snel0102

• Posted Nature vs. Nurture...agree to disagree? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
  • Commented on You Look So Good in Those Genes
    I think that this is a very interesting topic. I am anxious to see if the laws will eventually be changed, once more has been discovered about different kinds of genes. I think that would be a terrible thing. I...
  • Commented on "Just trying to fit in..."
    I definitely agree with this. In middle school I had a really good group of friends so I didn't have to worry about trying to impress them, or get the coolest clothes so people would like me more. My friends...
  • Commented on Family Dynamics
    I agree with the fact that you can't generalize these types of things to all families. I have three sisters, me and my twin are the youngest. My oldest sister fits the characteristics fairly well, she is very organized and...
  • Commented on The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From the Tree
    I think that's great that you chose not to drink, and are making an effort to break the cycle. My granda was an alcoholic and as little as my dad talks about it, I am starting to learn more and...
  • Commented on Question everything...
    I would also have to agree. I think that this text book is so fascinating in many ways. I really like how you mention that we all fail to overcome our biases. I found that very interesting while reading about...
  • Commented on Unborn Baby Geniuses
    I agree with your opinions on the topic. I don't see how reading to your unborn child can correlate with their reading skills in the future. I think there may be another variable. Maybe it is that mothers who read...
  • Commented on "I Work Out!"
    I can really relate to this. Whenever I am home I can't get myself to work out for more than twenty minutes. When I am at school and go to the Rec center, even if I go by myself, I...
  • Commented on Alcohol VS Marijuana Debate
    I think that you bring up really interesting points. I agree with you in the fact that doing harm to ourselves is our decision and that it only becomes an issue when we harm others. I think that the problem...
  • Commented on Stupid Diets
    I agree with how ridiculous this ad is and it also makes me wonder if we have really changed over the past century. I think that the reason people will do these crazy things that seem so ridiculous to us...
  • Posted six F.R.I.E.N.D.S and the big five to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    If you are familiar with the cast Friends, you know that they all have very distinct personalities. You can clearly see who is high/low within all of the big five personality traits They are all very outgoing, don't mind talking...
  • Commented on Not Everyone Wants to be Skinny
    This is a great resemblence of how beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but that society can greatly change that view. It also shows how vastly different societys can be and how money and wealth is the biggest...
  • Commented on Obesity: It's our society's fault
    I agree with the fact that society does affect this obesity problem we have, but ultimately it comes down to the individual. Everyone has the right to make their own decisions, and I think that people are to caught up...
  • Commented on Minnesota, eh?
    I think that this is very interesting. I have lived in Minnesota my whole life but I have been to California before and I did notice that they honk more there, and their culture seems to be very different. So...
  • Commented on Monkey See, Monkey Do.
    I find this topic very interesting. I watch the show 16 and pregnant on TV and on the after show with Dr. Drew he always mentions that if your parents were teenagers when they had you, you are more likely...
  • Commented on Truth about lying
    I tend to see the best in people as well. However, I do have a friend that I am extremely close to and I can tell whenever she is lying. I think the only reason I can tell is because...
  • Commented on Can one choose their sexual orientation?
    I agree with all of you in that gay people do not choose to be gay. I also have a homosexual cousin who just came out. His immediate family was not suprised and I think it's because he has acted...
  • Commented on Are you smarter than a 5th grader?
    I think that you bring up an interesting point. I think that this may not be discussed so much in media becuase it is such a controversial topic and there are so many different view points towards IQ testing that...
  • Commented on Rushing Into Things
    I am a business student as well and find this very interesting. We learned a lot about this in my management class. We learned about all the differences between the different cultures and different things that you should be aware...
  • Commented on 16 and Pregnant Revealed!- Assignment 3- Emily Stasel
    I find this post very interesting. I watch the show Teen Mom and I think that there are so many different examples of the mothers developing close relationships with their children and their relationships with their own mothers. One example...
  • Posted Coping with Alzheimer's to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Alzheimer's is a disorder that has an impacts over five million families, including my own. My grandma was just recently diagnosed. She is in the early stages but some signs that I have noticed from her is forgetting names, asking...
  • Commented on Defining Sexuality
    I think that this article brings up a very interesting question and a heated debate. Personally I think that homosexuality is something that you are born with, and I find it very interesting that the author wrote about how the...
  • Commented on How much should you work out in a week?
    I think that this article makes a lot of interesting points. I agree with the author of this article that the first suggested amounts of work outs doesn't seem like enough. I think these ideas have relate a lot to...
  • Posted Chapter 15: Psychological Disorders to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    When skimming through our textbook, chapter fifteen caught my attention. It is titled "Psychological Disorders" and includes descriptions of different mental disorders. It also includes different misconceptions people are prone to believing when it comes to different psychiatric classifications. One...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from snel0102

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page