jack0682

• Posted I blame it on my hippocampus! to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    My friends tell me I am terrible with directions, apparently even if they are "easy to follow". I avoid driving or being the leading navigator in any situation (both voluntarily and involuntarily...). I know my friends are right. I...
  • Posted Multiple Intelligences: possibly interchangeable with talent? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    It is obvious that some people are more successful in different intellectual domains than others. Gardner's Multiple Intelligences suggests eight different domains of intellectual skill people can identify with. The domains consist of the following, in which people can score...
  • Posted Breakin' into the aggressive jeans to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    >:( The mystery of how video games truly effect children remains varied, however research all points to fairly immediate aggression directly after encounters with repeated, elongated amounts of violence. After viewing the video recording of children's behavior after watching...
  • Posted Impact of False Memories to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    Memory illusions. Before the topic arose in class, I believed anyone who came up with "false memories" had to be crazy! Now I see how easy it is, according to Loftus's findings as well as the tragedy of the Ingram...
  • Posted Addictive personality, or just addictions? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    Many times we hear people believe others "have an addictive personality" to drug and alcohol abuse. Addictive personalities, as the Lilienfeld text states, are more likely due to personality traits predisposing the individual to abuse, rather than having a...
  • Posted Any excuse to get "high" to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    Sunny, Thrilled, Euphoric, Elated, Ready, Confident, Loving, Exhilarated, Airy, Relaxed... Don't these words make you feel a sense of simple happiness? That is, until you realized what it stands for. STEER CLEAR. Of what..? You may ask. This warning is...
  • Commented on Would you use video-conferencing to meet with your psychologist?
    This seems ridiculous. People should meet on a personal level. I enjoy Skype and utilizing other forms of technology but these new ways of communicating are becoming way more impersonal than necessary. In addition, people are able to tap in...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from jack0682