holtz067

• Commented on Cost Effectiveness | Personal | Gus Holtz
    You know Paul, I totally agree. I guess I kind of failed to mention this in my actual post, but I think time management is really all about striking a balance between your various activities, not about focusing on one...
  • Commented on Efficiency/Environmental/DaneThomforde
    As designers, I personally feel that efficiency is a key element in being a little more environmentally friendly. A lot of that stems from eliminating waste and removing unnecessary elements to design, whether it be cutting down on the amount...
  • Commented on Inspiration | Social | Evan Stremke
    It's funny that you compare Obama and McCain now, mostly because McCain is running again for his senate seat, and having learned his lesson from the 2008 election, completely revamped his brand. Honestly, it's much, much better. http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/mccain_lesson_learned.php I totally...
  • Posted Cost Effectiveness | Environmental | Gus Holtz to DHA 4365W
    Often times, when one thinks of cost effectiveness and the environment, one thinks of how environmentalism and "going green" cuts into cost efficiency. In certain cases, this might be true, particularly when looking at the issue in terms of pure...
  • Posted Cost Effectiveness | Personal | Gus Holtz to DHA 4365W
    There's a saying in life that goes something like this: "Time is money." And if there's one thing that I've learned throughout my college career, that phrase might be it. Trying to find the time for school, work, friends,...
  • Commented on Marketing / Environmental / Matt Wenger
    I find this topic about "Green marketing" and whether it can actually exist is really interesting. Just a few days ago the New York Times published this article: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/05/arts/05iht-design5.html?ref=design It's about the color green and how reproduction of the color...
  • Posted Cost Effectiveness | Social | Gus Holtz to DHA 4365W
    As designers, when you think about cost efficiency from a social perspective, what comes to mind? Twitter ? Facebook? Healthcare? From a purely cost effective and social standpoint, healthcare couldn't fit in any better. A quick look at the healthcare...
  • Commented on Education | Social | Ellen Risch-Boody
    I really hate to re-hash everything that's already been said, but I definitely agree that expanding our educational horizon is a good thing. I personally feel that the more knowledge you possess, the more well-rounded of a person you will...
  • Posted Cost Effectiveness / Financial / Gus Holtz to DHA 4365W
    \ˈkȯst-ə-ˈfek-tiv, -ˌfek-\ : economical in terms of tangible benefits produced by money spent To put it in perspective, what I essentially pulled from this definition is that the money or capital invested in a project/venture will be outpaced by...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from holtz067

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page