gilbe674

• Posted Gender Similarities and Differences to Psychology of Coaching Class Blog
    There is no doubt that there has been a rise in numbers of female athletes playing sports. "In 1973, one in nine girls played high school sports (11%); 25 years later, in 1998, the number was one in three (33%)....
  • Posted Imagery and Physical Relaxation to Psychology of Coaching Class Blog
    Mental training is just like any other type of training, it takes practice and imagery and physical relaxation are two great tools to use as part of mental training as an athlete. Imagery is a form of mental practice and...
  • Posted Introduction To Psychological Skills to Psychology of Coaching Class Blog
    In most cases we would hope that being involved in athletics is supposed to be fun. Sure winning is important, but not loosing the focus on enjoying yourself is just as important, and that goes for coaches and athletes. Anderson...
  • Posted Developing Athlete Leadership, Team Cohesion and the Age of Millenials to Psychology of Coaching Class Blog
    Leadership is a key ingredient to having a successful team. There are two types of leaders, leaders by example and vocal leaders. Regardless of which category they fall into these leaders are the heart and sole of your team. Janssen...
  • Posted Hazing and Homophobia to Psychology of Coaching Class Blog
    In watching the documentary Training Day I was pretty shocked to see that situations regarding homophobia were happening on such a regular basis and at a large and successful university such as Penn State. It's a topic I haven't thought...
  • Posted Parental Behavior to Psychology of Coaching Class Blog
    As stated by LaVoi, Omli, & Wiese-Bjornstal (2008) "as one of the most powerful societal institutions, sport impacts children, youth, families and communities. Organized youth sports can provide a positive, meaningful context for youth development and family engagement". Along with...
  • Posted Testing to Psychology of Coaching Class Blog
    I'm not posting a blog for Motivation today, just testing to make sure I have this figured out. I think I do....
  • Commented on First Class!
    I'm also having trouble figuring out how to post something. I can't seem to find a button to click to create my own post, only to comment. Regardless I will not be doing a post for motivation today....
  • Commented on Progress
    I had all of my information on paper on Sunday and have spent the last few days making revisions and whatnot. I was getting frustrated as well with constantly making changes. I finally just got to the point where 1)...
  • Commented on Research proposal
    I agree with you in the fact that once I finally sat down to create my presentation I had a hard time at first narrowing down my information from my paper to fit into a few slides to present on....
  • Posted There's a light at the end of the tunnel to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    The progress I made over the weekend, was finally getting everything down on paper and also realizing that a lot of the things that I didn't have a clue about before are now starting to make some sense to me....
  • Commented on Progress
    I know I already commented on yours, but have you thought about using the Writing Center on Campus, they have walk-in times that are available, but if you're lucky you can probably find an opening if you check often to...
  • Commented on Getting Close
    I think the idea of looking over your outline is great. I had an original outline and then went through as I read my paper, but now have redone my outline to make sure that I have covered all of...
  • Posted Progress yet again to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    Well if anyone has noticed, I've posted three times now today alone. And I've been through a roller coaster of emotions it seems. I am doing an action research study on the failing small businesses and as part of my...
  • Posted Frustration to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    As I continue to move through different areas of my proposal, it seems that once I reread them they just don't sound as good as they did when I wrote them the first time. I'm having a hard time continuing...
  • Posted Progress to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    I've gone back and looked through my lit review and I think it does a pretty good job of covering the areas I want to focus on. My biggest issue (that I know of) is making sure that my paper...
  • Commented on Progress
    I agree, that when I get my information down it sounds good at the time, and then when I go back and review it, it just doesn't seem right in some areas, which is frustrating knowing that there's not a...
  • Commented on Progress
    Sounds like you are nearing the end. That is great to hear. I will be glad when I am at the same stage. I'm glad I've got a bit more time before I present and also to hand in the...
  • Commented on Progression
    I am in a similar boat as you. I have most of my information on paper, but just trying to make sure it flows well is where I'm having some problems. I'd like to get what I think is pretty...
  • Commented on Peer Review
    I agree, that the peer review was helpful and that another one would be beneficial, but since there's not much time yet, I plan to get my paper to Dr. Kihl within the next couple of days to have her...
    It seems like every time I re-read portions of my paper I keep wanting to change things. Which I suppose is a good thing, but I just keep rethinking it from a different angle and I suppose it's like the...
  • Favorited Methods on Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
  • Commented on Progress of the draft
    Hi Naveen, like you the definition of terms was something I had not thought about. I guess when you are so used to using the same terms in your vocabulary you forget to think about an outside person reading it...
  • Commented on Methods
    Being that this is my first research paper I find that like you determining what is actually supposed to be in my paper is my biggest issue. My peer review and my meeting with Dr. Kihl helped me quite a...
  • Commented on Methods
    It sounds like you have made a lot of progress on your paper and I agree that the peer review was helpful as well as the input from our professors and being able to determine if I was even on...
  • Commented on Methods
    Everyone's comments regarding your post are helpful. I guess I never thought about getting in contact with Dr. Ross, but I have him has a professor as well and will most likely try to get some final advice from him...
  • Commented on methods
    Hi Luke. I can see your issue with determining which interview guide to create first. I think it's a good idea to create two separate interview guides especially if they aren't going to be the same questions for the different...
  • Commented on Methods
    I think it's a good idea that you are wanting to use a different method in order to collect your data rather than just sticking to what your lit has shown that they have used in the path. I can't...
  • Posted Moving forward to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    Well I met with Dr. Kihl last week and I feel much better about where I'm at with things now. She gave me some really good feedback and explained quite a few things to me that I was really struggling...
  • Commented on Writing
    I like your idea of using the outline and then inserting the articles that you want to use for those areas because they are relevant to that topic. I am definitely going to try to do that. I agree that...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from gilbe674