Andy Garcia

• Commented on Environmental | Copyright | Shannen Pickens
    I think it's becoming more and more clear that the marketing of "green-ness", using the word or the color, is running out of all uniqueness and energy. There are appropriate uses for it, but overuse through competition really waters it...
  • Commented on Pleasure / Other / Laura Anderson
    The psychological and emotive effects of designs is an area that is of great interest to me. It seems that in recent years there has been more talk about this sort of thing, what with Donald Norman writing his thoughts...
  • Posted Innovation - Financial - Andy Garcia to DHA 4365W
    The first thing that came to my mind as a topic for this post is how innovation in design could affect the value of companies and brands. However, this seemed somewhat trite and vague for me to write about and...
  • Commented on Children - Environmental - Paul Carroll
    Environmental education for our generation? I only remember a creepy Sesame Street animation of a fish in a bowl reprimanding a girl over the telephone for leaving the water running while brushing her teeth. Practical education can only improve from...
  • Commented on Minimalization | Personal | Kaitlin Reiss
    Sleep is important for reducing stress and doing our best. I think we all know this, whether or not we act upon it or say so. This was an important topic to post, as it is something we are dealing...
  • Posted Innovation - Social - Andy Garcia to DHA 4365W
    Society. Even if we say that design always ends up being perceived and reacted to by individuals, it is within society that this takes place. Changes (innovations) will always be affected by social factors. For this post I decided to...
  • Commented on Pleasure / Financial / Laura Anderson
    Sorry, I meant to write "effects", wrote the verb instead....
    I think it's interesting that you looked at pleasure and profit from the perspective of the company and its employees. I agree that letting people enjoy their work, and feel alive while in a work environment, can have positive financial...
  • Posted Innovation - Personal - Andy Garcia to DHA 4365W
    Two areas can be addressed in the context of personal design innovation. The first is design for individuals, for persons. Design is seen and used by a person. The second is how we design for ourselves--what personal gain comes from...
  • Posted Links (SEGD, infographics, other) to DHA 4365W
    If you look around while walking inside or outside, you'll notice that the environments we spend so much of our time in could really use the attention of graphic designers to increase convenience, usability, and safety while reducing ugliness. We...
  • Posted Innovation - Environmental - Andy Garcia to DHA 4365W
    The American Heritage Dictionary defines innovation as the act of introducing something new. As designers, we consider ourselves to be familiar with innovation, because introducing new things into the world is part of what we do. Though design fields may...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Andy Garcia

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page