the farm but it was family owned and that is where I grew up. There was...
  • Commented on How much should you work out in a week?
    I think an emphasis should be heavily put on exercising and working out but I want to know how many times the article mentioned anything about nutrition and how much a person eats. If a person works out for three...
  • Posted A Son's Love For His Mother to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Chapter 11 is all about personality and the way Psychology examines and studies personality to understand better how we function as people. This chapter is going to indulge in the question "who are we?" Certain subjects that stick out...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from degn0034

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page