Danny Gravier

• Commented on FINAL DQS FOR THE SEMESTER GO HERE.
    Romance is just another form of fiction. If it isn't fiction then it can serve the same purpose of creative non-fiction in that it's a true story told in a creative way. Either way this genre serves as a mode...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Tuesday here
    When Jenkins quotes the Coca-Cola president on the last lines of the first full paragraph on page 69, its nuts. Whether you know this quote comes from the president of a soft drink company or not, it still is crazy...
  • Posted Blog Response: Catch up/final paper ideas to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    For the final paper I chose option two. I am attempting to display the differences between the mass medias advertising for Black Friday in opposition to Adbusters Buy Nothing Day (BND) and how BND is the better model of reform...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Tuesday here!
    I would have like to know how Shaw interprets ex-gamers. Or maybe interviewed one. I wonder how being an ex-gamer could relate to ones gender, race or sexuality. As in, does someone's race, gender or sexuality lead one to quit...
  • Commented on Post DQs for this week here!
    My question comes from reading the "Ads Under Attack" article. Mainly I just want to know if jammers see any and all ads as susceptible to their altering work. Or do they only target ads that are particularly "bad", such...
  • Posted War Made Easy Response to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    Even after finishing the "A Propaganda Model" article and digesting everything that was inside of it, the biggest thing that stuck out in my head were the authors thoughts regarding objectivity on the second page. It stuck out enough that...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Thursday here!
    Steven Berlin Johnson makes the idea clear that online news sources are kind of taking over. He also points out the fact that some news papers are making the move to online only, or providing both print and web news...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Tuesday here.
    Is objectivity even a real possibility anymore? It is, or at the very least seems somewhat possible for a writer to report on something in an objective manner. However, it is absolutely impossible and naive to think that a writer...
  • Commented on Strangelove, or how I learned to stop bitching and love sports
    oooo high school. I've only been out high school for three of four years now but what a horrible place. At least Wayzata high school. You bring up high school as a sort of turning point for yourself and your...
  • Posted Sports Blog to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I was forced at a very young age to participate in athletic activities by my parents. I guess they thought it would be a good way for me to meet people and have a little physical activity in my life....
  • Commented on Post your DQs for Thursday here
    The argument at the beginning of "Selling Difference in the Sports Marketplace" is a tough one. Comparing the trading of NFL players to the slave trade makes perfect sense to me. However it also doesn't considering the two events were...
    Possibly an unanswerable question but here it goes. It really seems as though sports journalists, sports commentators etc have two separate stances on the sport of tennis. The first being mens tennis, which isn't really touched on in McKay and...
  • Posted Killing Us Softly: 4 Blog Response to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    It's interesting to consider how men are impacted by ads that include the "perfect" female. Kilbourne hinted at the idea that men judge these models to the women that surround them in an everyday setting. If that does in fact...
  • Commented on Blog Prompt- Remy's Lecture
    Kind of to go off of that point, it was neat that even Remy was able to say that he judges the way that some people look in some situations mainly because there is something that that tells him, and...
  • Commented on Remy Blog Response
    I know right?! When I get that overwhelming feeling though and I cant quite figure out how to make sense of it, thats when I realize that I DONT NEED to make sense of other people. I don't think that...
  • Posted Remy Blog Response to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    When Melody and Remy asked us who we felt we could identify with in the sex scene in "Boys Don't Cry" I thought to myself that that deserved a little bit of thought in order for me to answer honestly....
  • Commented on POST THURSDAY DQS HERE!!!
    The first question I had regarding this reading popped into my head on the third page. When Halberstam is talking about the "rewind" mode in film or what ever the medium. The transgender character, at first, passes as what ever...
  • Commented on POST TUESDAY DQS HERE!
    Its odd that in the "This is the Way We Live...and Love!" article one of the biggest complaints about the "L Word" is that people don't think the physical characteristics of the main characters is realistic. Its true that nearly...
  • Posted Blog Response: Research to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I did my second paper on the portrayal of manliness in the UFC. My roommate is super in to it and one day I was watching the pre fight interviews between two fighters with my roommate. Thats how I got...
    One of the things that stuck out the most to me was that near the end of the article Riley brings up that some people with physical disabilities do not want to be lumped together with people with mental disabilities....
  • Commented on POST TUESDAY DQS HERE!
    After reading the "Love the Way you Lie" article I had to watch the video because I felt like I could not totally grasp the entirety of the article. After watching it I really understand what Miranda was trying to...
  • Commented on POST TUESDAY DQS HERE!
    The Ono and Pham reading was rad. After reading everything up to the "Asian Americans in Internet Porn" section, I felt like I was able to look at Asian's and Asian Americans in the porn industry differently. I'm still unsteady...
  • Commented on TOUGH GUISE
    You talked a lot about violence and men withholding their emotions and a little idea popped in to my melon. What if the reason so many "manly" men are violent is because they with hold their emotions SO much? Despite...
  • Posted Week four blog prompt response to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    Men are told and slightly encouraged to uphold the tough guise probably because the majority of men are paranoid about how they are perceived by other men. Normally you would assume that men are worried about how they are looked...
  • Commented on POST THURS DQS HERE!
    It interesting when you consider what the appeal is of these types of television shows with the "buffoon" male figure. Its also interesting because for the most part they are used as objects not to laugh with, but rather to...
  • Commented on POST TUESDAY DQS HERE!
    I have never put this much thought into why so many television shows exist concerning fatherhood, in particular black fatherhood. I have never really noticed because I don't spend time watching these types of shows and I also never really...
  • Commented on Blog #2
    I really want to agree and comment on one of your last points about Douglas's discussion about what is portrayed on television. You made mention that you think and agree with the idea about television viewers (in particular watchers of...
  • Posted Feminism Blog Prompt Response to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    The more that I read Susan Douglas' article "Girls Gone Anti-Feminist" the more I realize that her main argument is in the title its self. However part of me really wonders if she's arguing that feminism has simply turned in...
    I admittedly know very little about feminism. With that said, I had no idea that some perceive the work of feminism as complete, especially because there are too many defendable reasons as to how it is not. That leads me...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from Danny Gravier

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page