perm0012

• Posted 12/8/09 to Organization and Management of Sport
    I was very interested in the presentations today. I thought Ryan did a very good job with the Oakland Raiders organization. He did a nice job of showing an ineffective organization which is different from what everyone has been doing....
  • Posted 12/3/09 to Organization and Management of Sport
    Today's presentations went well. All of the presenters completed their own analysis in a precise and timely manner. With there being so many presentations I will not cover each one, but will cover them collectively. The baseball presenters seemed to...
  • Posted 11/24/09 to Organization and Management of Sport
    The presentations today were very well done. The Minnesota Hockey presentation had some great points and background because she has worked at Mariucci. Same goes for the Minnesota high school organization where he was an athlete and now coaches. I...
  • Posted 11/19/09 to Organization and Management of Sport
    The first day of presentations were very well done, especially considering they were the first group of presenters and did not have a visible example to go by. I felt for the most part that the presenters did a sufficient...
  • Posted All the wrong moves to Organization and Management of Sport
    A group of many people made up the central decision making of Nutrorim. The top management was made up of too many impatient people that were not on the same page. Different people had different problems with how decisions were...
  • Posted Organizational Decision Making to Organization and Management of Sport
    Decision making is what keeps an organization running effectively from day to day. There are also important decisions that need to be made for the big picture of the organization. The day to day decisions are programmed decisions that are...
  • Posted Organizational Culture to Organization and Management of Sport
    Organizational culture is made up of a number of different aspects of the organization. The book lists values, beliefs, basic assumptions, and shared understandings as a few of these aspects. Organizations are also defined by characteristics such as stories, myths,...
  • Posted Organizational Leadership to Organization and Management of Sport
    The context of an organization has an important impact on the leadership of the organization. The people of an organization need to be receptive of the message a leader is presenting, and the leaders of an organization need to structure...
  • Posted Organizational Change to Organization and Management of Sport
    Change is something that is never ending in any organization. In a sport organization, changes are usually publicized and can be harder to cope with when everyone is scrutinizing the change. There are several kinds of change including technological, structural,...
  • Posted Managing Organizational Conflict to Organization and Management of Sport
    From the book, March and Simon define conflict as a "breakdown in the standard mechanisms of decision making so that an individual or group experiences difficulty in selecting an action alternative." In my own words, I would say that conflict...
  • Posted Power and Politics to Organization and Management of Sport
    There are different forms of power and politics that our book talks about. Legitimate power is the power a person has determined by their title. The amount of power comes from the position only, and has nothing to do with...
  • Posted Organizational Environment to Organization and Management of Sport
    I learned from the book that every organization has three environments; the general environment, the task environment, and the perceived environment. The general environment of a company is the basic structure of the organization and how it is operated. The...
  • Posted Organizational Strategy to Organization and Management of Sport
    The process of incorporating Canadian schools into Division I athletic membership is one that would take a very well thought out short and long term strategy. First of all, the NCAA could find schools, probably in the Midwest for less...
  • Posted NESCAC Case Study to Organization and Management of Sport
    Kristen Dockery Dustin Permann Laura Schnell Team Org. Man The common goals of the NESCAC include: Intercollegiate athletic programs were to be kept in harmony with the essential academic purpose of member institutions, competing players were to be representatives of...
  • Posted Organizational Structure to Organization and Management of Sport
    I used the example of the Minnesota Vikings to provide an organizational structure to analyze. The coaching organization is what I focused on, and a lot of the information from this week applies to this sport organization. The structure is...
  • Posted Effective Organizations to Organization and Management of Sport
    An effective organization starts with a successful manager. A successful manager understands organizations, and in particular sport organizations. As we discussed in class, a sport organizations is defined by five key elements. The first, a social entity, is the people...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from perm0012