quint073

• Commented on Question Submission 14 (Last One)
    In Prof. Waters’s "Beyond Theoretical Reduction and Layer-Cake Antireduction” he explained Rosenberg idea that the relation between molecular genes and Mendelian phenotype is too complex to make a connection between these concepts. My question is, this is not what the...
  • Commented on Question Submission 13
    In Wimsatt's paper "Reductive Explanation: A Functional Account" there is a section called "Differentiating types of reduction for a richer vision" which start explain the difference between inter-level reductions and intra-level reduction. I think I understand the inter-level but i...
  • Commented on Question Submission 11
    In Schaffener it explain that it been a reduction of biology to physic and chemistry by the discovery of molecular biology. There been given a variety of example in class like the use of x-ray, the use of electrophoresis, chromatography...
  • Commented on Question Submission 9
    While reading Morange book it say that “Geneticist studied genes without apparently being interested either in the way they worked or in their chemical nature.” As a scientists I think you’re suppose to be interest in how things work from...
  • Commented on Question Submission 8
    my question is about the wild type alleles. I know that this question arise in class but I stills have some doubts about it. The wild-type alleles is suppose to be the one that prevails among individuals in natural condition....
  • Commented on Question Submission 7
    My question if about prof. Water diagram. The diagram was explaining how theory could explain some aspect of the world and create a explanatory range. Then from that explanatory range domains are create. My question is, how could the same...
  • Commented on Question Submission 6
    In class was discuss the Morgan paradox which say that “one gene alone has produced this effects. … but the effects is produced only in conjunction with all the other.” Could the example of albinism can fit with Morgan paradox?...
  • Commented on Question Submission 5
    My question come from the discussion of last Tuesday when it was discuss that Mendel establish his experiment, his experiment were focus in the development area and not in the genetics as it is well know now. Why people thought...
  • Commented on Question Submission 3
    In the reading “Early evidence for the nuclear control of inheritance” explain the points of view of four German scientists which believed that chromosomes were the physical basis of inheritance. With Flemming’s work of Mitosis in the 1882 and Boveri...
  • Commented on Question Submission 2
    In class was discuss the importance of Mendel’s work regarding to the variation among species. It was also explain the importance of model organisms and the reasons why Mendel choose peas as a organisms for his experiment. What could happened...
  • Commented on Question Submission 1
    It was discuss in class the explanation and evolution among Greeks. In Aristotle’s statement about heredity he say: “For man is generated from man; and thus it is the possession of certain character by the parent that determines the development...
  • Commented on Trial Run
    mendel...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from quint073

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page