Julie Schwengler

• Commented on Progress
    I also found that I needed to make a major change in my procedures. I am proposing using an online survey, and some of the types of questions that I was going to ask did not link to my research...
  • Posted Presentation to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    I agree that after listening to other's presentations, I feel more prepared to do my own. The part of my research proposal and presentation that I have been most worried about is the sampling and data analysis in my methods....
  • Commented on Methods
    It sounds like you have a good grasp on your methods section. Do you mind if I ask where you are getting help with your survey and the statistics? This, too, is the hardest part of my proposal and any...
  • Commented on Intro and progress
    I can understand why you would want to start your introduction with a quote, but I really think that Creswell has it right when he says not to start with one. If you look at Introductions of some of the...
  • Posted Methods to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    This weekend I have really tried to get into my methods section and make some progress. I am looking at how augmention events (such as fesivals, expos, post-race parties, etc.) influence people's choice of marathon. In my literature that I...
  • Posted Lit Review to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    I have been lagging with my lit review after falling behind at the beginning of the month. Finally, after a weekend of work, I feel like I have made some progress and really understand how all of my research articles...
    In looking for articles for my literature review, I have found that most articles cover topics about consumer behavior and motivations for spectating. I have found it difficult to find articles about participatory sport and consumer choices. I need to...
  • Commented on Nick Janasik Research Problem
    This is a great topic that will be helpful for many people, not just in the field of college recruiting. I admit that I have interest in this topic, as I oversee our elite recruiting at work. It would be...
  • Commented on Kelsey Savoie
    Kelsey- Your research is very similar to what I am planning. In a non-profit world, the factors that motivate participants may or may not be different that those in the for-profit world. I think that you can get more specific...
  • Posted Research problem/questions to Research Methodology in Kinesiology, Recreation, and Sport
    Research problem: As an event manager for Twin Cities Marathon, Inc., I have observed a trend in the racing business where offering a race is no longer enough for participants. The market is becoming oversaturated and in order to maintain...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Julie Schwengler