Josh Larson

• Commented on Waste /Personal/ Clarissa Kramer
    I think that it is important to remember that there are more levels to reducing your carbon footprint. I always get confused when I am trying to help the environment because I find myself thinking about the production of all...
  • Posted Joshua Larson | Empowerment | Other to DHA 4365W
    Let's talk social media: How empowering? How interconnected? How insane? In a crazy cool book by Dave Evans founder of Digital Voodoo, an expert in social marketing, he states, "Building on the personal empowerment and liberation that the internet offers,...
  • Posted Joshua Larson | Empowerment | Environmental to DHA 4365W
    The BeGreen campaign is just one example of the incredibly forward moving society that we are all a part of. Taking ideas that stem from renewal of energy, reducing our waste, tracking carbon footprints and reusing materials to benefit the...
  • Commented on Awareness | Personal | Lindsey Ward
    This is so extremely important and it goes hand in hand with networking. Just think about all of the connections that are made on a day-to-day basis in a design class. All of us definitely have strengths and weaknesses, and...
  • Commented on Disability | Financial | Shannon Kennedy
    I mentioned a little bit about this in class, but it is really cool all of the data that is out there that has to do with human factors and considerations fr all walks of life and for all types...
  • Commented on Innovation - Financial - Andy Garcia
    I think that this is so important in our society right now. As do-it-yourself tasks are taking off, it is really interesting that the most successful companies are creating their own version of it. It is such a great marketing...
  • Commented on Waste /Other/ Clarissa Kramer
    I like that you pointed this out. I think that it is really important that we know and are conscience of the waste that is produced on a daily basis, not only with actual resources, but even with conceptual things...
  • Commented on Children - Environmental - Paul Carroll
    I think this is really interesting, because I just commented on Myhli's blog which has to do with advertising and marketing to children which is such an interesting topic in and of itself. This ties directly into what her conversation...
  • Commented on Children | Financial | Myhli Her
    This is completely relevant Myhli, both of my sister are Nanny's and they are constantly pressured by the kinds that they Nanny to get them things that they see on t.v. and in school and such. I think that it...
  • Posted Joshua Larson | Empowerment | Personal to DHA 4365W
    Empowerment as stated before refers to increasing the spiritual, political, social or economic strength of individuals and communities. It often involves the empowered developing confidence in their own capacities. There are often really good things that come out of empowerment....
  • Posted Joshua Larson | Empowerment | Financial to DHA 4365W
    Empowerment as referred to in the last post is not always a negative thing. Economic empowerment is There are companies that are using empowerment as a marketing strategy and it makes for a great brand image boost and it shows...
  • Commented on Appeal | Social | Lucy Michell
    I think that this is such an interesting topic. The normalization of sex and the use of sex appeal in our everyday life is really changing how we as designers need to communicate. I think that the most important question...
  • Posted Joshua Larson | Social | Empowerment to DHA 4365W
    The definition of words is often the starting point when one is researching. The base of the argument could be within the definition of the phrases used. When taking a look at Empowerment and Social Responsibility in design, this idea...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Josh Larson

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page