tomp0055

• Commented on nuh nuh nuhhhhhh nuh, SCIENCE!
    The six principles will definitely stick with me too because they were underlying in every chapter, on practically every page. Outside of psychology studies, these principles can be applied whether it is shaving down the useless information with Occam's razor...
  • Commented on Dream On
    Dreams are so unique and that's why I find them so fascinating. I usually always have very vivid dreams and when I wake up in the morning I tell myself I have to remember them, but I only remember the...
  • Commented on Using Psychology to Understand Oneself
    The personality test came as a bit of a shock to me. But after studying the results more, it made sense why the results turned out the way they did. But I think it would be useful to take the...
  • Commented on Personality: Not What I Once Thought
    I was never aware of all of the influences on personality until taking this class. My sister and I both exhibit the "first-born", "second-born" traits, but we both have some personality traits that my parents have. But she is more...
  • Commented on That's What Makes You Beautiful
    This is so true and I'm glad Psychology 1001 teaches about beauty. It's interesting how much beauty is evaluated across the world. In some cultures it's better to be skinny, in others it's better to be chubby. But in some...
  • Commented on Five years from now...
    Both the Asch and Milgram studies astounded me. Who actually agrees to shocking someone or saying the wrong answer when you can clearly tell the correct answer. Pressure and conformity are interesting topics because they affect everyone. People will say...
  • Commented on I will not give in!
    I couldn't agree more with this entry. Like the video we watched in discussion, so many people fall to pressure - whether it's saying a wrong answer or doing something that could seriously harm you. Social psychology was also my...
  • Commented on Obesity: It's our society's fault
    What a perfect picture to represent the difference in portion sizes. I've always heard that when you go to a restaurant, you should box up half of the meal because most restaurants double their servings. I also watched a show...
  • Commented on Are you smarter than a 5th grader?
    You bring up an interesting point. In media, intelligence is often portrayed as a "nerd" or "geek". But this is only one kind of intelligence. When looking at the triarchic model in the textbook, I rarely see creativity or street...
  • Commented on Not Everyone Wants to be Skinny
    I am in shock. 16,000 calories a day? I don't even eat that much in a week! But that kind of force-feeding must result in terrible health conditions. However, not eating enough and starving yourself to be skinny also results...
  • Commented on Peek-a-boo, I see you!
    I'm the oldest of 10 cousins, so I've had my fair share of Peek-a-Boo games. I'm always surprised that the kids don't realize what I'm doing. But then again, I've seen old home videos of myself as a baby, where...
  • Commented on And the final rose goes to...
    Ah, the beauty of reality television shows. I cannot stand watching the Bachelor or Bachelorette, yet at the same time I can't look away. It's such a train wreck. "Oh, I'm so in love". Yeah right. Their idea of love...
  • Posted Minnesota, eh? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    I grew up in the San Diego area. Imagine the culture shock I endured when moving to Minnesota. The culture in California is so much different than that in Minnesota. In southern California, the lifestyle is very relaxed and if...
  • Commented on SleepWalking-Valid Arguement in Trial
    Sleepwalking fascinates me. It makes me think of the movie Step Brothers. They move everything around and throw the dad down the stairs, but they don't wake up. I know it's a movie but you would think they would wake...
  • Commented on 16 and Pregnant Revealed!- Assignment 3- Emily Stasel
    I found this very fascinating because both of my parents were accidents. My grandparents weren't married and under the age of 20. Today my parents work really hard to maintain good relationships with their parents. My mom calls her mother...
  • Commented on Coping with Alzheimer's
    Alzheimer's is such a sad condition. My grandparents knew an old woman whose children had moved away. Since my grandparents were the only people she knew in the area, they would visit her at least a few times a week....
  • Commented on Ground Hog Day (The Movie) I've figured it out!
    I could not imagine suffering from amnesia. After reading your blog entry, I thought of Finding Nemo. Poor Dory suffers from anterograde amnesia, where she cannot remember new things, such as Nemo's dad's name. While anterograde and retrograde amnesia are...
  • Commented on take another look
    I've actually seen this guy's work in person! It's crazy. The illusions from his chalk drawings are so realistic. I was fooled at first until I was able to walk up next to them and the dimensional illusion disappears. His...
  • Commented on Sex, Sensuality and Salad
    I find it funny that Kim Kardashian is used for sex appeal in a greasy, fast food restaurant. Perhaps Carl's Jr was trying to show that if you eat their salads, you will become rich, famous, and beautiful just like...
  • Posted 3D Sounds to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Everyone has heard about the "teen buzz" or the mosquito ringtone that so many middle school and high school students once had. But does anyone know about 3-Dimensional sounds? While thinking about what to write this blog on, I remembered...
  • Commented on Marijuana and the Mind: Correlation is not Causation!
    The media often will state things have a causation relationship, however this needs to be ignored, especially in this matter. There is definitely a third factor in the marijuana and depression correlation. I think that the environment that the teen...
  • Commented on Why is she so attractive? It's called Photoshop......
    I definitely agree with the Halo Effect. With such a fascination with today's celebrities, it's hard to know what people really look like. Then tabloids will show a picture of a star without make-up and everyone thinks that star is...
  • Posted Tara, T, Alice - 3 Personalities, 1 Person to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    There's a television series on ShoTime called the United States of Tara. In this show, the mom, Tara has a psychological disorder of multiple personalities. Why would a TV show highlight a psychological disorder? Her disorder along with many...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from tomp0055

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page