Create Entry

engel356

• Posted Hourly gate counts start Sunday! to Walter Circulation
    I got a bad case of the Fall Semesters, and the only prescription is MORE GATE COUNTS! Hourly gate counts start Sunday, September 21st and run through Saturday. Please remember to take the gate counts at the top of every...
  • Posted Gate Counts A Palooza to Walter Circulation
    It's the dog days of summer, which means it's that time again. Time for Gate Counts-A-Palooza! Games, rides, tickets, a giant stuffed panda that you can't possibly carry all day. Ok, well, none of that stuff. But you still get...
  • Posted MOAR GATE COUNTS! to Walter Circulation
    Gate counts start THIS Sunday, July 6th and run through Saturday, July 12th. That is all. At ease troops. And Happy 4th of July. Happy Birthday America!...
  • Posted Hourly Gate Counts Start Sunday 06/08 to Walter Circulation
    It's dangerous to go alone, take an hourly gate count with you! Starting this Sunday, June 8th, please take the hourly gate counts through Saturday, July 14th. Thanks so much! Tim...
  • Posted Expired Patron Alert! to Walter Circulation
    Hello Circ Workers! Ever run into an "expired" patron before? If you do, stop, drop, and follow these directions: If you click on the "Renew" button from the Expired ID pop-up block, it will automatically reactive the account by extending...
  • Posted Hourly Gate Counts SFU (Special Finals Unit) to Walter Circulation
    You have the right to take hourly gate counts. Any counts you take can and will be used for planning . You have the right to a gate count sheet. If you cannot afford a gate count sheets, one will...
  • Posted Hourly Gate Counts Again! (04/06-04/12) to Walter Circulation
    Attention Students! Gate counts are happening once again this weekend. I apologize for having almost back to back instances of hourly gate counts, but alas, it must happen. Please remember to take the gate counts once an hour every hour...
  • Posted Hourly Gate Counts of Bel Air (pt. 2) to Walter Circulation
    I whistled for a pen, and clipboard in hand, I went and took the counts like my supervisor demands. The counts were so high that I couldn't believe, and I though, 'nah forget it, it's almost time to leave!' I....
  • Posted Hourly Gate Counts start Jan 12th to Walter Circulation
    Listen to a story all about how My life got flipped turned upside down Now I'd like to take a minute just sit on down And I'll tell you how I became the Prince of a Hourly Gate Counts. Southeast...
  • Posted Finals Mega-Explosion Gate Counts to Walter Circulation
    Hey everybody! Are you ready for wall-to-wall action? Can you handle the excitement dripping from every raw, action-packed moment? Are you ready for your eyelids to melt like Raiders of the Lost Ark? Then you have to check out this...
  • Posted 24-hours Limited Access Starts Now! to Walter Circulation
    Hi all, Just a reminder that from now (12/4) until 6pm Thursday December 19th, the study space on the 2nd floor will be open to patrons for 24 hours a day, around the clock. From 12midnight-8am we will be offering...
  • Posted Hourly Gate Counts Week to Walter Circulation
    Now that you've all done your monster-mashing and graveyard smashing, its time for everybody's REAL favorite time of year. Hourly Gate Counts Season! Running from Sunday, November 3rd to Saturday, November 9th, the 2013 Gate Count Season is almost upon...
  • Posted Have you changed the toner for the printer copier (2nd floor)? to Walter Circulation
    Just a quick update. With the school year fully in session, printing has increased, and then some. To keep track of how many printer and copier toner cartridges we are going through, if you will please date the sheet left...
  • Posted Voter Registration! (FYI) to Walter Circulation
    During the past couple presidential and mid-term elections, the libraries actively participated in the U's voter registration drive. Because this is an off-year election, Cabinet has decided that we will participate by offering voter registration forms but WILL NOT be...
  • Commented on Friendly Reminder
    Gao, Thanks for writing this! You are absolutely right. To everybody else: please do not leave checked-in materials lying around the desk/sensitizer area. This can create confusion. Please process books immediately after receiving them. Thanks! Tim...
  • Posted Hourly Gate Counts this Sunday, 9/22 to Walter Circulation
    Every hour, someone in the United States is diagnosed with Gate Count-Related Amnesia. Luckily there is a way you can help. By taking the gate count every hour, you can help fight for a cure against Gate Count-Related Amnesia. For...
  • Posted Hourly Gate Counts Start This Sunday, 8/11 to Walter Circulation
    Hi all, Please remember to take the hourly gate counts starting this Sunday, August 11th through Saturday, August 18th. Hope everyone is having a great summer, it's almost up! Thanks, Tim...
  • Posted Gate Counts! Hourly Gate Counts, Here! to Walter Circulation
    Step right up, ladies and germs! Step right up to the line. Every play is a winner! Win your lovely lady or handsome gent a prize! The game is Hourly Gate Counts. One play an hour, every hour! Three...
  • Posted THIS WEEKEND 6/15-16 to Walter Circulation
    Hi. Sorry if I scared you. 1. The printer is not working on the 2nd floor Circ computer. Please log into the Reference computer using the ul-pse-desk login. The password is on the pink PROCEDURES binder. DO NOT LOGIN WITH...
  • Posted Hourly Gate Counts Start this Sunday! (06/09) to Walter Circulation
    What's the deal with gate counts? It's not like you're going out and counting all of the gates. There's no counting at all. And how can you call them gates, when you can walk right through them? It's ridiculous! [laughter]...
  • Commented on Emptying Book Drops
    *closed should be "cleared."...
  • Posted Emptying Book Drops to Walter Circulation
    As you know, the semester is over, and some people are still hoarding their library books like canned goods at the End of Days. This is a reminder to keep a constant eye on the drop-boxes at the desk. It...
  • Posted Finals Hourly Gate counts start Sunday! to Walter Circulation
    I am Jack's lateral intraparietal area. I control Jack's sense of time. In an hour, I will tell Jack to take the gate counts. In another hour, I will tell Jack to take the gate counts again. All in all,...
  • Posted Library Open 24 Hours Starts Tonight! to Walter Circulation
    Attention student staff! Walter Great Hall and Walter room 208 will be open 24 hours starting today, Friday, May 3 at 8am and going through Saturday, May 18 at 6pm. Levels B, S, F, 204 (SMART LC) and 206 (Reference)...
  • Posted NOTICE: Change in Mail Procedures to Walter Circulation
    The following message is brought to you by Nikki Marchand, East Bank Operations Manager: Good morning, For all of you on mail duty, please note that the mail procedure has changed (as of today). Mail bins will now be dropped...
  • Posted Please Check out all RESERVE items to Walter Circulation
    Hi All, Just a reminder in the busy time of the semester to make sure you are checking out RESERVE items to students. All items that leave the RESERVE shelf must be checked out to students even if they will...
  • Posted Hear ye, Hear ye! Hourly Gate Countes be Upon Us! to Walter Circulation
    Gophers, Countrymen, Lend Me Thine Eares! The Census of Thine Noble Scholars is Nigh. As a Member of the Realm of Honourable Librarians, it is Thine Duty, Nay! Thine Honour, That thy Taketh Thine Gate Counts Not Upon the Rise...
  • Posted Gate counts start Sunday the 27th to Walter Circulation
    Hello students, and welcome back to another chilly Spring Semester at the University of Minnesota. Starting Sunday, we will begins collecting hourly gate counts again, right on schedule. So remember, every time the hour rolls over to take those gate...
  • Posted Just FYI ;-) to Walter Circulation
  • Posted Hourly Gate Counts--Gotta Catch 'em All! to Walter Circulation
    They're around every corner, Gate Counts on the loose! The more you catch (once every hour) the closer Walter gets to becoming WORLD GATE COUNT MASTER! This Sunday the competition begins , so keep your eyes open and your wits...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from engel356

Following

Not following anyone

Subscribe to Blog