mill3984

• Posted Conform at the Vikings Game to Section 25 Psych 1001
    Five years from now the subject of psychology I think I will remember most is the idea of conformity. My parents raised me to be my own person and to never follow the crowd. After watching the candid camera episode...
  • Favorited Peer pressure on Section 25 Psych 1001
  • Favorited How to improve our memory on Section 25 Psych 1001
  • Favorited You Can Kid the World, but Not Your Sister on Section 25 Psych 1001
  • Posted Development of Television to Section 25 Psych 1001
    This week in discussion we focused on the development of violence in children and specifically how violent television and video games causes (or if it causes) the development of violence. This got me thinking about how television affects children in...
  • Favorited Lucid dreaming and Inception on Section 25 Psych 1001
  • Commented on Lucid dreaming and Inception
    I love the movie Inception. Every time I watch I catch a new point in the plot that I had missed the first time. I think it would be really cool if we could experience other people's dreams, and the...
  • Commented on Breath in the fall air. Doesn't it make you think of Pavlov?
    I really like the way you thought about conditioned stimulus. I have never thought about how the weather can be a conditioned stimulus, but it is totally true. I know that when fall comes around for me I all of...
  • Posted Cramming... Best Study Plan!! to Section 25 Psych 1001
    Before college I used to do a good job at studying for school gradually, but the older I got, the more work I received which resulted in a dramatic change in my study habits. The majority of college students cram...
  • Posted Can Dogs Shed Some Light on Nature vs. Nurture? to Section 25 Psych 1001
    Can dogs really tell us something about nature vs. nurture? The researchers on the Nova documentary believe they can, so they pay particular attention to two studies. One study looked the ability of nurture to affect the behavior of wolves....
  • Posted Nature or Nurture to Section 25 Psych 1001
    The field of biology and genetics has grown substantially in the past century, so much so that we are not able to explain a great number of human diseases such as Down syndrome. This has lead scientists, especially psychologist, to...
  • Posted Orientation (wrote Feb. 16th and just found in wrong place) to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    This semester, and hopefully longer, I will be volunteering at The American Cancer Society in there health education department. Through this service I will be volunteering at different events that the American Cancer Society participates in that help to educate...
  • Posted Final Prepartaion to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    These were my last hours, and I spent it preparing shirts and other materials for the upcoming events. Overall, I had a really great experience with The American Cancer Society, and I plan on continuing to volunteer there over the...
  • Posted Research to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    Today I did research for Dai, my contact, at the American Cancer Society. I researched the effects of cancer on the Hmong community in Minnesota. I found statistics, facts, and their beliefs. I learned that this community believes that the...
  • Posted Comfortable to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    Unfortunately, I was not able to volunteer this week, but I was thinking about different ways to make cancer a more comfortable subject for people. Since it seems that it is mostly males who are really comfortable talking about cancer,...
  • Posted NACC Mammogram Van Day to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    Today I volunteered at a mammogram screening event that was geared toward the Native American Community in the Minneapolis. At this event a huge truck comes to the location, and the truck contains medical equipment to give women mammograms. While...
  • Posted Breast Cancer to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    On Friday, again I went into the American Cancer Society's office to help prepare materials for an upcoming event. The materials that I prepared included representations of breast cancer. There were two little beads on a wire that was attached...
  • Posted Shirt Preparation to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    Today I went into the American Cancer Society office again to help prepare for shirts for an upcoming event. During this time I was able to talk to the volunteer coordinator, and we talked about how learning about different cultures...
  • Posted Bagging to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    Today I did office work at the American Cancer Society. I put together bags, and other supplies that will be used at the next event. While doing this it made me think about how little things like gift bags make...
  • Posted First DaY! to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    I had my first true volunteering day. I was not in training, but instead I was educating people about the different forms of cancer, and what preventative things they should be doing. This event was hosted by the University of...
  • Posted Training #2 to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    This week I had training, so that I could provide information to people at the medical school's health event in downtown St. Paul. Even though the training provided me with a great deal of information about breast, colon, cervical, and...
  • Posted Preparation to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    This week I did not volunteer, but I have been talking to my contact at the American Cancer Society who is trying to find a time everyone can come in for training. Since I am starting to volunteer a week...
  • Posted Orientation to Wendy
  • Posted Wendy Miller to Biol 2301 - Leadership and Service
    Hey Everyone! I am Wendy Miller, and I am biology major. An interesting fact is that I have my motorcycle license....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from mill3984