gross630

• Commented on SElf actualization in todays world.
    I agree that financial success has become a standard measurement of achievement in today's society. Perhaps this has occurred due to the purely quantitative nature of money or due to the high value humans place on materialistic items. I think...
  • Posted From Psych to Dating to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    One concept that I will remember from PSYCH 1001 in five years will be the social influences on interpersonal attraction from chapter 11. This includes the psychologically-tested characteristics and factors that can determine who we are most likely attracted too....
  • Posted "I can tell you're lying!" - Actually no, you probably can't to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    I have often times encountered individuals who tell me that they are good at telling when people are lying. These individuals claim they can tell by looking into someone's eyes or by just having a way of knowing. I was...
  • Commented on Resisting Triggers
    I think a great way to prevent teenagers or young adults from using drugs is through an increased and more thorough health education. The concepts of drug tolerance and conditioned stimuli were not taught in my middle school and high...
  • Commented on Decisions: The Brains Behind the Operation
    I love some of the questions you bring up at the end of your post! Regarding the BBC study applying to more complex situations, I personally see the effects of my brain making decisions and my body acting without my...
  • Commented on Drug Addiction Hits Home
    Contrary to the blog writer's personal network of acquaintances, I have only closely interacted with one or two people in my life that are addicted to drugs (not including caffeine). Thinking about why this is so, I concluded that I...
  • Commented on What do cats and babies have in common?
    Watching the first lecture about child psychology earlier today I was very pleased to see a post about infants and their thought process. In response to your question "Do they think?" I believe that infants do. While not necessarily consciously,...
  • Commented on Rushing Into Things
    I find it interesting that you use algorithms as your problem solving strategy when our lectures on memory and problem solving stated that people tend to rely on heuristics while computers tend to rely on algorithms. I think that relying...
  • Commented on (MyU vs. Uthink) Order in Layout
    It is interesting how different fields of education and types of jobs are based off of brain perceptions. From marketing and advertising to graphic design, how an Internet user or magazine shopper takes in and interprets their surroundings is of...
  • Commented on Mosquito Buzz
    Unlike others, I have never experienced this type of practical joke during high school class. I find the concept to be very peculiar and interesting since I did not think that hearing loss began at such an early age. I...
  • Posted Hypnotic Psychology? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    What could cause a mentally-healthy individual to imagine they are of the opposite sex? What could influence people into acting as fools in front of large crowds? One word: hypnosis. Hypnosis is a phenomenom that many college students have witnessed...
  • Commented on Miracle Diets Require..... Miracles? Blog #2
    This "miracle diet" also scares me thinking how people can take such an extraordinary claim seriously. However, what frightens me even more is the potential for a user to take the product incorrectly. If someone is not observant enough to...
  • Commented on The Great Debate: Not Politics or Religion But... Videogames?
    This blog post brings up a very good possibility as to why agressive behavior rates in children has increased - competition. While competition can bring out the more invasive side to children, I believe that the actions and intent behind...
  • Commented on How much should you work out in a week?
    It appears that the writer of the blog post does not agree/trust the recommendations of the first government article but does trust the second government article saying "its reliable because its backed by the government." This seems contradictory to me....
  • Posted When Stress Turns Into Success - 9/11 Study to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    While previewing chapter twelve I read of the benefits of stress. Yes, I really did just say that stress can be beneficial. I learned that one of the ways in which psychologists study stress among people is from a perspective...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from gross630

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page