pilke002

• Posted What will I remember? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    When I think about the many different concepts that I've been introduced to in the last semester, I think that I will remember the different theories on (ironically enough) memory. Personally, I found the information regarding memory to be...
  • Posted Does my nose grow? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    According to the Lilienfeld text, the infamous "lie detector" relies on the assumption that the human body experiences a physiological or behavioral change when lying known as the Pinocchio response. If the test relies on this naturally occurring response,...
  • Posted Violent Video Games and Human Qualities? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    It is a very controversial study in the present day regarding the effects of violent video games on a person's aggression level in the real world. However, Dr. Brock Bastian decided to investigate a new area in how violent...
  • Posted Optimism: A Flaw? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    You know how it is said that we should be optimistic or to keep our chin up when we are pursuing a goal? Well according to a new study collaboration between University College London, the Free University in Berlin,...
  • Posted Sleep and Consciousness? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    Curious question: How does brain functioning between being awake and being asleep differ? Or more importantly, how does it differ between being conscious and unconscious? If we can come up with a logical answer, what will the new knowledge...
  • Posted Embarrassment: A good thing? to Section 04 and 05 F11 PSY 1001
    According to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the word "Embarrass" means "to become anxiously self-conscious". Doesn't sound like a good feeling, does it? Well according to an article published by "HealthDay News", being easily embarrassed may actually be a good thing....
Subscribe to feed Recent Actions from pilke002