Alyssa Wiebusch

• Commented on 12/8/09
    I agree with Dustin that the two presenters today did a good job of showing what an ineffective organization is like. It seems as though both organizations have been ineffective for a long time. This makes me wonder a) how...
  • Commented on Organization Environment
    Jamie poses the question: For the teams that had to leave their cities due to ineffectiveness of the organization, what could they have done to prevent it? I believe that when an owner of an organization begins to see it's...
  • Commented on Blog 10
    I can relate to Laura's comment about how much the general and task environments can effect an organization. While being on the outside of most sport organizations, it's not likely for one to consider the socio-cultural factors that influence an...
  • Commented on BAHAMAS TOURNAMENT!
    It was interesting to read Emily's blog after reading Kristen's blob on the same tournament. Both agreed that the tournament was efficient and successful, however they approached it from different views. It was cool to see what Emily thought made...
  • Commented on Leadership
    Alexa uses good examples to support her argument of the role of leadership in an organization and how an organization must adjust it's leadership styles in order to be effective. I like her example of America changing to a more...
  • Commented on Organizational Culture
    Dono0115 has a good understanding of what culture means for those involved inside the organization. However, for most organizations, the culture inside (for employees) differs greatly from what spectators/fans see as the culture. He defines culture as describing the psychology,...
  • Posted Presentations Dec 10th to Organization and Management of Sport
    I thought the presentations as a whole were very interesting today. It was neat to see two presentations on the Twins back-to-back. It was evident that both had valid research, but both presentations were different from each other. It didn't...
  • Commented on Culture
    I found Brian's analysis of culture to be very intriguing because he used an issue that was recently discussed in our class to portray a new topic. With the knowledge of Joel Maturi's culture-beliefs and the culture of both men's...
  • Commented on Decision Making
    I like that Andre took a personal approach to analyzing decision making in an organization. I chose to approach it another way, but by reading Andre's examples of each term, I better understood them. It was also interesting that he...
  • Posted Presentations Dec 8th to Organization and Management of Sport
    I thought today was the best day of presentations thus far. The presentation on the Pittsburgh Pirates was done tremendously. Not only did Brian explain each aspect of effectiveness thoroughly, but he did so in a way that portrayed how...
  • Posted Presentations-Day 3 to Organization and Management of Sport
    The presentations today as a whole were very well put together. There was a wide assortment of organizations analyzed which kept the presentations interesting all class long. Parker's presentation was interesting to me because he was so informed about the...
  • Posted Organizational Effectiveness Philosophy - revised (Blog #5) to Organization and Management of Sport
    Through the concepts learned in class and research of the organizational structure of an actual sport organization, I've learned several concepts and methods that will help a sport organization operate effectively. Initially, I believed an organization with a fun environment...
  • Posted Presentations-Day 1 to Organization and Management of Sport
    I really enjoyed all of the presentations on Thursday. I found Andre's presentation of Gopher Basketball to be especially interesting. He conducted his speech in a way that kept my attention the whole time, and he shared a lot of...
  • Posted Organizational Decision Making to Organization and Management of Sport
    Making a quality, well-thought-out decision is extremely important in an organization. Certain decisions may have the power to make or break the manager's job, or even the organization as a whole. Peter Drucker states, "a decision is a judgement...a choice...
  • Posted Organizational Culture to Organization and Management of Sport
    In defining culture, I would agree most with Sathe's definition, "a set of important understanding that members of a community share in common". During my employment with the Lunkers baseball organization, I learned a lot about the importance of culture...
  • Posted Blog 4: Leadership to Organization and Management of Sport
     I believe leadership is one of the most important factors in an organization. Leadership can be affected by the structure, culture, environment, actors and processes in an organization. This winter, I have been fortunate enough to have the opportunity to...
  • Posted Organizational Change to Organization and Management of Sport
    The ability of a sport organization to accept and execute change within their organization is an extremely beneficial quality to have in order to be successful. Slack and Parent touch on all aspects of organizational change in Chapter 12 including:...
  • Posted Power and Politics to Organization and Management of Sport
    Power and politics are direct factors in the success of an organization. Power, as defined by Slack and Parent, is "the ability to get someone to do something they would not have otherwise done". Power can not be seen, but...
  • Posted Sport Organizations and their Environments to Organization and Management of Sport
    The environment of a sport organization is arguably the most important task that organization will face. The organization must adapt to the environment, and manage accordingly in order to be successful. The term 'environment' can be loosely defined as "everything...
  • Posted Strategic Change Case Study to Organization and Management of Sport
    Power: 1. There needs to be one person that is appointed the leader of the entire organization to be the final factor in decision making. 2. Each group within the organization must appoint one person in their group to be...
  • Posted Organizational Strategy to Organization and Management of Sport
    Organizational structure is another aspect that leads to organizational effectiveness and success. Strategy can be defined as the goals and objectives of an organization and also the ways in which those goals can be achieved. Three important factors that...
  • Posted Organizational Structure to Organization and Management of Sport
    As we've learned over the last few chapters, there are a lot of features that contribute to effectiveness in a sport organization. One major aspect that can contribute to effectiveness is the structure of the organization. A well-balanced structure will...
  • Posted What makes a Sport Organization Effective? to Organization and Management of Sport
    When thinking about what makes an organization effective, several key traits come to mind. Some are fairly basic principles, other more in-depth. Slack and Parent describe several aspects of an effective sport organization, and also 4 approaches to organizational effectiveness....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Alyssa Wiebusch