Create Entry

yang1940

• Commented on Assignment #2 Digital/Manual Distribution
    My tumblr website: http://hmong-topsecret.tumblr.com/...
  • Commented on Inspirational Links by Students and Jenny
    Awesome Yuko Shimizu: http://yukoart.com/ She doesn't have an updated website, but my other artist was Junko Mizuno. Salad Fingers - guess who's art reminded me of this? : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3iOROuTuMA Looking for a cheaper version of the Cintiq? Here's an affordable...
  • Commented on Assignment #1 Flip Book and .gif
    "The Journey" http://littlemissghy.tumblr.com/post/77070120349/the-journey...
    My gif, "The Evolution of a Woman's body" : http://littlemissghy.tumblr.com/post/76931234376/the-evolution-of-a-womans-body...
  • Posted Friendly Reminder to Walter Circulation
    Hey guys! Just a friendly reminder that after you check in a RESERVED textbook, please please please kindly return the reserved textbook back onto the reserved shelf. Please do not put the reserved books in front of the desensitizing machine...
  • Posted Hold slips! to Walter Circulation
    Hey everyone! I've been finding hold books with slips that belong to Walter coming back from other libraries! Oh no! :( This is just a friendly note to remind you guys that once a hold sheet prints for the book...
  • Posted Saturday, June 9th to Walter Circulation
    Hey guys! I reaaally need this shift to be taken! I am going to be involved in my brother's wedding this day & it'd be great if I got that day off! :) It's absolutely crucial for me to be...
  • Posted Shift Thursday, March 29th! to Walter Circulation
    Hello once again! So instead of the shift from 12-6pm, the shift is available from 3PM-6PM! It's only a 3 hour shift this Thursday, doing mail & one hour at the B-Desk. This is a great way to earn a...
  • Posted Shifts This Thursday, March 29th! to Walter Circulation
    Hey everyone! Sorry for the super late notice, but I was wondering if anyone was interested in taking my easy shift this Thursday, March 29th from 12-6PM. It's already on the trade board up for grabs! It's my 21st birthday...
  • Posted "Route to: ...?" to Walter Circulation
    Hey everyone! Hope everyone has had a fun-filled winter break! :) This is just a friendly reminder to those who do Get-It's, Opening at the B-Desk, and anyone who check in books and a hold sheet prints out: Please double-check...
  • Commented on Assignment #4 BRAINSORM THE ZINE
    11. Our predictions about the mysterious ( aliens, UFOs, etc)...
    1. Predictions of what's in the Bermuda/Dragon Triangle. 2. What will happen in 2012? Our predictions to how the world will end ( or survive ). 3. Guide & recommendations for incoming freshmens 4. Like the zine we read in...
  • Commented on 3.4.2010 "Do it Together" by Creative Ensemble
    I agree what you have written as a response. Extending from your perspective, I feel that DIT/CAE culture is like a family: they work together directly and become relatively close. This family-like bond is extremely imporant because, like all families,...
    Before reading this article, I didn’t know that “Do-It-Together” culture could be so complex and difficult. I didn’t think that the DIT culture had so many different kinds of branches of community. I find that collaborative work between different artists...
  • Commented on Midterm Paper Assignment: Due March 29th by Midnight!
    I am planning to do Steve Stwalley and Lutefisk Sushi/Cartoonist Conspiracy....
  • Commented on 2.18.10 "Fort Thunder"
    I was really confused when I read this article because of its random storyline in the beginning. Then the descriptive words hit me. I think it is amazing that a place like Fort Thunder can be expressed in so many...
  • Commented on 2.18.10. "Stencil Pirates01"
    I once thought graffiti was a way to vandalize society too, or a sort of escape for people to do something rebellious. It took a lot different styles of graffiti to convince me otherwise, that graffiti was a form of...
    I find it interesting and very true that some graffiti is used as an "ego marking", where many graffiti artists have a purpose to "write their names or logo as many times in as many places as possible". I enjoy...
  • Commented on 1.27.10 "DIY: The Rise of Lo-Fi Culture" by Amy Spencer
    It was really interesting that you bring out the point that "Much of the focus of the zine creators and designers was about the audience; reaching the audience, broadening the audience, and keeping an audience." A lot of zine makers...
  • Commented on 1.21.10 Reading: "Notes from the Underground" by Stephen Duncombe
    Just like you, I had no idea what a zine was before this class. I liked how you said that zines were, "a form of art with not just words and not just pictures but both of those mixed together...
  • Commented on 2.4.2010 "Paper Politics" Readings
    You are very lucky to have some experience with print making! Talking to those who have done print making, to me, seems to be a very rare thing these days, especially with the Do-It-Yourself culture. I also liked the quote...
    “The best part about printmaking is the making, the crafting of things at a human scale.” I love the perspective that printmaking is not only made from one individual but many individuals. There is a strange sense of community and...
    It is amazing to find that the creation of zines could lead to so many inspiring changes in art/zine history. I had just thought that zines were a simple form of creation created by everyone and anyone, but the different...
    I have never heard of the term "zine" before until our class last week. To read and take in all these historic happenings and wonderous events from this reading about the background of "zine" was absolutely refreshing. Last Thursday, a...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from yang1940

Following

Not following anyone

Subscribe to Blog