burke471

• Commented on Deindividuated Hipsters? How Ironically Ironic.
    What is social etiquette and socially "appropriate" behavior at a concert? What is it to be an engaging member of the audience? People who are determined to become closer with the crowd they are in and to become closer both...
  • Commented on Does Optimism = Less Stress?
    I do think it is a possible recipe for success. However, something really troubled me while reading this. Sure, I could say that I am going to do really well on all my finals and believe that I will do...
  • Commented on Never Ending Add-ons...
    This is definitely true. It's frustrating because I feel as if we are getting really cheated out of valuable information. Putting a disclaimer on the way bottom of a page in miniature font just so they can prove that it...
  • Posted Taurus: Stubborn, Dependable, Stable, and Possessive. to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    I definitely think something in psychology that I will never forget is the concept of Pseudoscience. We are all victims of it and I am no exception. Pseudoscience is relatively common in everyday life, especially with the things like...
  • Commented on Does your significant other look like he/she could be your sibling?!
    This is ridiculously accurate. Maybe it's just me? My boyfriend's best friend always tells us that I look more like I could be his sister than his actual sister does. I never know whether to take offense to it or...
  • Commented on Why Hatred Exists
    I think you've brought up some really interesting thoughts and questions. I for one definitely believe that hatred is a learned behavior. Nobody is born hating someone or with hateful feelings. As I continue to grow and learn in this...
  • Commented on Brotha from anotha motha
    This is very interesting to me because I too seem to run into the same problem. My dad is actually my step-dad and when we are out in public together, people always stop to say how much we look alike....
  • Commented on All Them Teeth But No Toothbrush
    I enjoyed the comparisons you made between the amygdala and an arm clock. It is really interesting how the amygdala seems to "wake up" during certain life events and goes into a sort of hibernation at other times. I'm fearful...
  • Commented on The Ethics Behind Animal Testing*
    You have no idea how excited I was to read this. Not only is this a topic I feel incredibly strong about, but I often have similar questions as you. I too understand the benefits achieved through the testing of...
  • Commented on Color Bilind test
    This was very interesting to read. It's quite intriguing that after being informed of what the picture had included, you were able to see the number in the photo. It makes me question if the placebo affect works in a...
  • Commented on Blame it on the A a a a a Amygdala
    The title of this post is genius. In fact, it's what led me to read more about what you had to say about the amygdala and the "fight or flight" stimulus. You brought up a very interesting point about the...
  • Posted Want to look 10 years younger? We've got a real treat for you! to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Over the past several years, anti-aging/wrinkle treatments have been all the rage. It comes in many forms such as creams, gels, and even botox treatments. The article in our text book (page 370) brings up the point that several...
  • Commented on Hold On I Need to Tweet This
    I found this entry very intriguing and I'm glad I clicked on it. Checking my phone while I'm spending time with friends is something I fall victim to time and time again. I am never aware of how it might...
  • Favorited Hold On I Need to Tweet This on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Commented on Is everyone victim to the "standards of beauty"?
    This was one of my more favorite concepts to read about in that chapter. I always wonder the same questions as well. As we see in high school and beyond, the "popular" kids date popular kids, the "nerds" date the...
  • Favorited Is everyone victim to the "standards of beauty"? on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Commented on peer pressure.
    This is very interesting. If only we knew back then what we know now! It's hard to think that someone you consider to be a "friend" or a "best friend" could ever do any wrong. A lot of times children...
  • Favorited peer pressure. on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Posted The Art of Potty Training to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    The chapter on learning was very intriguing. Learning is a concept that we all understand and is often associated with memory. Is learning a slow, gradual process or a sudden, all-or-nothing process? I believe it is a slow, gradual...
  • Posted The Amygdala: Can It Be Manipulated As We Are? to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    The Amydala is a feature of our brains that is associated with emotions. It is most known for it's association with fear and how animals and humans deal with fear. The articles presented were both really interesting and covered...
  • Posted The Amygdala to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from burke471