ansa0053

• Posted Chapter 15: Breaking Away to WRIT 3577 - Spring 2013
    Chapter 15 starts off by describing Topiary, as well as many of the other Anonymous members, backing away from Anonymous after Backtrace. Olson stated that by June of 2011, at least seventy-nine people in eighty countries would be arrested in...
  • Commented on We Are Anonymous Blog Post
    Jackie, I agree with you in that this book keeps me in awe of the capabilities of the Internet. The author does a good job at recalling each Anonymous character's childhood and on. He focuses on their motivations and why...
  • Posted Blog Post 3: Chapter 10 to WRIT 3577 - Spring 2013
    In Chapter 10, Rainie and Wellman focus on how to function effectively in this changed world. To start off, my favorite sentence from this chapter describes how network operating systems can transform individuals as they participate in this changed world,...
  • Posted Intertextuality Blog Post 2 to WRIT 3577 - Spring 2013
    Warnick and Heinemen are discussing rhetorical analysis of intertextuality. They describe intertextuality "as a genre that is compromised of cultural matrix of the readers' experience and general knowledge of salient current events supporting the intertexual reference." This means that intertextuality...
  • Commented on It's Up To You
    I did not even know they used to have Search keys that specifically lead you right into a search engine! This sounds so constricting, but I agree with you, on the fact that he refutes his point to describe it...
  • Commented on Privacy and the Web- Blog Assignment Week 5
    I feel like growing up with the web, the privacy issue has always been present and will always be there. Companies want to know who has visited their sites, and the idea of "click stream" information (p.144) is what makes...
  • Commented on www takes off and Berners-Lee sees success
    To answer your first questions, I think that Berners-Lee uses rhetoric in a way to be informative and to entertain. I do not think he is intentionally trying to persuade us to believe he is likable, honorable, and humble. There...
  • Commented on Weaving the Web Blog.
    I agree with you on Berners-Lee's approach to this narrative. With his background and knowledge, it gave him more credibility in an effortless way. Blum did not seem as genuine in his search for the physicality of the internet, I...
  • Commented on Weaving the Web Blog.
    I was really surprised about this too! I think that whenever he mentioned a date, usually in the 90's, I thought, how was the internet, as I know it not even accepted yet and being rejected? The people specifically working...
  • Commented on Weaving the web blog 1
    I agree with you on how profound it is that one person is behind the creation of the World Wide Web and that like in Tubes, we never really look at how these things were created. These things were just...
  • Commented on Weaving the Web
    I agree with you on how Berners-Lee was himself a contributor to rhetoric, and think this idea is really interesting. The internet is the center of communicating persuasive ideas in texts, even from blog posts like this one. I think...
  • Posted Blog Post 1 to WRIT 3577 - Spring 2013
    The first four chapters of Weaving the Web, to me, were about Berners-Lee's idea of mashing together hypertext and the Internet and the struggles he had to go through to get people to notice his idea of an "unbound world"...
  • Posted Leadership definition to Ranias Blog
    To me leadership means being able to guide and direct people around us. It means being able to step up and take control of a situation....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from ansa0053

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page