Mindy McGrew

• Posted Living on college campuses in the movies to the real deal to Carlson Student Blogs
    We all have seen the movies about college and how perfect they make it work. The residence halls look like hotels, the campus is spotless, you meet your best friends instantly the moment you move in, and you get the...
  • Commented on Mental Illness Awareness
    This definitely freaks me out too! I've seen friends end up having depression, and it's weird, it almost seems like it comes out of no where. People can hide it so easily too! Hopefully this won't happen to me, but...
  • Commented on Mint, Dwight?
    I love The Office! Even though I don't always get to watch it, the show is just too funny! I can't say I've seen the episode, but I loved the clip! I definitely agree how T.V. shows can help make...
  • Commented on Dangerous and Exciting
    I really enjoyed reading your post! I am the exact same way, by no means am I a reckless person, but living a little on the danger side never hurts! AND, i love roller coasters. It's funny because when I...
  • Commented on When do we first "get familiar" with ourselves?!
    Your post was very interesting. I definitely can't remember when I first could "recognize" myself. But now when I think about babies and what happens when you put them in front of mirrors I can see when the change really...
  • Commented on Control Your Dreams & Live Your Fantasies!
    I really enjoyed reading your post! I wish I was one of those people that could remember my dreams, but I hardly do. I have so many friends that can describe their dreams so vividly, and I am always envious...
  • Commented on Man on the Moon
    It's interesting to think how much we really do experience pareidolia without even realizing it. I don't know how many times I've mistaken something in the dark for a person, and of course, I always get freaked out. I know...
  • Posted The Business World to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    As boring as it sounds, I imagine 5 years from now I will be working for some big corporation with a typical office, with typical business clothing, and with a typical day-to-day. Even though it doesn't sound like I would...
  • Commented on worst.weight.loss.plan.ever.
    I remember hearing about this diet on 60 minutes, i think. It's so interesting to hear how harmful it can be when it seemed to be effective for the people they were talking about. I even looked into it but...
  • Commented on Love
    I'm not in a relationship, but I feel like most people I have been in a relationship with has been someone with the same marry for love view. It's interesting to think about how you are in a way limited...
  • Commented on Calculating your Happiness with a Formula
    I really enjoyed reading your post! I had no idea there was an equation to being happy, but when you think about it, all of what Haidt describes is what makes you happy at the end of the day. It's...
  • Commented on Being Strict isn't Always the Trick
    My parents are also permissive! Like you said, if my parents would have raised me in a different style it would not have been as effective. I have been able to make my own decisions and learn from whatever the...
  • Posted Were you ever spanked as a kid? to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    Punishing a child brings up many controversial methods. What is considered appropriate? What is crossing the lines? Which type of punishment is actually effective? Spanking is a well-known "positive" punishment that is used here in our society, but it is...
  • Commented on So who is this Father Figure?
    Your post seemed to hit it dead on in the case of my parents. Except I feel like recently I have actually gone to my dad about more emotional things as well. Maybe that's just part of growing up. I...
  • Commented on How Did Your Parents Raise You?
    Since I personally know your parents, and have known you since we were about 10, I can definitely say that sounds exactly like your parents! It for sure sounds like mine too. It is interesting to compare how parents are,...
  • Commented on How many languages can you identify in this cartoon?
    I really could only identify 3 languages, but I feel like I could have guessed the other two. I love the cartoon, by the way. It made me laugh. But I totally agree with what you're saying. I've always found...
  • Commented on 50 First Dates Though?
    I love this movie! It's so crazy to think that this can actually happen. I couldn't even imagine how I would cope if this was me. It's cool that we now have a better understanding of what caused Barrymore to...
  • Commented on Difficult Decision? I Think Not...
    I definitely agree with and02471. We are constantly surrounded by this type of conditioning and it goes unnoticed all of the time. I feel like we are simply just use to it now unless there is something really different about...
  • Commented on Cetacea Skills
    It's so crazy to think about what operant conditioning can do! Shamu's performance at sea world is so impressive. These mammals are all so intelligent. I feel like we don't always give them the credit they deserve. Even if we...
  • Commented on You Could Walk On This Water!
    I love seeing these sidewalk drawings at the most random times! They are so incredible. I could only ever dream about being able to draw this well and creating one that was so believable. I agree with the size constancy...
  • Commented on Option 1 or Option 2? Your Brain Already Made the Decision for You
    It's weird to think about these questions, and I feel like I think about them about them at the most random times. I can definitely see how this is true though. I feel like I sometimes have made a decision...
  • Posted Impossible Structures and their Vanishing Points to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    I have always found paintings and different forms of art so interesting. It always seems like the artist is just waiting for you to find the hidden message they put there. They all just have little secrets, which why I...
  • Commented on Alcoholic: Born or Raised an Addict?
    Your blog was very interesting! It gave me comfort knowing that I won't automatically have a destiny of being an alcoholic coming from a family where there is a history of alcoholism. You're picture was also hilarious! It's intriguing to...
  • Commented on Luckily, Mom Isn't Always Right...
    I have the same problem with my asian mom. She always is on my back about my eating schedule. I feel like I need to send her your blog, so maybe she will leave me alone about it! It's so...
  • Posted Cocktail Party to Psy 1001 section 22 Spring 2012
    I would never have thought a cocktail party could be related to psychology in any way. It turns out in chapter 4 that they do just this. Chapter 4 consists of an explanation on "how we sense and conceptualize the...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Mindy McGrew