rrooney

• Posted end of the week to Treks Transform 2010
    I have rarely if ever participated in a week long, really two week long program, such as this one that was presented with as much care in planning and instruction, materials available.I have been exposed to a lot more than...
  • Posted narrowing and focusing to Treks Transform 2010
    Today's presentation on web 2.0 stimulated reflection about the possibilities for acquiring information quickly and how our key role is in assisting students to make informed choices, evaluate information, think critically. We and they can so easily be dazzled by...
  • Posted Wednesday reflection/blog to Treks Transform 2010
    I knew some things about adobe presenter but learned some new ones; the camtasia introduction was also useful. I am becoming more clear about the priorities of what I plan to do with my course: [1] modify the syllabus with...
  • Posted blog/feedback on Tuesday to Treks Transform 2010
    I found all of today to be quite useful. Michelle's presentation stimulated a lot of useful discussion and thinking about how I can work with student discussions better. I have been using videoant for awhile but it was useful to...
  • Posted evaluation of the day to Treks Transform 2010
    I found the day useful, particularly the afternoon in learning about potentially useful technologies for my uses: camtasia and umconnect. I am becoming more clear about the uses I will make. I found the morning moderately useful. The first presentation...
  • Posted overall impressions to Treks Transform 2010
    I have been gratified by the opportunity to participate in an interdisciplinary conference of various actual and potential communities of learning through the Madison conference. I was exposed to technological and pedagogical possibilities that have broadened my perspective about the...
  • Posted Mentor in a box to Treks Transform 2010
    Thomas Smith, program director for engineering professional development, demonstrated use of tools such as adobe connect, our version is umconnect, for mentoring learners on the spot in the field. Other mechanisms included devices like blue tooth for coaching the practitioner...
  • Posted establishing a blended professional practice doctoral degree for educational technologists to Treks Transform 2010
    cathy Cavanaugh described a well developed mostly on line educational doctorate fat the University of Florida. The program is designed to support educational practitiioners who don't want to be researchers or faculty members but rather are currently practitioners in educational...
  • Posted Digital habitats and communities of practice to Treks Transform 2010
    I was less impressed with this presentation by Etienne Wingert than the earlier one. It caused me to think about the format of the very large group presentation such that he could interact less with participants. He also presented a...
  • Posted Distance education in the decade ahead to Treks Transform 2010
    Judith Boettcher and Rick Shearer presented a framework of predictions, opportunities and challenges for learners and broke them down by implications for learners, faculty members, content and learning environment. Participants suggested adding educational leadership and instructional designers to the groups...
  • Posted Developing Visual Media to Treks Transform 2010
    The presenters modelled and introduced us to a variety of media useful for dealing with media with advantages and disadvantages of each. I tuned out to some such as electronic blackboards that would not fit my field much but others...
  • Posted Creating Communities of Learning to Treks Transform 2010
    I very much enjoyed Profesor Etienne Wingert's style of presentation, modeling his content as well as what he presented. He engaged the group effectively with story telling that felt as if he were with us and not manipulating us. He...
  • Posted Is e-learning e-mentia to Treks Transform 2010
    Dr. White had clever videos to make his points essentially arguing that presentations need to be interesting, meaningful, motivating, memorable to be effective; he told stories effectively to make his points....
  • Posted Using a design framework for creating a sense of presence to Treks Transform 2010
    Rosemary Lehman and Simone Conceicao presented their framework featured in two books they have written.I am all for transparency but their book plugging put me off for awhile, before I could get into their framework. Essentially they argued for creating...
  • Posted 4 R's in multi-media projects: rationale, roles, resources and rubrics to Treks Transform 2010
    This presentation demonstrated useful models of student work in multi-media presentations. It led to useful discussion about realistic expectations for media savvy skills for students in our courses. We concluded that the media skills may be more essential for such...
  • Posted Redefining on-line discussions: a taxononomy to encourage on-line discussion to Treks Transform 2010
    Professors Ford, Tancock and Putnam collaborated to analyze student responses to on-line discussion and came up with a taxonomy to describe those responses. The seven categories are familiar to instructors, recognizable; they also suggested prompts for nudging participants/students to a...
  • Posted On Line role play activities for oral presentations proficiency to Treks Transform 2010
    Vera Polyakova-Norwood, an instructional desiger, worked with a nursing faculty member to create a syohronous role play experience for nursing doctoral students. They found that in an on-line program, students developed many skills: dealing with text, making multi-media presentations etc....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from rrooney