bedea002

• Posted Don't Hate the Player, Hate the Game to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    As I was reading through the situational influences of aggression I noticed a funny little trend. All but two of them can be attributed to most first-person shooter video games. Interpersonal Provocation: Little kids yelling insults, not surprisingly, make us...
  • Commented on Unit testing...*yawn*
    I think most of us are just anxious to get the coding finished which makes unit testing a boring yet necessary distraction. Thinking of ways to break our code can also be tedious, but it makes our code much more...
  • Commented on Blog Assignment 4
    I agree that it is very important to write tests and check your code as you're writing it. I have run into many problems waiting until I finished and attempting to debug the whole thing. Brett Bedeaux...
  • Commented on Frickin' Dolphins With Frickin' Laser Beams On Their Fricken Heads...well sort of
    This is a really interesting example of conditioning. It's awesome that Dr. Evil's request has (sort of) come to fruition....
  • Favorited Zombie Ants! on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Favorited HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE!!!!! on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Favorited Frickin' Dolphins With Frickin' Laser Beams On Their Fricken Heads...well sort of on Section 24 PSY 1001pub
  • Commented on Zombie Ants!
    This is a very interesting topic and the article was awesome. Although, I feel like trying to control humans in a similar way might be frowned upon by some people....
  • Commented on HONEY BADGER DON'T CARE!!!!!
    I liked your post. It was really funny and honey badgers seem like they are pretty badass....
  • Posted Too Hungry to Sleep but Too Tired to Eat to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    On the section of Motivation, one thing I found interesting was the concept of conflicting drives. This occurs when approach and avoidance drives clash with themselves and each other. The tendency to approach comes from an inclination toward situations, like...
  • Commented on Subversion
    I agree that it is helpful to get in the habit of updating your repository before you start coding to avoid working on code that's already been written. However, it is also necessary to communicate with your group outside of...
  • Commented on Blog 3 - Subversion and Source Control
    The ability to revert back to old code, save working versions, and work on projects on any computer are great advantages to using subversion. You did a very nice job of explaining these benefits for someone considering using this tool....
  • Commented on B3 - Subversion and Source Control
    Forgot my name on that comment. - Brett Bedeaux...
    You did a good job of covering all the important commands and explaining subversion to people who might not have used it yet. My partner and I have also run into the "this file is already under version control" error....
  • Posted Note: [Add clever title] to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    Procrastination is a wide-spread problem that affects many college students, including myself. For instance, I put this blog entry off until now because football was on and video games are far more fun. However, the biggest procrastination promoter, at least...
  • Commented on Blog-2: Working in Groups
    This is the main reason I like to work in a group too. A partner can provide a fresh, perhaps more simple, approach to a problem and you can learn from each other by seeing new techniques. Brett Bedeaux...
  • Commented on B2 - Working in Groups
    Working with a partner is very beneficial. My partner and I are the same way. He is better at some aspects of programming and vice versa. We can teach other new things and ultimately finish projects quicker. Brett Bedeaux...
  • Commented on B2 - Working in Groups
    Working in a group is really beneficial. My partner and I are the same way. He is better in some aspects of coding and vice versa so we can teach each other new things and ultimately finish projects faster....
  • Commented on Benefits from working in groups
    Collaborating on a project produces fresh ideas and is a great way to learn new skills and techniques with programming. Also, I definitely agree that working alone can get pretty boring. Brett Bedeaux...
  • Posted Playing with the Amygdala to Section 24 PSY 1001pub
    While playing video games, I've often caught myself yelling and swearing at the TV. Yes the TV, an inanimate object. This makes me wonder, what inside me would compel me enough to yell at something that can't even yell back?...
    It's pretty clear that video games provoke emotional responses. Just join any online first-person shooter game and you can listen to players yell, swear, and even threaten one another, but why do players become so emotional when playing certain games?...
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from bedea002