schu2756

• Posted Cults. Are they really as strange as they seem? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    While reading through chapter 13 I found the definition of cults to be interesting; "cults:groups that exhibit intense and unquestioning devotion to a single cause". When I thought about what that definition sounded like to me it made me think...
  • Posted Does the First Three Years Determine Our Psyche? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    While looking through chapter 10 I found infant determinism to be extremely interesting. It is the assumption that our early experiences, in our first three years, determine how we will act in adulthood. However, we can't assume later experiences in...
  • Posted Mirror Neurons = Compassion to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    When reading through this section I found mirror neurons to be especially interesting. I found the correlation especially interesting because you don't (when first looking at the vocabulary) directly relate mirror neurons and compassion. However when you think about it...
  • Posted Let Get Fearless! to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Amygdala: a small area in the brain that makes us conscious of our fear, anger, and pleasure. The articles showed us that without the amygdala we might be fearless. If we didn't have our amygdala we wouldn't be afraid to...
  • Posted Lets Get Fearless! to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Amygdala a small area in the brain that makes us conscious of our fear, anger, and pleasure. The articles showed us that with the removal of the amygdala we might be fearless, not phased by anything that would normally freak...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from schu2756