Create Entry

lusty004

• Posted Final Thoughts on India to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    I find it difficult to put together a final impression on a nation that "officially" speaks 27 different languages, and can go through massive speech, climate, societal, and food changes from one part to another. It's been said that it...
  • Posted Development in India: Two Sides to the Coin to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    India's rapid expansion of a middle class is something marveled at by the rest of the world, with nearly 300,000,000 people making enough disposable income to buy cars, good housing, and consumer goods, both consumable and durable. This rapid pace...
  • Posted Visit to SAP: Not your dad's German software company to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    While in India, one of the companies I had the  privilege to visit was SAP. Given my interactions with their products, and their history and reputation as a no nonsense, all go and no show ERP provider for companies, I...
  • Posted KFC In India: Better than the US? to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    While at a mall yesterday, I had the chance to visit KFC with some classmates. Overall I enjoyed it, although I don't have much to compare it to, since I rarely visit KFC in the US.My first impression of the...
  • Posted Adventures in Indian Transportation to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    The trip we took from Delhi to Bangalore looked simple on paper. A 2 1/2 hour flight followed by an hour bus ride seemed quaint after flying for 7 hour stretches and busing for 4. But as it turns out,...
  • Posted India at First Glance to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    "What the hell?" That was the first thought running through my head as I sort of walked towards the bus at the Delhi airport, when a local grabbed my bag from my grasp and ran off towards the back of the...
  • Posted India Becoming, Part 2: Success comes at a terrible price in India. Was It worth It? That's up to You. to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    After finishing India Becoming, I found that the second half of the book is melancholy in comparison with the energetic, optimistic first half. While there are small mentions of the violence, pollution, and social upheaval that have come with India's...
  • Posted Facing the Challenges of Indian Growth to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    The substantial growth of the Indian economy in the past twenty years has been extremely well covered and documented. However, many of the articles that I read pointed toward problems associated with this growth in India. The most obvious problems...
  • Posted In India-Pakistan Conflicts, It All Depends on Perspective to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    I read an article from CNN that is a little dated (January 2013), but shows a good picture of the current state of affairs between Pakistan and India. The article discusses an attack by Indian military forces on a Pakistani outpost,...
  • Posted What is India Becoming? to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    One of the advantages of staying on campus over spring break is to have the chance to get ahead on reading material for class. On the flip side of that, a downside to reading a book three weeks before it...
  • Posted R.A. Mashelkar: Breakthrough designs for ultra-low-cost products to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    Engineer R.A. Mashelkar delivered a fascinating talk about the development of many different products that we take for granted as being expensive, for a very low cost. In what he frequently referred to as "Ghandian engineering", he reiterated his engineering...
  • Posted The First Glance at India to IBUS 3033W Sp13
    I admit I may have cheated a bit at the writing of this blog entry. Over spring break, I read through most of my assigned book for the class, India Becoming. I feel like I got some good insights from...
  • Posted Need a shift taken over spring break? Let me know! to Walter Circulation
    Hi folks! I realize many of you will likely have plans over spring break. Since I'll be on campus for it, I wanted to offer to take anyone's shifts that they don't want over the course of break. I already...
  • Posted Tomorrow Night (9/13) 5-7PM...Help! to Walter Circulation
    Hey folks! Want to help a guy out? Also want to make a couple bucks? Then listen up! I do volunteer work at the Raptor Center in St. Paul on Saturdays, feeding eagles and falcons and such. Unfortunately, they are...
  • Posted One Hour on Wednesday Nights? I'll Trade! (All Semester) to Walter Circulation
    Hey everyone, So I'm looking to get some help getting to some meetings on Wednesday nights. I'm in a student organization (Carlson Business Board), and I need to attend the meetings for the organization. They happen on Wednesday nights at...
  • Posted Hours next Saturday! to Walter Circulation
    Hey everyone, I'm looking to go home next weekend for the first time in about 6 months. It would be great if someone could take my shift next Saturday from 4PM-9PM, so I could do this. If anyone could possibly...
  • Commented on Walter Party!
    I think the 3rd or 4th would be better. Sounds exciting! :)...
  • Commented on RESPOND
    Got it!...
  • Posted HELP!!! to Walter Circulation
    Hey guys, I was hoping someone could take my shift tonight from 4 to 9. I'm in Maple Grove right now and my car won't start :( I'm posting on here because I can't seem to find anyones number. If...
  • Posted More Hours Up for Grabs! to Walter Circulation
    Hey everyone, It seems as if my weekends keep getting filled with things I have to do! I will be in Maple Grove from Thursday, February 10th to Sunday, February 13th looking after my uncle's dog. It would be great...
  • Posted Anyone up for a closing shift? to Walter Circulation
    Hey guys, I was curious if anyone would like to pick up a closing shift on the 29th. I'll be off campus this weekend, and would really appreciate it if someone could pick it up. It's from 4 to 9,...
  • Commented on So...anybody need hours?
    It's mostly desk work, and seeing as it is a Saturday, it should also be pretty quiet....
  • Posted So...anybody need hours? to Walter Circulation
    Hey folks! I was curious if anyone would be interested in working from 12PM-6PM for me on Saturday, January 8th. I have plans that weekend, and won't be near the cities. Sorry for the short notice! Leif...
  • Posted Next Thursday the 9th? to Walter Circulation
    Hey folks, I'm pretty new to this hours thing, but I need a little help here. I have a meet and greet to go to for an internship, from 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM. If someone would be willing to...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from lusty004

Following

Not following anyone

Subscribe to Blog