enoch002

• Posted last blog post to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    i think a great example of convergence is in the halo video games they are a series of teen rated sifi first person shooter games. the games had great success when they where first released and continued to have a...
  • Commented on FINAL DQS FOR THE SEMESTER GO HERE.
    so in the article it said the demographic that read the romance novels where middle aged women, what i am wandering is if they renamed the books and marketed them for men would the demographic change? or would women still...
  • Commented on Blog Response: Catch up/final paper ideas
    this looks like it will be fun and also it would be interesting to see what some of the effects of the black Friday advertising are on youth as well....
  • Posted blog respons 12/03 to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I used to watch mostly hegemonic TV and other TV and media, but after I got ride of cable tv now most of what I watch I would say is counterhegemonic, although I would still say it is just to...
  • Commented on Blog prompt
    i think you will be able to find a lot of positive things and in your paper i think it is good that you are trying to focus on the positive and if you are worried about making it a...
  • Posted blog res final paper to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    1. I chose to look at a nonprofit organization and look at how they are trying to help media get better the organization is CCFC or "Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood" how try to educate children and parents about harmful...
  • Commented on Response to War Made Easy
    I think it is correct to have to tink critically of the news they have propaganda, and bias and as mentioned be so do the blogers but i think people can get most of what they need to know from...
  • Posted war made easy to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    In the documentary war made easy they talk about how the news creates propaganda to get the Americans citizens to support the war in iraq only playing images of success and how much they need us over there when the...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Thursday here!
    i wander with how the news papers are in a major decline will there be a need for as many journalists? and if so cill the journalists have to adapt how they are presenting there news?...
  • Commented on Sports Blog
    i like how you think and consider sports and how soccer may on be one of the most popular sports and how you did not play to fill the super masculine ideas of other sports like foot ball and i...
  • Commented on Post your DQs for Thursday here
    i feel like why is this author criticizing a sport? are they not for peoples entertainment, like and ipod, or a videogame i was an athlete that had my weight publicly announced in my player bio and when being recruited...
  • Commented on Killing Us Softly
    i think you have a great point about how the images you see you think are real but how they have been photo shoped but i also think just as you need to be vigilante about what you consume in...
  • Posted blog respons 11/5 to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    My add is a burger king add for the sandwich the super seven incher showing a younger lady wither her mouth open and the sandwich facing it. So the coloration in my add is mostly neutral colors having a brown...
  • Commented on Post Thursday DQs here!
    with McElroy's argument about how porn can help sexual problems for couples i was wandering what porn really is suposed to help? and is that really a positive stance or just an excuse for the continuation of porn?...
  • Commented on Blog Post 6
    I think it is interesting how you thought that when Remy called some people "cisgender" that you thought you where not taking full advantage of you potential, i never really thought of it in that way but after reading your...
  • Commented on Blog Post 6
  • Commented on Blog Post 6
  • Posted blog respons 10/22 to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    1. What surprised you about the lecture and info you gathered from Remy's talk? 2. How did Remy tie Halberstam's theory into his talk? 3. What themes from our course thus far did you see weaving through our discussion on...
  • Commented on POST THURSDAY DQS HERE!!!
    i am still a little confused between the difference between a transgender, transsexual and transvestite?...
  • Commented on Blog post #5
    i really like how you are going to be out lining your next paper and i like how you structured it i think i will try to apply that also to my next paper....
  • Posted blog respons to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    When I was thinking of what media I was thinking about what personifies the types of masculinity that was discussed in the article that would also show the violence, and after that I was thinking about a lot of the...
    i was wandering if at times people that have disabilities hied them from there employer os they can be hired? because i was watching homeland security and the main character had a metal disability. also if that is the case...
  • Commented on Blog number 5
    i agree with your comments and conciliation of how many men see the asian american women, and find it interesting your statement " I have also noticed that these women are seen as a sexual figure "if" they maintain a...
    when i was reading i was wandering in the collage's attempt to achieve diversity at what point will they begin to tern down people that have higher test scores? i thought about this when it was talking about betty being...
  • Commented on Week four blog prompt response
    i agree i think because so many men are fearful of being called fag or gay because they show emotions so they try o heard to poot on the tough guys front, but i also think many men realize women...
  • Posted what is tough guise to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    "Tough guise" is a persona that males are taught by the societal influences, that to be a man that gets respect and is revered he needs to have cretin traits, such as being emotionless and muscular, and with this also...
  • Posted week three respons to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    Girls gone anti feminism was ok. Duglus talks about how the media is trying to make the feminism movement be over and show how women are equal with men when she dose not think they are quite yet. She talks...
    in the first article "Girls Gone Anti-Feminism" one of the statistics they gave was that after 10 years of working after collage a women makes 69% of what a man makes, i was wandering if there is a correlating reason...
  • Posted blog question answer to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I believe I equally consume hegemonic and nonhegamonic media. First most of the media that I interact with tends to be anime cartoons and American entertainment tv shows. The anime cartoons tend to be nonhegamonic in respect to it is...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from enoch002

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page