olso5796

• Commented on "All things truly wicked start from an innocence."
    The inherent evil question is quite the thinker. Whenever I think about it I remember Lord of the Flies as well but I also recall the Broadway sensation Wicked. I'm not so sure this debate will ever be resolved as...
  • Commented on Got Milk?
    Who would have thought? I have never heard of milk being questioned for its nutritional benefits. Good find...
  • Commented on Dirty Little Secrets
    Very very interesting video, you're right I had no idea about this! I think one of the best parts of this post however is not only did you find a good topic but you proposed a good question at the...
  • Posted Photobooth, Facebook - Show Me the Beauty! to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    One important concept from chapter 11 is the mere exposure effect. This suggests that repeated exposure to a stimulus makes us more likely to feel favorably toward it - familiarity breed's comfort. Our book also points out that this effect...
  • Posted Grand Theft Auto - Training Kid Killers? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    (Make up for discussion Nov.3 ) This week we talked about video games and the effects, long and short term, that they have on aggression. When I think of violent video games the first thing I think of is...
  • Posted Cramming for Exam 2? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    The majority of PSY 1001 students are currently scrambling to finish their study guides and review all the chapters before Monday's test. Ironically enough one of the concepts we just studied gave evidence that in fact, cramming is no where...
  • Posted Smell and Schizophrenia? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    The limbic system is the emotional center of the brain and also is tied to smell, motivation and memory. This system was evolved from a primitive system dedicated to smell that was linked to survival behaviors in early mammals. How...
  • Commented on How Do Brains Work?
    Very interesting watching the Colbert Report and then reading the Amygdala article. Colbert's guest Pickner(?) describes brain function as repeated messaging patterns stating that the patterns are repeated and remembered and thats how we think/function. Then reading the amygdala article...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from olso5796