Create Entry

uselm007

• Posted Netflix to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    I recently subscribed to Netflix over this past summer. A little history I found interesting: 2001 - 456,000 subscribed members. 2002 - went public 2003 - Netflix made 7 million dollars in profit 2008 - Started the movie streaming...
  • Posted Dopamine - Neuromarketing to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    In class we touched on the topic of Neuromarketing briefly. I thought this video was interesting as it coincides with the concept of Neuromarketing and does a good job of presenting ideas very simply. Dopamine is not only a...
  • Posted Survey Sites to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    This class has illustrated the importance of data collection, surveys, and understanding the target you wish to communicate with. I find it incredible the amount of data collection that is done for a specific group or product! For instance,...
  • Posted U.S. Household Broadband Connection to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    In 2012, 90 percent of U.S. households that have computers now have broadband internet. In terms of the population, that makes 80.3 million people. This is quite the growth, considering that just five years ago 65 percent of households...
  • Posted Coffee Statistics to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    Like many college kids, I think it's fair to say I'm mildly addicted to coffee. Beyond the fact that it wakes me up with a little burst of caffeine I also enjoy the flavor. I find that coffee is...
  • Posted Social Media Savvy at Thirteen to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    A recent survey of 4000 parents found that the age of 11 years old is the age in which they allow their child to enter the vast world of social media. In fact, 53 percent of parents admitted that...
  • Posted Bottled Water Survey to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    I just completed the extra-credit survey on bottled water. I certainly found this survey interesting in the fact that I don't find myself thinking much about the over priced plastic capsules that contain what is virtually free from a...
  • Posted World Energy 2012 to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    I found this video to be quite intriguing. There are many statistics throughout the entire video - some that I've heard as well as some that spark interest. One thing I feel wary of it that fact that BP...
  • Posted Guitar to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    When I was just entering the 8th grade, my younger sister received a guitar for her birthday. I can recall walking by her room, peering in, and seeing the guitar sit and collect dust for the first month or...
  • Posted Global Study: Creativity to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    Today, 75% of people feel that their countries are not living up to their creative potential, whereas only 25% feel sated with their country's creative performance. This statistic came as a real shock to Adobe, who hosted the global...
  • Posted Amazing Statistics to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    I recall seeing this video once or twice in a previous class of mine. I've always enjoyed videos like these as they are a quick way to learn some fun facts. Not much else going on in this video...
  • Posted Millennials to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    This article has 50 facts about Millennials. I've always enjoyed reading about this generation and discussing it in class as I feel there are a lot of interesting things going on with this specific generation. Is that narcissistic, considering...
  • Posted Research Using Subjects to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    I am currently taking a Marketing 3001 course. A requirement for the course is to participate in six different RUS studies - Research Using Subjects. For the most part, these studies are interesting. They are slotted as 30 minutes...
  • Posted A Look at Fast Food to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    This video discusses many different statistics regarding McDonald's fast food. Some are certainly interesting while others make me think twice about grabbing a burger on my bike ride home. Watch the video above to see what I mean! Some...
  • Posted Effects of Social Media on Children to Tanner's 3251 Research Blog
    We spend a lot of time in class citing social media to illustrate concepts or addressing the potential power it holds for consumers and brands alike. I think it's interesting to ask ourselves of the impact social media has...
  • Posted August 2nd - 7:45 to Noon to Walter Circulation
    Hello! I have been planning my annual Boundary Waters trip with a few friends and the only date that worked for everyone was starting on August 2nd. We are planning on leaving around 4 a.m. that morning and so I...
  • Posted July 23rd, 24th, & 26th to Walter Circulation
    Hello friends, I have been trying to plan a week that I can go home to catch up with the family and march into the wilderness to do some camping. I would really appreciate the help in picking up a...
  • Posted Thursday, June 14th: 6-9pm to Walter Circulation
    Hello, I have a wedding that I'm a part of this coming weekend and we have the Groom's Dinner Thursday night. I would really appreciate it if someone could cover my 6pm to 9pm 2nd desk shift this Thursday, June...
  • Commented on Tuesday - May 1st - Noon to 2pm
    Cool thank you! The shift has been added to the trade board....
  • Posted Tuesday - May 1st - Noon to 2pm to Walter Circulation
    Hello Friends! Something has come up during the end of my Tuesday, May 1st shift from noon to 2pm. I would really appreciate if someone could cover those last 2 hours all at the basement desk for me. Thank you...
  • Posted Wednesday, April 11th to Walter Circulation
    Dear Friends, I purchased a ticket for a great show on Wednesday, April 11th here in Minneapolis; however, I work 6 to midnight that day. I would really appreciate if someone could cover my shift! Thank you all, Tanner Uselmann...
  • Commented on November 20th
    Hey Alyse, I really appreciate the help but it looks like Kevin Blackburn picked up the whole shift. If you were looking for hours, perhaps you could see if you could split up parts of it with him. Thank you...
  • Posted November 20th to Walter Circulation
    I was recently offered a really cool opportunity to go to Chicago from the 18th to the 20th of November. I was hoping someone could pick up my Sunday; November 20th shift which is 6p.m. to midnight. I appreciate the...
  • Posted October 23rd to Walter Circulation
    Hey everyone, I was hoping someone could pick up my Sunday the 23rd, 6p.m. - midnight shift. I know it's short notice, but my parents are hoping to make it to the U that evening to visit and enjoy a...
  • Commented on What is your name again?
    I need one. Thanks, Mary. Tanner...
  • Posted April 30th to Walter Circulation
    Hello everybody, A really great guy allowed me to pick up a portion of his shift this coming Saturday, April 30th. I am, however, only able to cover 1-4p.m. for him, which leaves 4-7p.m. yet to be taken. It would...
  • Commented on RESPOND
    Got it....
  • Posted Friday October 22nd to Walter Circulation
    Hey everyone, This weekend I am going home and I work 7:45 to 2:00p.m. on Friday. If anyone could pick up any later portion of my shift or the whole shift for Friday, that would be super. From 10a.m. to...
  • Posted October 8th 10a.m. to 2 to Walter Circulation
    Hello! I am planning on going home October 8th and it would be really great if someone could pick up my shift on Friday 10:00a.m. to 2:00. Shannon was dear enough to take it from 7:45 to 10:00, so all...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from uselm007

Following

Not following anyone

Subscribe to Blog