walke839

• Commented on Dream On
    Dreams is always a very interesting subject. Inception is such a popular movie, I think, because it does go into such great depth about a person's dreams. It brings up key points about dreaming and how, many times, dreams feel...
  • Posted That's What Makes You Beautiful to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    I think one thing that will really stick with me for the next 5 is a topic we just covered very recently. Beauty and what people perceive as beautiful. Even though we just covered this topic, it has been something...
  • Commented on It's you, not me
    This really proves the phrase 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'. With all of the different perceptions of beautiful around the world, it really kind of makes you wonder what man and woman looked like at the beginning...
  • Commented on "Just trying to fit in..."
    This is a great topic! I definitely remember having the sole purpose behind my actions in middle school being to make myself look "cool" to the other kids in my class. At times these things can work and you achieve...
  • Commented on One Thing Can Change Everything
    The movie clip and the theme you picked definitely tie in together! These days it is becoming harder and harder for kids to find who they really are because they are bombarded with images of what others think the perfect...
  • Commented on Monkey See, Monkey Do.
    I think that nature and nurture each play significant roles in the up bringing of a child in their own individual ways. The environment a child is exposed to can really be a huge factor on what that child thinks...
  • Commented on Obesity: It's our society's fault
    This topic is very interesting and I totally agree with your views on obesity and how it is greatly affected by our society. More recently I have become more and more aware of the increasing serving sizes in the United...
  • Commented on Minnesota, eh?
    I definitely agree. I come from Wisconsin and I kind of noticed a change when I came to the U. Never have I had so many people go out of their way to hold a door open for someone else...
  • Posted Parenting styles. There are so many but which to choose? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    There are so many different ideas about how to raise children. Should you be stirict? Or how about lenient? Should you discuss everything with your kids and be an open book or should you keep things a secret and never...
  • Commented on Is that Post-Workout Protein Shake really helping?
    I agree with all of your statements. I myself am a big believer in the use of protein after a workout. When I first began to lift, I thought it was all just a money scam. However, after becoming more...
  • Commented on take another look
    I definitely was fooled. At first, I was not sure what the picture had to do with the topic. However after looking a few more times I came to the realization. It takes a creative and smart mind to come...
  • Commented on 3D Sounds
    Wow, this is amazing! If really sounds like the people talking are right next to you and walking around the room. This reminds me, like you talked about, the 3D and 4D shows at Disneyworld where the movie looked like...
  • Commented on Brett Favre...Halo Effect Gone Wrong
    I definitely agree with this topic! Being from Wisconsin, I do have to say that I was one of the many that perceived Brett Favre as a man that could do no wrong. Even through his painkiller addiction, people were...
  • Posted Is that Post-Workout Protein Shake really helping? to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Very recently, post-workout protein shakes have become very popular in the fitness and nutrition world. But there is a constant debate going around about whether or not these protein shake supplements are in fact healthy for you. I have found...
  • Posted The Social World We Live In. to Psy 1001 section 26 Spring 2012
    Our everyday lives are based around how we perceive ourselves as well as how others perceive us. Think this isn't true? Just think about it. Some women...and men can take several hours getting ready for the day. Why? It's all...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from walke839

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page