Jill Haom

• Posted Turning in what I got to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    I recently talked to my advisor and found out she was recently approved for another grant, which is amazing and exciting. The bad new for me is that my project will more than likely change direction. Everything is due this...
  • Posted Proposal Progress to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    The methods section of my paper is slowly coming together and after talking to my advisor it seems I will be going in the right direction. In class last week assisted my understanding of stats in a mixed methods proposal...
  • Commented on Progress of the draft
    I felt that defining of terms was not necessary until I had got the comments back from my peer review and Dr. Kihl. I was assuming that the individuals that were reading my purposal already were experts in my field...
  • Commented on Progress of the draft
  • Posted Methods to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    Although my methods may be subject to change once I present to my mentor, our conversations last week and suggestions helped me mold it to a more stable foundation. The information found in Creswell was helpful in regards to a...
  • Commented on Progress...
    My progress is slower than I would like as well because there is really nothing out there specific to my topic. I found the outline to be helpful as well and even though I stopped collecting articles I still may...
  • Posted Articles and Progress to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    Reviewing the articles in class seemed to give me some direction into the methods section. Looking at the strengths and limitations of a other studies outside of what I am doing my literature review on gave me some perspective. My...
  • Commented on Lit Review
    I am running into a similiar situation. I also have a lack of support from peer reviewed articles because there just is nothing out there. I am sure that the result of you not finding anything is where you can...
  • Posted Lit Review to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    I am trying to outline my lit review and it is off to a rocky start. I have not found hardly any articles for physical activity of Native American youth and relationships to health disparities (i.e. diabetes). The majority of...
  • Commented on Mandy Krings
    I think this is an interesting topic. I also think this topic is one that need to be explored and quickly. There are so many individuals that are on early onset for CAD and other chronic diseases because of smoking...
  • Favorited Luke Silovich's Research problem and question on Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
  • Posted Research Problem to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    Physical activity plays a major role in prevention of chronic diseases such as Type 2 diabetes, hypertension, obesity, as well as the promotion of positive development. Physical activity behaviors have been shown to distribute across individuals' lifespan; healthy, active children...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Jill Haom