Derek Krouch

• Posted Capstone Courses: Wrapping up your Major to Carlson Student Blogs
     As you embark on your many years of college as a young adult, eventually you have to declare a major. In Carlson, each major has a corresponding capstone course that is usually taken as the final course in a major...
  • Posted Designing a Vessel/Utensil for Thanksgiving - Bread & Butter Board to Food + Design 1715
    During our next Food+Design assignment, we were to make a unique Vessel or utensil for Thanksgiving. I thought this was an interesting take on the class direction, as traditionally we have created some form of food/product, but I still definitely...
  • Posted The Plate as a Canvas to Food + Design 1715
    After receiving the assignment #3 of utilizing the plate as a canvas by manipulating cake with various design principles, I realized that I could congregate a lot of the different techniques we learned in class to apply to our plating....
  • Posted Amuse bouche Exploration to Food + Design 1715
    Blog 2.1: Brainstorming After conducting a bit of research on what 'amuse bouche' is, I quickly learned that it is a single, bite-sized hors doeuvre. I had never heard of the phrase prior to class, and I now know that...
  • Posted Blog 1.6 - The Finale to Food + Design 1715
    I wanted to write a short blog post on the final adjustments I made during the day of the critique. Going into the day, I was really tired due to a lot of student group obligations in combination with papers...
  • Posted Blog 1.5: Stir-Fry Rice Balls to Food + Design 1715
    After creating the stir-fry 'ants on a log', I decided that I wanted to try a similar direction, but instead, some sort of appetizer dish with stir-fry rice balls. Going through my groceries, i decided to use sweet petters, broccoli,...
  • Posted Blog 1.4: Adjustments to Food + Design 1715
    Thinking about ways I could adjust my dish, I thought to myself, "maybe I could scale the size of the veggies down"? Through these thoughts, it got me thinking - the sauce needs to also be simplified. There is too...
  • Posted Blog 1.3: Frying Up some Veggies to Food + Design 1715
    After coming off a lackluster and bland tasting initial creation, I decided to try and move towards another idea I had, which was a play on the snack 'ants on a log'. I looked into my fridge and found that...
  • Posted Blog 1.2: Rice and Broccoli (Attempt) to Food + Design 1715
    This week, I started to try some experimenting with some of the ingredients I had readily available in my fridge. I really wanted to see what I could do with different variations of water levels in rice with my rice...
  • Posted Blog 1.1: Experimenting with Rice and my Favorite Foods to Food + Design 1715
    As I got home from school today, I realized that my favorite foods as of recent was having vegetables mixed with a variety of sauces to please my hunger. I also have enjoyed cooking rice in my new rice...
  • Posted Navigating the Career Fair: Lessons in Persistence & Experience to Carlson Student Blogs
    I know we've all had that moment -one of the first few weeks of the semester where we are scrambling to edit our resum├ęs, start having our friends & the Undergraduate Business Career Center set us up on a handful...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Derek Krouch