kocou017

• Commented on 96.3 NOW Convergence and Fan Culture
    I didn't think a radio station could be a fanculture. Although I wonder how the fans of the radio station meet together? Is it by blogs in the internet?...
  • Posted Last Blog to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    ... I feel like such a nerd. First of all, I apologize because I'm going to say something we somewhat talked about in class because I can go far deeper within it. I'm going to talk about my own experience...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Tuesday here
    In the article it talks about how the viewers use calls and text messages to engage to American Idol. I find it a good idea to have some way to engage the viewers to the show to create anticipation but...
  • Posted A little something to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    Here's a link about different topics of gaming if you're interested http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/show/extra-credits I find it entertaining to watch and it talks a whole wide worth of subjects such as propaganda gaming and gamer. There are three seasons but watch whatever...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Tuesday here!
    In this reading, it seems that the writing is talking down about gamers... Is it bad to be a gamer? I used to be a hardcore gamer (not so much anymore because of college) but I still play a lot...
  • Commented on Final paper blog response
    I think if you talk to people and use the class discussion, you could get more opinions and questions to work on for you paper. I think it would be something fun to work on....
  • Posted Final paper blog prompt! to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    1.What option you chose My topic is the comparison of KPop (Korean Pop) groups/singers with Feminist groups/singers. I was thinking how in a lot on Korean music videos, they make the girl very cutesy or sexy. 2. What specific texts...
  • Commented on Post DQs for this week here!
    How does Jon Stewart rebelling against hegemony? I feel as though his shows are meant to be thought about and just have a laugh but not have the public's opinions changed. But I wouldn't consider Jon Stewart's Daily Show as...
  • Commented on Response to War Made Easy
    So there's the question of, if you can't trust the news because it's considered propaganda, and you can't exactly trust the bloggers about accurate news; what can you trust then? Because the media doesn't teach what to think but what...
  • Commented on Post DQs for Thursday here!
    I don't exactly think that newspapers are going on a dying 100%. Even if there re a lack of newspapers being picked up that doesn't mean that reading it is. I've seen a lot of people sharing newspapers in the...
  • Commented on Being a Girl and Liking Sports
    It's amazing that you did a lot of sports. Although wouldn't figure skating considered "feminine" and not much of a tomboy sport? Do you know what other kids thought of you when you did do figure skating?...
  • Posted sport blog~ to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    Currently, I'm not doing any sports. I used to do swimming lessons when I was in elementary school but stopped when I was 12 because I was sensitive towards chlorine and it gave me bad eczema. During the summer I...
  • Commented on Post your DQs for Thursday here
    The author was talking the NFL but I was wondering what the author would say about those football movies, such as Remember the Titans, The Blind Side, The express, etc.? In my opinion, those football movies don't have "homoerotic" feel...
  • Commented on Blog Entry Killing Us Softly
    When you were talking about fashion, it made me think how in different cultures might value fashion more than other countries. I know that over here, I can dress up with a big sweater and sweatpants without getting heavily judged...
  • Posted "Killing Us Softly" Blog Responds to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I actually seen an older version of "Killing Us Softly" but I couldn't remember it so well where and when, but it was very similar to the older one. I was somewhat sad that the video didn't talk much about...
  • Commented on Post Thursday DQs here!
    In the article "Pornified and female Chauvinist Pigs", Do you think porn have "any" effect on relationships at all? Or is your argument that porn is not at all having an effect? Because in McElroy, she said that porn can...
  • Commented on Blog Response to Remy
    When you were talking about how in Brazil, transgender people are very common in their culture. It made me remember reading this one article in a magazine talking about how this one guy got a sex change over in South...
  • Posted Remy blog responds to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    I thought the lecture/info with Remy was informing, especially with the topics of GLBT can be touchy for certain people and it's hard to talk to a person without the fear of insulting or arguing with another person. The only...
  • Commented on POST THURSDAY DQS HERE!!!
    In the reading, there's the "transgender gaze", does that apply only to the homosexual audience or is it for both heterosexual and homosexual audience?...
  • Commented on Blog prompt advice and research
    What was the ad you were analyzing for feminism? It is true that it's hard to get all the research materials grouped out and organized for a paper. It's really hard to get your words out right to have people...
  • Commented on Blog Answer 5
    Shoot I forgot a summary! The singer is talking about how there's a growing epidemic about girls worried about their looks instead of dealing with goals and just being yourself. In the music video it shows over exaggerations of what...
  • Posted Blog Answer 5 to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    1) I wrote a paper about there are feministic representations in the song "Stupid Girls" by the singer Pink. It's a song about how girls nowadays tend to worry about their appearances. The music video shows over exaggerated scenes how...
    In the article it talked about how people added more and more restrictions as a disability (such as ADD). But is there ever a time when something from the disability list is classified as not a disability? There are people...
  • Commented on blog post
    I agree with you when it comes getting rid of the discrimination issue. I think there will always be someone who would take something in a wrong way or a misunderstanding so discrimination will always happen....
  • Posted Blog Answer to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    Peno0005's question: Betty almost closes the door of opportunity for herself because she is "different"; do you see a problem with that? Many people may argue that they are not looked at the same or do not have equal opportunity,...
    In the Ugly Betty Article, Marc said the reason why Betty got accepted to YETI is because she's a "token ethnic girl". This comment made me wonder, could making a group (like a college or workspace) diverse hurt the opportunities...
  • Commented on TOUGH GUISE
    When I was reading about your blog post, it reminded me how guys who have the cold or bad boy atmosphere that just somehow draws you in. I wonder why it has that charismatic feeling to it. There's also the...
  • Posted Masculinity to Media Literacy Section 001 Fall 2011
    Why is masculinity a public health problem? I believe that most of the public health problems are related to deaths when it comes to masculinity. The stereotypes of masculinity are listed: quiet, independent, mentally and physically strong, rough, and tough;...
  • Commented on POST THURS DQS HERE!
    Why do characters in many entertainment television shows, not get promoted and always stick around the same job (or in Roseanne's case similar pink-collar jobs)? Because getting promoted means more money and the possibility of raising the character's social class....
  • Commented on Feminism
    I agree with the job issue. There's the question about the stats between income, who gets hired, and degrees. But even graphs can look differently just so that the author's argument can be supported such as changing the scale. Plus...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from kocou017

Following

Not following anyone

About This Page