huffx067

• Commented on Competitiveness | Social Agenda | Allison Hall
    These are the questions that this class is all about and the answers are different for everyone. I will tell you I never felt like I was lying when I worked and I worked at a lot of different places....
  • Commented on Usability: The Social Agenda, Sarah Schiesser
    I am with you that spork just doesn't cut it - what were they thinking. How about a redesign? With your" functionality is still at the heart of the design--it must work and serve a distinct purpose." comment I do...
  • Commented on Children, Research, & Finance
    I like how you are looking at the audience here. Just like we need to look at every audience as we design for them. Today it is not about who buys it - it is about who uses it. Very...
  • Commented on Ownership and the Financial Agenda in Design
    This is a big big issue. And as I mentioned in class photographers have done a fairly decent job and renting their products rather than selling. We could learn a lot from them. I also would love to see the...
  • Commented on Can design be Biodegradable and still have a Financial margin? Molly Andrews
    Yes how loud were those bags? I am shocked that the company went back on that packaging idea. I bet there was a money or other issue involved. This is a great topic to research more on. Richelle...
  • Commented on Empowerment: Financially Viable? Meher Khan-Financial
    Boy you could really slice and dice this a million ways. I like that you brought a country into it. I guess it has to do with timing as well. If you look at England and think of the 60's...
  • Commented on Personal Education & Design
    Thank you of course for using me as a reference however I think you could add more value to your blog post by giving us more information from other references as well. Even the example of Frank Chimero could have...
  • Commented on IKEA, Minimalisation, and the Financial Agenda
    Several of the students have used IKEA as a reference for their blog post and depending on their point of view it can be positive or negative. How interesting that we all don't see the world the same way. As...
  • Commented on Profit | Financial | Kirk Steineck
    I would have liked you to give me examples of those assembly line design firms. I think we should really look at what that means and what you all think about how that related to you and your career. Should...
  • Commented on Distribution -- Environmental Agenda -- Sarah Even
    The story of stuff is really interesting however I am concerned that it is not really addressing the real issue of why the women thinks it is OK to pay 4 dollars for a radio in the first place. She...
  • Commented on Environmental Agenda - Recyclability (Reusability)
    The comment above show as great store in London called unpackaged. I love that no package is now a store. I was at a conference the other day and a friend of mine who works at a large very large...
  • Commented on Waste | Environmental Agenda | Tarin Gessert
    I wonder if we are as in tune with waste as we should be? I recently say an article on how much of the used clothing in America is shipped to India and is a huge problem as it is...
  • Commented on 'Status' in the Financial Agenda
    Status is driven by branding - Hmm, I think you are right but what of kings and queens and their birth given status and how is that in relation to branding. Now if you tell me Mercedes is about Status...
  • Commented on Don't fall at first sight! - Quang Dao
    I wonder if appeal could also be looked at with our other senses as well - such as smell and touch. It would be good to better understand the overall quality of appeal when we see it through our design...
  • Commented on Fun and the Financial Agenda | Jonathan Glatfelter
    Jonathan, Hmmm - I guess I have to ask you the basic question of what is most important to you? Fun or money? Now that does not mean you can't have fun making money but it does beg the question...
  • Commented on Quality and the Environmental Agenda
    Joel, I am really wondering at what point we decide to have more for less and live with less in quality as well. I think back at how people used to save for a couch or rug and just live...
    I think you raise such a good question which for me is are we willing to pay for quality? Why do we create throw away design? As we move forward could we sell at a higher price for better quality?...
  • Commented on Communication | Environmental | Lindsey Ostby
    BP is the company to learn from. When companies go through this kind of problem they will either fix it or die. I will be interested to see if BP can really fix this and what the world does in...
  • Commented on Finding Inspiration in Other Design Fields - Pleasure/Personal - Joann Dzon
    It is great to have friends and colleagues as like minded people to share ideas with and to profess the loves of their lives. However I believe it is the people not like us and the ideas that we don't...
  • Commented on Quantity: Personal (Michelle Haga)
    Wow - how important is it to better understand what true Quality is. If we look at our lives as craft it would be easy to see how someone how does it more understands it better. Do we regard our...
  • Commented on Energy - Personal - Hilary
    Ms. Hazzard, yes I see the energy as well - I think you are right about so many parts of your editorial. I wonder if you could give us a few other examples or facts next time as I do...
  • Commented on Marketability | Personal | Kelsey Gullickson
    Kelsey, As you know in our other class I am really interested in you using your own Desired Image Attributes to help define you as an individual. the article on Capitalizing on Creative Differences just confirms one more time how...
  • Commented on Affordability | Personal | Lindsay Nayes
    Lindsay - you touch on many ways to look at affordability and I can see you did some nice research to see what that means in the world of work. I believe the design community is short changing itself when...
  • Commented on Education | Social | Ellen Risch-Boody
    If one were to comment to a group " the best laid schemes o' mice an' men" and they did not understand what you meant it would be a pity!...
  • Commented on Convenience, Personal, Grace Bettino
    And then can convenience be to the end-user a result of great design? Could you have made information easier to understand by making it convenient? Do I know how to stop someone from choking because of a poster being in...
  • Commented on Health | Personal | Brendan Ryan
    I think I may have to go see Avatar again after all of that!...
  • Commented on Fun, Personal, Natalie Olbrantz
    Everyone deserves "fun" in thier lives and if there is a way to deliver on that word it will in the end create a distinct impression. However I am always amazed at what some people characterize as fun. My 13...
  • Commented on Pollution // Personal // Tessa Jonson
    How do we make decisions when it comes to pollution and energy on a larger scale and when it affects the poor? I believe we often need to show examples that will help a larger audience so that it is...
  • Commented on Quality - Financial - Micki Benson
    I think you have shown great examples of what could also be seen as a quality experience. I wonder how we can determine what in the end is more important? Or is quality both of design and experience. I know...
  • Commented on Marketing/Financial [Danielle Attinella]
    "I believe it is important to consider that because of increased stimulus from advertising corporate societies are becoming more intelligent and able to formulate opinions easier, meaning advertising and design work should be intelligent as well." I really like this...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from huffx067

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page