nordn004

• Commented on AHA Effectiveness
    After being involved in many sports leagues in my life, I know the most important part of every league is that it is competitive. Nobody likes to play a game in which they completely dominate every team they face and...
  • Commented on Culture in Sports
    I definitely agree with the point that Nathan touched on about Joel Maturi talking about the location of the organization and how much this affects the culture of an organization. In an area like Minnesota, everyone wants to be involved,...
  • Commented on Organizational Change
    I think revolutionary change is a very important topic for this class. I think revolutionary change is change that is in the public eye and it can either work out very well or it can be a huge disaster. It...
  • Commented on Organizational Decision Making
    I think there were some really good points made in this post. I think that the most important part of decision making in any organization is always leadership. As Dustin mentioned, leaders can not show uncertainty. If leaders begin to...
  • Commented on Pop Warner Organization
    I had heard of Pop Warner before this class but after reading this and listening to your presentation, I found out some new things about the organization. I did not know the organization also had a department for cheerleading. I...
  • Commented on Blog #4 Power & Politics
    I personally think that politics can cause more negatives in an organization because there are a lot of people within organizations who panic and make rash decisions because of different ideas coming in about how the organization should be run....
  • Commented on Power and Politics
    I find the discussion of power and politics surrounding the Olympic games is very interesting. We see that this can lead to corruption and this year we saw a lot of politicking around the bids for the 2016 Summer Olympics....
  • Commented on Importance of Culture
    I think culture is very important to any company and I think the example of Nike brings out a lot of important ideas about culture because it is such a complex organization. Nike is a global organization so they need...
  • Commented on Leadership and sport organizations
    After reading Tony's post, I really liked his example of the Boston Celtics. They had been a struggling team for so many years and were rarely in contention. They were always considered to be in a rebuilding state and as...
  • Commented on Culture
    I found this post very interesting seeing as I used the Oakland Raiders for my organizational evaluation. After researching the Raiders and all of the problems they have had of late, I totally agree that the main issues in the...
  • Posted Last day of presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    I found today's presentations very interesting. With the two Twins presentations back to back at the very beginning it was interesting to see some of the similarities and differences. I thought that it was interesting that they both addressed doing...
  • Posted Day 4 of presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    I really enjoyed day 4's presentations but I felt that some of the people at the end of class had to rush through their presentations. I enjoyed the presentation about the independent league baseball team because it was a smaller...
  • Posted Day 3 of presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    I think most of the presentations went well today. Some of them were a little long and they all had a lot of information but for the most part they were enjoyable. I like Tony's choice of the Saints for...
  • Posted Day 2 of presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    I thought that it was very interesting to see an evaluation of nike and adidas today. These are the two major companies in the sporting goods industry so it was interesting to see how they do things differently and what...
  • Posted Organizational Philosophy to Organization and Management of Sport
    At the beginning of this course, when I thought of Organizational Effectiveness all I thought that mattered was how a team performed on the field. If a team was winning games and championships, I thought that the team should be...
  • Posted Day 1 of Presentations to Organization and Management of Sport
    Overall I thought all of the presentations today were very good, especially as examples for everyone else in the class. I especially liked Andre's presentation about the University of Minnesota Basketball team. Being a basketball manager, Andre used this to...
  • Posted Supersonics Move to Organization and Management of Sport
    I found the video about the Supersonics moving from Seattle to Oklahoma City very interesting. There were many things that the organization had to deal with during this major process. First of all they dealt with a change in ownership...
  • Posted Culture to Organization and Management of Sport
    Organizational culture is a very interesting topic. There are many different aspects involved in the discussion of culture. Most often, culture is defined as the shared ideas, beliefs and values. Culture plays a big part in all sports organizations. I...
  • Posted Athletic Department Merger to Organization and Management of Sport
    The Athletic Department merger was very interesting because it provided a real life example for a lot of issues we discussed throughout the semester. I personally did not know the athletic department had separate departments for men and women. I...
  • Posted Kenny Mauer to Organization and Management of Sport
    I would honestly say that Kenny Mauer was one of the best guest speakers I have ever had speak to my class. He was willing to share almost everything with us and wasn't afraid to state his opinions on some...
  • Posted Change to Organization and Management of Sport
    Change is constantly happening in all organizations and it can be handled in many ways. In doing my organizational analysis about the Oakland Raiders I have noticed that they have been dealing with a large amount of change of late...
  • Posted Environment to Organization and Management of Sport
    After reading about the different components of an organization's environment, I think it can have a major influence on decisions made by any organization. There are a few different types of environmental factors. There are political or legal factors. there...
  • Posted Power to Organization and Management of Sport
    Power has a major impact on every organization in sports. Every organization in sports is pretty much in front of the public eye. It is very easy for fans to make a judgment on whether a team is successful or...
  • Posted The Leaping Lizards: Ryan Nordness, Ben Masnado, and Alyssa Otto to Organization and Management of Sport
    Group notes: 1. Athletic Director and Boosters Coaches and Student Athletes 2. performance on the field -winning/goals for the season -player/coaches integrity (team personnel) -pride education -maintaining eligibility -team GPA -graduation rate ethics -balancing right and wrong -win at all...
  • Posted Organizational Structure to Organization and Management of Sport
    The three most common dimensions of organizational structure are complexity, formalization, and centralization. Complexity describes the way in which an organization is differentiated. The three types of differentiation in sports are horizontal, vertical, and spatial. Sport Organizations are horizontally differentiated...
  • Posted Organizational Effectiveness to Organization and Management of Sport
    I think the key to any successful organization is having a good leader. A leader sets an example for the rest of the organization. The people underneath the leaders take all of their cues from the people above them because...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from nordn004