coop0192

• Commented on Question Submission 10
    I am confused as to how Delbruck and Ellis saw the experimental results from their work with phages as "in complete opposition" to the sigmoidal growth curve model that was widely accepted (pg. 43) According to Morange extensive study of...
  • Commented on Question Submission 6
    Is a reductionist view really flawed, or just incomplete? I think reduction is a useful tool in many cases, like molecular genetics, but it also requires a higher level underestanding of system function at the component level to achieve true...
  • Commented on Question Submission 7
    My question involves the term "robust" as it applies to biological systems. I have heard the word used in discussion several times, and it seems to me synonomous with fitness. Is "robustness" simply a magnitude of fitness? The definition of...
  • Commented on Question Submission 5
    I happened upon a news story yesterday of Venter's work creating synthetic DNA from "scratch." What caught my eye was a quote from Venter, "This is a philosophical advance as much as a technical advance," and it seemed like Venter...
  • Commented on Question Submission 4
    I am curious as to how the sexual determination factors of other organisms were explained in the early twentieth century. McClung was spot on with the sex chromosome theory in fruit flies, but what about reptiles, amphibians, and other organisms...
  • Commented on Question Submission 4
    I am curious how in the early twentieth century sex determination was rationalized outside of mammals and other XY organisms. McClung nailed the sex chromosome in drosophila, but how were sexual characteristics of reptiles, amphibians, and so many other organisms...
  • Commented on Question Submission 3
    At the time of Boveri's experiment, were the microscope limitations a factor in the development of his hypothesis and an influence to his observations? At the time I believe it wasn't possible to see an individual strand of uncondensed DNA...
  • Commented on Question Submission 1
    Darwin gives little implication, at least in the first four chapters, that man is also a product of natural selection and was born of lesser creatures. There seems to be a separation of man from all other life. Being a...
  • Commented on Trial Run
    Mendel...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from coop0192

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page