krzma022

• Commented on Five years from now...
    Since studies have proven that people who at one point learn about this phenomenon are forever less likely to conform to an extreme, I think it is safe to assume that this is something you will remember five years from...
  • Commented on I will not give in!
    The game telephone which you mentioned is a really interesting example of a game with an important lesson to teach. I remember telephone was one of my favorite games as a kid, but I never really thought of any deeper...
  • Posted Psychology For Life to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Although there are a multitude of interesting things I have learned from this class and will undoubtedly remember in the future, I would say the things that interested me the most were cognitive development and shaping of behaviors. I hope...
  • Commented on Monkey See, Monkey Do.
    This post is very interesting to me. My ex-boyfriend and I dated for about 4 years, but we recently went on a break because I started noticing some habits that I did not like. He has been trying to change...
  • Commented on six F.R.I.E.N.D.S and the big five
    I think you are spot on with your idenification of their personality traits. Since every single one of them is very high in a different personality trait, it makes the show as interesting and succesful as it is. People enjoy...
  • Commented on "I Work Out!"
    As a horse racer, this is not just true for humans! When you take out a horse for practice, they're performance and energy level is almost always nothing compared to when they are surrounded by other horses in an arena....
  • Posted Minnesota Nice: The Altruism State to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    As has been noted in past Psych 1001 blogs, "Minnesota nice" (a form of altruism) is a very real phenomenon. I myself have experienced multiple instances of people helping others for seemingly totally unselfish reasons. This past summer, my boyfriend...
  • Commented on I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something.
    First off, +1 for Mitch Hedberg and use of meme. Secondly, this made me think of the fact that Congress recently declared pizza a vegetable. In a country that suffers so much from obesity, I think it is great that...
  • Commented on Can one choose their sexual orientation?
    I strongly agree with your opinion and feel that as technology continues to advance, we will start to find stronger scientific backing for this too. I also have many friends who are homosexual and I have actually been working on...
  • Commented on Minnesota, eh?
    Although I have never been to Southern California, I have traveled to almost every continent in the world and have realized that you're going to meet "Minnesota nice" people everywhere, and you're gonna meet some not so nice people everywhere,...
  • Commented on Love the Way You Lie
    I agree with you, it would enhance the criminal justice system's accuracy exponentially. In my class on the Introduction to the Criminal Justice system, we talked about multiple cases where people spent dozens of years in prison and even on...
  • Commented on SleepWalking-Valid Arguement in Trial
    From my understanding, sleepwalkers can be awakened as easily as someone who is asleep in their bed. Committing a murder is not something that can usually be done without at least some noise and struggling on the part of the...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's: the greatest heartbreaker
    I worked in a nursing home for about 3 years in high school and saw firsthand the misery that Alzheimer's can cause. I saw the whole spectrum of changes that Alzheimer's can cause. There were individuals who entered an almost...
  • Commented on Sleep: Entering a Personal Dimension
    Is it too obvious to say that this reminds me of the basis for the movie Inception? It is an interesting proposition that one could be able to 'control' their dreams. I do not believe I have ever experiences this....
  • Commented on Resisting Triggers
    Of course the recommended way to treat an addiction in our society is...pills! I know this is a little off topic, but I see a huge problem with over-medicalization in our society, and this instance exemplifies that. Especially when it...
  • Posted The Call of the Wild to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    The thought of a secret animal language has always enticed me. When I was very young, my parents had me convinced that at exactly midnight on Christmas morning, all animals could talk for one hour. I tried so hard to...
  • Commented on Small Brain = Lots of Learning
    You say that the ants "realized" what needed to be done to get across from pole to pole. However, as we studied in our Psychology textbooks, even cats who have a much more developed brain than an ant never quite...
  • Commented on Sleep...how much is enough?
    I seem to be more like you. At first, not getting much sleep had negative effects on me, but now I have been getting only 5 to 6 hours of sleep every night for so long that it hardly even...
  • Commented on Mosquito Buzz
    This is amusing as I actually had a teacher who would use this to wake his STUDENTS up. Since he himself could not hear it, he was totally fine with amusing himself by leaving this "mosquito buzz" on for most...
  • Commented on Defining Sexuality
    I would agree with your observation. Last semester, I wrote a research paper questioning whether the children of homosexual parents are just as succesful academically as their peers who have heterosexual parents. While looking for information on this subject, I...
  • Commented on Don't Poke Me With That!- Emily Stasel- Blog Assignment #2
    This article immediately makes me think of my older sister. She has been working at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester for the past couple of years and, being one of the leading medical facilities in the world, they obviously get...
  • Commented on What drives you
    I think that this explanation for motivation is how the concept of punishment was derived. When you experience something uncomfortable in your life, it motivates you to change something so as to alleviate that discomfort. So therefore, punishment is used...
  • Commented on When Stress Turns Into Success - 9/11 Study
    I think that this is a very interesting observation, however I am curious about how long after 9/11 researchers continued to survey those affected by 9/11. Were these positive effects of stress temporary or did it continue to motivate these...
  • Posted Blog #1 - Raised on Pseudoscience to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Chapter 1 is essentially a helpful summary of the entire course. It starts off by describing what Psychology is and from there touches on many subjects that appear to be explained more in depth later in the textbook. The chapter...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from krzma022

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page