sarki030

• Commented on IAT Sheds Light on the Impact of Implicit Thought...Jenny Kinzler
    I also took an IAT test like the one you mentioned concerning racism. Like you, I was also showed a slight preference towards white people. I thought you did a good idea of explaining the very prevalent and subconscious stereotyping...
  • Commented on Love to Work Out
    I totally agree with you that working in groups can really enhance performance. But sometimes working in groups can produce the opposite effect as we have seen in social loafing. Sometimes working in groups for school projects is extremely frustrating...
  • Posted Understanding the Real Truth to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    One of the biggest sticking point for me in this course was the six principals of scientific thinking. Although in five years I probably will not remember that they are ruling out rival hypothesis, correlation versus causation, falsibility, replicability, extraordinary...
  • Commented on "Just trying to fit in..."
    I have a little brother in middle school and some of the stuff he does to be "cool" amazes me. I often find myself getting frustrated with his constant need to be wearing what (he thinks) is in style and...
  • Commented on Family Dynamics
    Like it has already been stated, we know that there are many exceptions to the general trends of personality when it comes to birth order. But I also find it interesting that very often these trends hold to be true....
  • Commented on "I can tell you're lying!" - Actually no, you probably can't
    What I find even more interesting than people's abilities to detect lies, is some people's ability to formulate lies. I have come across a few people in my life who are compulsive liars and tell lies on a regular basis....
  • Posted Obesity: It's our society's fault to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Sure, it's true that genes play a role in our weight. As seen in chapter 11 of the textbook we can see that scientists have identified genes that have to do with metabolism, appetite, and body fat that influence the...
  • Commented on Sweet and Spice and Everything Nice!
    I work at a daycare center so I feel that I can really connect with this topic of parenting and how it effects children. Like you have said I don't think the number of parents is the primary influence on...
  • Commented on My Memory of Running Away?
    Along side of having false memories from childhood, I find it very interesting that by looking through pictures from our childhood and hearing stories from our families we can make memories that we don't actually have. For example, when I...
  • Commented on Alzheimer's: the greatest heartbreaker
    I find it amazing how destructive this disease is psychologically. Unlike most diseases we come across, the physical effects aren't the most astounding. No one close to me has had Alzheimer's so I never really knew the extent of the...
  • Commented on 3D Sounds
    Crazy! I had to show this to my whole family when i heard it. I never thought that sound alone could be 3D. Our brains are truly fascinating when it comes to filling in missing details. It makes me wonder,...
  • Commented on Hypnotic Psychology?
    I was also disappointed that the book did not explain how hypnosis works and that science doesn't have a clear understanding of the process yet. I find it intriguing that in a day and age where science is so advanced...
  • Posted Decisions: The Brains Behind the Operation to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    As seen in the final section of the video (47:53-end) from BBC Horizon-The Secret You, Marcus de Sautoy provides intriguing evidence that we may not have as much free will as we believe we do. He attempts to find...
  • Commented on I will become this man
    I agree that this advertisement makes many extraordinary claims that can't be proven but I don't think that it is necessarily trying to get us to believe these claims. By being over the top about the effects of the product,...
  • Commented on Brett Favre...Halo Effect Gone Wrong
    I find the concept of the Halo Effect really interesting. It is one of those things in society that we don't even notice until it is pointed out to us. It seems so easy for the media to persuade us...
  • Posted Memories or a Figment of Your Imagination? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    After looking through the textbook I decided that chapter 7, which had to do with memory, interested me the most. The section pertaining to false memories was particularly interesting. Most of us can recall vague memories from our early childhood,...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from sarki030

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page